5 months pregnant Native American woman killed by some King County sheriff’s pigs...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/single-mother-fatally-shot-police-months-pregnant-article-1.2842156
Single mother fatally shot by police on Muckleshoot tribal land was five months pregnant

A pregnant Auburn woman was shot and killed by local sheriff’s deputies after they arrived at her home to check on her well-being, according to her foster sister Danielle Bargala.

Renee Davis, who had an ongoing struggle with depression, reached out to a friend early Friday evening, explaining to them that she wasn’t doing well. The recipient of the 23-year-old mother’s text went on to alert the local authorities, prompting several King County sheriff’s deputies to head over to Davis’ home located on Muckleshoot tribal land to check on her, The News Tribune reported.

“It’s really upsetting because it was a wellness check,” Bargala told the newspaper. “Obviously she didn’t come out of it well.”

The sheriff’s office told the newspaper they responded to the report of a suicidal individual and arrived at Davis’ home just after 6:30 p.m.

“They tried repeatedly to get somebody to come to the door,” Sgt. Cindi West told Komo News. “Bu they could see two kids running around inside the house.”

Both children, ages 2 and 3, belonged to Davis, her sister said, noting the single mother had another child, a five-year-old, who was with friends the night of the shooting.

“They found her in the house and she was armed with a handgun,” West said.

According to the news station, the deputies ended up firing multiple rounds, fatally hitting Davis, who was five months pregnant.

Bargala said while she knew her sister owned a hunting rifle — Davis had been an avid hunter — she wasn’t aware she owned a handgun.

She and Bargala grew up in a family of seven kids — Davis, who is of Native American descent, came to live with the family on the Muckleshoot reservation when she was an elementary school student.

Bargala told the Tribune she had never known Davis to even harshly punish her children, let alone be violent: “She was such a soft person.”

Davis’ family is now in the process of figuring out where her three children will go. According to the Tribune, they currently being housed by relatives.

The two deputites have been placed on paid administrative leave while detectives investigate the shooting.

hnj4h6eaopra.jpg

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine ones Always crazy. RIP to the chick tho. Eventually our struggles will unite us! Others will start experiencing what we've went through for centuries.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Copper wrote: »
    Police don't do wellness checks on people of color...

If your concerned get friends and family to go check it out

Only problem with that is friends and family 99% of the time don't have the ability to do what's needed to help the person. Not saying the police do either, but you need a some other trained professional for this ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who'd they open fire?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

Only problem with that is friends and family 99% of the time don't have the ability to do what's needed to help the person. Not saying the police do either, but you need a some other trained professional for this ?

I'm talking about just checking and talking the person down
  • MizuryLillith
    MizuryLillith Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Copper
    These ? emojiis
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

And having dealt with that I'm telling you it takes a professional. Only but so much you can do to calm somebody down, especially if they're in a manic state
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

And having dealt with that I'm telling you it takes a professional. Only but so much you can do to calm somebody down, especially if they're in a manic state

True

These families have really no one to turn to for assistance
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

True

These families have really no one to turn to for assistance

There's nothing you can do unless they're trying to harm themselves or other people. With budget cuts things like this will happen more often. Cases you would ordinarily see handled in a delicate manner are now ignored until a crime has been committed.
  • warren98
    warren98 Members Posts: 472 ✭✭✭✭
    If there's one thing in life that hits me in the feels, its gotta be orphans.

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It’s really upsetting because it was a wellness check,” Bargala told the newspaper. “Obviously she didn’t come out of it well.”

Anybody i know that says some ? ? like that to a reporter after i die is getting haunted times 10.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ghetto love is the law that we live by
    Day by day I wonder why my shorty had to die
    I reminice over my ghetto princess everyday
    Give it up for my shorty
  • Copper

Me and my family dealt with it w/o a "professional".
    Cops are trained to put down a threat...now add that to the fact that they see blacks as extra threatening and thats who you trust with your family members life?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    No accountability in police departments has created this culture in the first place.
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though the lady was armed, they had to know she was pregnant.....no excuses.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me and my family dealt with it w/o a "professional".
    Cops are trained to put down a threat...now add that to the fact that they see blacks as extra threatening and thats who you trust with your family members life?

I don't think that anyone is arguing with you that cops aren't a great option in those situations. People are just pointing out that situations like that can't always be handled safely by the fam. My wife's brother is ? . If he doesn't take his medicine he bugs out. I've witnessed him get a knife and try to ? himself out of nowhere and then turn the knife on others when they tried to stop him. Sure, the fam was able to de-escalate the situation, but they still had to call the cops to get him to the mental facility.
  • Copper
    I never said all situations can be handled by family...I said I'd rather have my loved ones life put in the hands of other loved ones...