Video:TNT releases a new trailer for Charles Barkley’s new show “The Race Card” aka "The ? Card"…

13»

Comments

• Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Jim Brown said when u you get over just comply and.... "don't give them a reason to shoot you." He's too old and broken at this point. Thats a conditioned mindset, they dont have a ? reason to shoot yet he's making it seem like we're responsible for their actions.

If that's not victim blaming i don't know what is

Hurt me to hear that ? and the uncomfortable ass way he was leaning on that seat.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mohamed wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    mohamed wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    ansb1sgy8kk7.gif

What show is this from

I was looking up random ? on youtube the other day and stumbled upon this

https://youtu.be/6bWyhj7siEY

The video, song and gif is the perfect representation of ? 's mindstate. Copper is a genius.

Damn why did I even ask! Scust at the first 5 secs of that vid

Bruh i quickly has to turn that bs off lol smh
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Only person inside missing is Michael Jordan for more cooning and bafooning.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing with Jim Brown is he seems more jealous of the fact ? is out here protesting in 2016. It's more like "what Kaepernick's doing could never be like what we did back then". ? is jealous & being a petty ? . But I see that in a lot of older black ppl sometimes. Their too judgemental of their own and literally hate the younger generation for being different
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Brown's money must be low because I never thought I would see him cooning. I'm sorry Jim but you brought this on yourself.

iafg6uatv9ig.gif
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why does Jim Brown's history get erased simply because he disagrees with you? *Beanie Sigel voice* You're not qualified...

Sounds like your little mob mentality is the problem. Maybe you should hear him/them out and see where they're coming from and either agree to disagree, or take in the gems being dropped and drop some of your own.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why does Jim Brown's history get erased simply because he disagrees with you? *Beanie Sigel voice* You're not qualified...

Sounds like your little mob mentality is the problem. Maybe you should hear him/them out and see where they're coming from and either agree to disagree, or take in the gems being dropped and drop some of your own.

? you and hearing that ? out. I don't entertain the opinion of the ignorant
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jim Brown, Shaq and Barkley didn't drop not 1 damn gem on that stage.

In the past Jim Brown dropped plenty and put in some work. That can't be denied but he was on some other ? on that stage
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case I agree with you. All the work Jim Brown has put in this one moment shouldn't negate all of that.

Also there are things a person can do just one time the eliminates everything real or positive that person may have done in the past.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.. Did not watch.

I'll give it a peep when Minister Farrakhan is a guest.

Until then, no, thanks!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Brown not black anymore. Maybe if he had a twitter account I can take him seriously. I only listen to twilants.
  • blackamerica

This is another example of the ? sympathizing I've grown a custom too from you. First Ray Lewis, then RZA now JB. This has become a pattern

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

This is another example of the ? sympathizing I've grown a custom too from you. First Ray Lewis, then RZA now JB. This has become a pattern

Bruh.... "accustomed to" is the phrase you're looking for SMH.

I've never "sympathized" with Ray Lewis, but in any case I'm just asking people to see both sides of the argument. RZA's status in Hip-Hop is SOLIDIFIED, JB's status in the sports activist realm is SOLIDIFIED.

ONE disagreement with their comments on a topic that you're not anymore educated than they are on, should NOT instantly turn them from legend to ? . That's ridiculous! If a legend or someone you respects says something, you owe them a fair trial at investigating where they're coming from. That's the ONLY way we're going to move forward. All of this pointing fingers at anyone who doesn't agree with me ? is for the ? ? that want to gossip all day in place of putting in work.
  • blackamerica
    edited October 2016

Bruh.... "accustomed to" is the phrase you're looking for SMH.

I've never "sympathized" with Ray Lewis, but in any case I'm just asking people to see both sides of the argument
    . RZA's status in Hip-Hop is SOLIDIFIED, JB's status in the sports activist realm is SOLIDIFIED.

ONE disagreement with their comments on a topic that you're not anymore educated than they are on, should NOT instantly turn them from legend to ? . That's ridiculous! If a legend or someone you respects says something, you owe them a fair trial at investigating where they're coming from. That's the ONLY way we're going to move forward. All of this pointing fingers at anyone who doesn't agree with me ? is for the ? ? that want to gossip all day in place of putting in work.
    That's your problem. You're always seeking the "other side" of a argument when it's not warranted. Is there two sides to slavery? Is there two sides to mass incarceration? Is there two sides to racial profiling? No, all that ? is WRONG. So if Ray Lewis, Charles Barkley or RZA gets on tv and condone the circumstances that lead up to police murdering black ppl, then how is that not coonery? Police murder black folks at disgusting proportions, and as long as ? like you look for "middle ground" we'll never get to the real root of our issues. You are a ? sympathizing ?

PS. RZA or Jim Brown being past legends does not legitimize their coonin
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? is media propaganda to the 10th power.

The Chuckster is a retired basketball player. How does that qualify him to be an expert on race in America?

Marc Lamont Hill, or Umar Johnson would be a much better choice.

I wonder if the race card was being played when we were brought here as slaves??
  • blackamerica
    I'm
    This ? is media propaganda to the 10th power.

The Chuckster is a retired basketball player. How does that qualify him to be an expert on race in America?

Marc Lamont Hill, or Umar Johnson would be a much better choice.

I wonder if the race card was being played when we were brought here as slaves??
    Ask NothinButTheTruth this. I'm sure he'll argue if slavery was really that bad, and if our oppressor was really in the wrong. He says we don't look at both sides of everything
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18019070/charles-barkley-shock-election-urges-people-give-donald-trump-chance
    Charles Barkley: 'In shock' over election, but urges patience with Donald Trump

Charles Barkley said he was "in shock" over the results of Tuesday's election but urged Americans to give president-elect Donald Trump a chance.

Never shy to state his opinions on matters other than basketball, the NBA Hall of Famer led off the discussion on TNT's "Inside the NBA" on Thursday night about Trump's victory over Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

"I was in shock, I'm not gonna lie. I was totally surprised at the election results," Barkley said. "That being said, we've got to move on. I was disappointed because my candidate didn't win, No. 1. But like I said, it's over now. [Trump] is going to be the president of the United States. We've got to respect the office, and we have to give him a chance. That's the bottom line."

Barkley joins a list of notable sports figures who have urged taking a wait-and-see approach to a Trump presidency.

One night earlier, Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers also said he was surprised Trump won, but reaffirmed his belief in the American system, too.

"Somebody always loses an election. We've been fortunate that we've won the last couple with President Obama. We didn't win this one," Barkley said on TNT. "But like I said, I respect the office of the president of the United States, and we have to give him a chance.

"Everything he's said in the past, that's water under the bridge. We have to give him a chance, and we have to support him because he's the president of the United States of America."
  • stringer bell
    http://theundefeated.com/features/charles-barkleys-criticism-of-residents-turn-ugly-at-east-baltimore-church/
    Charles Barkley’s criticism of residents turns ugly at East Baltimore church

Appearing on TNT series ‘The Race Card,’ his comments about supporting police got people upset

With her mother’s heart, Marion Gray-Hopkins made the one-hour drive to Baltimore, hopeful that Charles Barkley would bring some insight to the issue of police brutality.

Through Facebook, Gray-Hopkins heard that Barkley would be hosting a town hall meeting Tuesday night on race, including a discussion on the relationship between police and the black community.

So she drove from her suburban Washington home to an East Baltimore church, wishing, perhaps, that the often-blunt speaking Hall of Fame NBA forward-turned television analyst might bring some badly needed light to the often incendiary topics.

“I was hoping I would hear, see, feel something different. I did not,” said Gray-Hopkins, whose 19-year-old son, Gary Hopkins Jr., died in 1999 when a Prince George’s County police officer shot him in the chest after a dance at a local firehouse.

Her hopes were dashed, as the one-hour session quickly disintegrated into anger and disbelief from the audience aimed squarely at Barkley.

“I don’t think he really came here to listen to the people,” said Gray-Hopkins, a retired banking executive who wore a button with her son’s likeness and brought posters with his picture. “He [Barkley] is in his own world. What I came here to do tonight was to validate what I thought about him. And all he did was validate me.”

Barkley and a TNT production crew came to Baltimore on Monday to film segments for The Race Card, a six-part program scheduled to air in 2017, in which Barkley is to engage communities on hot-button topics.

There are few more contentious contemporary issues in America than the relationship between police and the African-American community.

And there are few cities where the sides are more divided than Baltimore, where the April 2015 death of Freddie Gray from spinal injuries sustained while he was in police custody set off riots and looting.

Three of six officers who were charged in Gray’s death were acquitted in respective trials. Following the third acquittal in July, Baltimore City State’s Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby dropped charges against the remaining three officers, citing long odds in securing convictions against them.

Following Gray’s death, the Justice Department launched an investigation into the patterns and practices of the city’s police department. In August, the department issued a scathing 163-page report charging that Baltimore police had violated the constitutional rights of residents by using excessive force and by conducting illegal stops. The report noted that those practices had a particular effect on poor, black residents who were much more likely to be stopped and arrested unnecessarily than other Baltimoreans.

With that as a prologue to Tuesday’s meeting at Southern Baptist Church, the site of a fire during the riots, Barkley spoke of his desire to “start a dialogue” between the police and the community.

Barkley said he arrived in Baltimore on Monday. During his 48 hours in the city, he said, he met with the families of victims of police shootings, as well as doing ride-alongs with police.

Barkley said he knew that “racism exists. Always has. Always will,” but contended that American discrimination was more about economic empowerment than skin color.

“America discriminates against poor people, whether you’re white, black, Hispanic, whatever,” said Barkley. “Poor people are dealt a ? hand.”

However, it was when Barkley expressed support for police that the mood of the audience, which had been on edge, turned openly hostile.

Barkley criticized the audience, many of whom are community activists, saying he didn’t believe that any of them had expressed sympathy for the families of four police officers who were shot Sunday in separate incidents around the United States.

In one case, a San Antonio detective was killed while writing a ticket following a traffic stop.

“Did anybody say, ‘Man, I feel bad for their family’? ” asked Barkley. “There was no love [for police] in this room.”

When Diane Butler, the mother of Tyrone West, a local man who died after a 2013 struggle with police following a traffic stop, told Barkley, “I don’t know you, I don’t like you,” chiding him for empathizing with police for having to make split-second decisions. Barkley did not back down.

“I’m sorry for your loss,” said Barkley, then adding, “As far as you not liking me, it really doesn’t bother me. I’m used to it. I’m like the homecoming queen. All the ugly girls hate you. That’s part of my life. I never take anything personally.”

From there, things further deteriorated, as audience members took turns insulting Barkley for either a perceived lack of knowledge of Baltimore and its policing issues or his declarations of his philanthropy or both.

“What does your condolence mean to her?” said one audience member, gesturing toward Butler. “How simple and arrogant are you? There are so many black men that care about our community that for us to dwell on one man that just won’t get it is a waste of everybody’s time.”

Jill P. Carter, who represents a portion of the city in the Maryland House of Delegates, called Barkley’s presence “nonproductive,” and called on him to “do a little research on the history, on the community and on what’s been transpiring.”

The meeting closed with a group of activists shouting at Barkley, who was whisked off the stage by staff and security after wishing the audience a happy Thanksgiving.

Afterward, Donte’ L. Hickman Sr., who has pastored at Southern Baptist for 14 years, said he would be happy to have Barkley return, because there’s more to the story than was told Tuesday.

“I think the conversation still needs to be heard,” said Hickman. “I heard a lot of energy and intellect. What we lack is empathy. People speaking the same thing, but from different wavelengths. Charles saying one thing, they’re saying another, and they’re saying the same thing that he’s saying from a lofty perch and they’re saying it from a nest in the community.

“He [was] being a little cynical and that cynicism triggered their emotionalism and left all of the solutions and the substance as collateral damage in the balance.”
  • stringer bell
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/controversy-ensues-after-charles-barkley-visits-md-church/355709126
    Mom confronts Charles Barkley over race

BALTIMORE (WUSA9) - An NBA legend caused a controversy at a Maryland church during a discussion about race relations and police brutality in America.

Audience members say it happened during a recent taping of Charles Barkley's new show, "The Race Card," on TNT.

Prince George's County resident Marion Gray-Hopkins attended the taping earlier this week at a church in East Baltimore. Her son, Gary Hopkins Jr., was shot and killed by a Prince George's County police officer in 1999.

She said she was disappointed by how the event turned out.

"He validated that he is a number one ? ," she said.

She said Barkley downplayed the issue of police brutality and talked down to the audience when he tried to tell it to focus more on quelling black on black crime.

The issue of police brutality has been a major subject in Baltimore ever since the death of Freddie Gray in 2015.

"He started [the conversation] with, "I want you to share with me your feelings. Let's be real here,'" she said. "And, as people began to be real with him, he offended people."

The way Barkley conducted himself at the church received a lot of discussion on social media when the website, "The Undefeated", published an article about his Baltimore visit Wednesday afternoon.

Writer Milton Kent wrote that Barkley told the audience he believes racism exist, but that American discrimination is more about economic empowerment than skin color.

WUSA9 has reached out to Turner, the parent company of TNT, to see if either it or Barkley had a comment about the incident.