Who Is The Best Rapper When It Comes To Rapping

2»

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be useful...

Who has the best ass when it comes to best assess.

Who has the best deals when it comes to deals?

Also if I travel and want to hit up a soul food joint who has the best macaroni when it comes to macaroni?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the best ? when it comes to ? ?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll clownin homie but I understand what he sayin.

B.I.G. was the best as far as natural talent, The delivery, the flow, the hooks, very witty, but raw at the same time, and he was comedic, an attribute that is over looked in a great rapper. B.I.G. could ? the rawest ? , or make a track for the hoes and still be in pocket.

Lupe is a better lyricist and i'm solid in saying he's the best lyricist I've ever heard and can go bar for bar with anybody living or dead. Depends on what you're looking for though.

Both are top brass, B.I.G. can't make wordplay laden metaphor minefield like failure, or Mural, but Lupe can't even dream of transitioning from Somebody Got To Die, to Hypnotize, to kick in the door to ? you tonight and not sound like he forcin any of it. But like I said, BIG will never make adoration of the Magi if he'd live to see his career play out twice.

Nobody could switch from a suit to all black timbs like BIG.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »

B.I.G. was the best as far as natural talent, The delivery, the flow, the hooks, very witty, but raw at the same time, and he was comedic, an attribute that is over looked in a great rapper. B.I.G. could ? the rawest ? , or make a track for the hoes and still be in pocket.

Lupe is a better lyricist and i'm solid in saying he's the best lyricist I've ever heard and can go bar for bar with anybody living or dead. Depends on what you're looking for though.

Both are top brass, B.I.G. can't make wordplay laden metaphor minefield like failure, or Mural, but Lupe can't even dream of transitioning from Somebody Got To Die, to Hypnotize, to kick in the door to ? you tonight and not sound like he forcin any of it. But like I said, BIG will never make adoration of the Magi if he'd live to see his career play out twice.

Thank you. At least somebody isn't playing stupid.

Just to add on, Chuck D from Public Enemy was the lead vocalist on the 5 mic classic It Takes A Nation f Millions To Hold Us Back (and some people say Fear of a Black Planet was 5 mics). The album itself was 5 mics but I wouldn't consider Chuck the best rapper of his era. Rakim, Kane, Kool G Rap, Slick Rick, even LL cool J were better rappers per se but they might not have delivered a 5 mic classic.

Ice Cube was on fire in the early 90s but in hindsight he wasn't the greatest rapper. He just picked good topics and got his point across. Thats what 2Pac did imo.

Other rappers I can think of that are good at rapping are Black Thought, Cam'ron and GZA. Black Thought because he pretty much blacks out on every song he's ever made. I say Cam'ron because of his Rap City Basement freestyles and GZA because of his performance on Liquid Swords. Having said that, neither Black Thought, Cam nor GZA have the complete total package of a LL Cool J, Nas or a Tupac...or a Biggie who only had 2 albums.

Here's a clip of GZA explaining his lyrics to the famous astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHfdd-PQVwo
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discography aside, Big L???

I will go with L too, when it comes to just straight up raw spitting L is a top 5 for sure.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who's the best kufi smacker when it comes to kufi smacking................................

.....I'll wait lol
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Might have to put Black Thought in the convo forreal

Kills every single verse he spits, can handle any topic any style
    Never spit a wack verse

edit: I think he's slightly more versatile and eloquent than BIG
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    5 Grand wrote: »

? . Your thread title says Best Rapper When It Comes To Rapping. What did you think was gonna happen?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never spit a wack verse

I'm too lazy to get into this but Black Thought most definitely.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Biggie is the goat as far as ability Imo. It came off effortlessly
  • Lefty_

Never spit a wack verse

? hell no, can you imagine black thought tryin to do ? you tonight? lolololol hell naw. He's more eloquent, ain't too many more eloquent than black thought, but versatility? forget about it.
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never spit a wack verse

? hell no, can you imagine black thought tryin to do ? you tonight? lolololol hell naw. He's more eloquent, ain't too many more eloquent than black thought, but versatility? forget about it.

https://youtu.be/K_NvtAxmDEM
  • 5 Grand

? . Your thread title says Best Rapper When It Comes To Rapping. What did you think was gonna happen?

Well there's more to being a rapper than rapping. I thought that was obvious.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator

You mean like, rapping?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mos Def.

Subject matter range is crazy, flow is top notch, delivery is on point, can rhyme off the top etc.
  • 5 Grand

You mean like, rapping?

No like; Expensive videos, collaborations, a rapper's crew, his production, work ethic, marketability, good looks, persona, top 40 hits, I could go on.
  • 5 Grand

You mean like, rapping?

No like; Expensive videos, collaborations, a rapper's crew, his production, work ethic, marketability, good looks, persona, top 40 hits, I could go on.

In fact, when you take 2Pac's persona away from him, take away the shootings and the sexual assault charge, take away the jail time and his affiliation with Death Row, take away all of Pac's movies, Biggie could rap 10X better. And that's just when it comes to rapping.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol Lupe ain't even a top 10 lyricist, and is next level trash in 2016. Take that clear bias somewhere else.
  • Lefty_

Lol Lupe ain't even a top 10 lyricist, and is next level trash in 2016. Take that clear bias somewhere else.

Lol......bruh. How do I even rebuttle this unassailable truth that you've dropped here?