Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I get what you're saying @Lefty_ and there is some truth to it.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    It's real but the situation and timing gotta be right. I experienced once. She ended up passing. Since then I haven't even really liked anyone. With that said the saying be with someone who loves u more than u live them rings true the older u get. That person will love ur ? drawers but u won't prolly reciprocate it back.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Yeshua is love. Because even when we were yet still sinners, He died for us. Hallelujah!

Even ? 's Love is conditional.

“I love those who love me, And those who earnestly seek me do find me".

No it's not. Did He ask you to be created? No. He didn't. He created you because He unconditionally loved you to begin with. Before you ever saw the sun, ? loved you. There were no conditions to your creation.

Now if you want to be in relationship with Him, there are conditions. And the condition is to love Him back. But ? still unconditionally loves you as His creation. But are you His child? Yes, that is the question.

There is a difference Between being His creation and being His child. Amen.

I agreed at first, but then I remembered there are several examples of ? completely cutting people off and staring over.

There's only so much ? even ? will take before he says "? it, I'm starting over".
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Crude_ wrote: »
    I believe so honestly.

Most people's love is conditional contingent upon whether or not you're doing what they want you to do and following a similar line of thinking, code of morality, etc.

Most folks be ready to hit the road as soon as a S/O or spouse do something like a situation of infidelity.

Whether we want to admit it or not the human ego puts restrictions on what we are willing to deal with.

Do you really love someone if you are willing to knowingly betray their trust?

I couldn't love some one unconditionally unless that feeling was mutual.

Stuff isn't ever that black and white when dealing with something as complex as human emotions and urges.

No one is ever going to love you the same as you love them. There are to many different nuances that make people tick.

I'm not even going to lie there are some things that tick my wife off that I could careless about and vice versa. We weren't raised the same nor is our physiological the same so how we love won't be either.

Undoubtedly true.

The situation is too relative and nuanced to have an objective answer considering all people, and all factors that exist.

That's why I say there is a tangible threshold that most people can understand and identify; constituting a couple's version of "unconditional love".

If for all intents and purposes, the conditions under which you break that threshold will never be reached - than it is useless discussing semantics of said scenario

Crass Example to illustrate -
    Was the USA Dream Team Objectively a perfect basketball team?

Of course not.

-They missed field goals
    -They missed free throws
    -They were scored upon
    -They had turnovers.

TO MOST - Was the USA Dream Team the "perfect" basketball team?

Sure they were.

I can't imagine a better team ever being assembled.

That team (A couples "unconditional" Love) may have had flaws, but for all intents and purposes those flaws didn't matter.

They were basically "perfect".

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    If you built a relationship with someone, and within it there are good memories it's hard to just forget the good times, that alone will keep the love alive in your heart in any weather. But an egregious violation will diminish it greatly, but once I love somebody, it's love forever, even if events take place where I can't ? wit you anymore, especially if I have real history with you. You can't make happy times unhappy retroactively.

anbs.gif
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    blacktux wrote: »
    Once you have kids you will know the difference between unconditional and conditional love.

Could you have the same type of love for someone that wasn't your child?

Maybe.

But growing with my son im realizing my love for my wife is conditional, when i didnt before.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yea for family and all those in the extended portion of it. Sometimes you gotta let people do their own thing or give them distance because they hurt you but you still love them. If they came to you broken and only you could help them, you would. That doesnt mean you cant be wise about the truth about people, and that some of us out here just arent great people and will continually let people down and disappoint.

Conditional love is sort of ? made though, if you let me down one more time thats it, i dont love you anymore. Love isn't necessarily an action, yeah you can cut back some of things you do for someone when you are in love with them, but the actaul love isn't something you can just rescind at will. It fades away on its own.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Once you have kids you will know the difference between unconditional and conditional love.

Could you have the same type of love for someone that wasn't your child?

Maybe.

But growing with my son im realizing my love for my wife is conditional, when i didnt before.

That's makes sense but the point is the the simple fact that your son IS your son is, in fact a condition.

People are saying that it's possible for family which really means love is contingent on relation to those people.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    with a caveat...unless u meet ur soul mate...probably 1% of people do
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    It's very real...it's rare for many but for some it's a very real emotion and it's one that can affect major decisions in your life
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unconditional is some hallmark card ? for the most part... there are a number of things that one can do to destroy the sanctity of love..