If CACs Stole Native Americans Land, Why Doesn't This Theory Apply to Anybody Else?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
People, (especially-living-in-tepees- war bonnet-wearing-buffalo eating-Indians) love to point this fact out. However, this school of thought is never applied to anybody else who's conquered another people. I'm of the school of thought that land belongs to the muthafucka that can hold and secure it, but if we're going to say CACs stole land, can't we also say that,

William the Conqueror stole land from the Anglo Saxons?

Li Zicheng stole land from the Mings?

Caesar stole land from the Gauls?

Mehmed the Conqueror stole land from the Byzantines?

The English stole land from the Dutch?

Tariq ibn Ziyad stole what eventually became known as Spain?

Genghis Khan stole land from everybody?

and of course didn't Umar steal land from the Jews?

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MIGHT MAKES RIGHT

INDIANS HAVE NO MIGHT SO THEY HAVE LESS RIGHTS
  • Maximus Rex
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Not sure what your argument is here....

Actually what I said. Messicans and Indians are acting as is the racist white supremacists that came to and settled this country are the only people who conquered another group of people, settled and appropriated their land and resources. My argument is if white Europeans supposedly stole land, didn't these other groups do it also.
    Yea. So?

Off topic. Cute picture.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Not sure what your argument is here....

Messicans and Indians are acting as is the racist white supremacists that came to and settled this country are the only people who conquered another group of people, settled and appropriated their land and resources. ]

Never heard anyone say whites were the only ones that did this.

How does one act that way?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's different with Indigenous groups because there are treaties that entitle them to stuff
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I miss the wtf button
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's asking if others were "conquered" why are Natives considered "stolen" from.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's asking if others were "conquered" why are Natives considered "stolen" from.

Bc they were stolen from and continue to be discriminated against on the very soil we reside on....we don't live in Mongolia
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm so confused. YEs, that's exactly what we call it.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean, I feel like Congress saying we could take over their land back in the 1800s and Andrew Jackson doing anyway, the whole trail of tears, smallpox blankets, etc gas something to do with it besides "just conquering"
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet OP thought he was onto something with this
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I bet OP thought he was onto something with this

What?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. Because, if I'm not mistaken, those other scenarios you named were all about subjugating other PEOPLE.

OTHER SCENARIOS YOU NAMED: 'Ayo, you ? ? better bow down and accept that we run this ? now. Or...we going to war and you KNOW you don't want those problems! Let's just save everybody some time and effort.

WHITE POEPLE vs. NATIVE AMERICANS: 'Hey guys! We just came to explore and ? . Let's be friends! Oh, you like these shiny trinkets and ? ? Teach us how to grow crops in sandy soil, survive the harsh winter and every other valuable life lesson about thriving in this hemisphere and you can have them ? !'

*...then after they get everything they need*

'Oh, y'all look cold. And since we've decimated the bison population, which you have historically used to make garments and blankets to keep yourselves warm, here are some blankets!'

*...then after they realize the disease-laden blankets aren't killing them ? fast enough*

'Eh, ? this ? . You ? gotta die. We need this land, son.'

And then...400 years later...when they don't want a pipeline ruining the last bit of cultural land they have so they protest...white people lock THEM up for trespassing.

Ironic, right?
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A better question is if Cacs stole native American land, then why the ? is their reparation money coming out of my check and my ancestors ain't have ? to do with it and even worse my people don't receive a damn thing.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, for one, whites didn't just declare war on the Natives and take their land. They feigned peace, engaged in biological warfare, the decimated the Native population on a false narrative that the Natives were the aggressors. The primary difference between the way America did things and other conquerors is that they never called themselves conquerors. They painted themselves as being righteous. On top of that, none of the conquerors mentioned in the OP damn near destroyed the people the conquered.