Dolphins rb Jay Ajayi, is he legit?

Options
prime_time_willy
prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in From the Cheap Seats
The man has rushed for back to back 200 yards and was the 4th rb to ever do it in NFL history...I've only seen highlights of the man but he's be killing it lately.

How good is this dude? And I guess its a wrap on ? Foster in Miami eh? Lol

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    It's def a wrap for ? Foster. But Ajayi looks like the real deal at the moment. Dude runs tough.

Last week I was doubtful cause he was busting off runs and not being touched until 10-15 yards out. That's usually a mechanism of something VERY wrong with the defense as opposed to an unstoppable offense. And today's game was very weird... but I'll give him his props. But he's no Top 5 RB.

I'm interested in seeing what he'll do in the next few weeks. Miami now sees him as the answer tho so should do well for himself going forward based mostly on the sheer huge volume he'll get.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who knows but i do remember two Colts back in the day had huge games for a couple of weeks.. and they never really stuck. Let him put some more time in.
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    It's def a wrap for ? Foster. But Ajayi looks like the real deal at the moment. Dude runs tough.

Last week I was doubtful cause he was busting off runs and not being touched until 10-15 yards out. That's usually a mechanism of something VERY wrong with the defense as opposed to an unstoppable offense. And today's game was very weird... but I'll give him his props. But he's no Top 5 RB.

I'm interested in seeing what he'll do in the next few weeks. Miami now sees him as the answer tho so should do well for himself going forward based mostly on the sheer huge volume he'll get.

He had people's curiosity, but now he's got people's attention.

I don't think he's a top notch rb off two games but I'm like deion when he asked him "where did you come from?"

I mean back to back 200 yard games, wtf. Was this ? nice at Boise state?? Lol
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    Who knows but i do remember two Colts back in the day had huge games for a couple of weeks.. and they never really stuck. Let him put some more time in.

Agreed. If he proves to be a good caliber starting rb that will help a lot, because Ryan Tannehill is stealing money out of Miami.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were shittin on him all preseason and now he's putting up OJ Simpson numbers
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's an average back and he doesn't need a thread about him
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You just described E. Elliot with the Dallas oline.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many people said he would never run for another 200 yard game in his career and he goes out and does it the following week lolololol that's delicious.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Actually helps that our o-line is healthy. 1 sack for Tannehill in last 2 games
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I hate Dallas and I don't even agree with that.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I hate Dallas and I don't even agree with that.

I'm speaking more on it's the oline making defense look bad than a defense not being good.

2014 Dallas had the league leading rusher.
    2015 Dallas had the 3rd leading rusher (started only 11 games)
    2016 Dallas has the league leading rusher

The same oline
    3 different RBs.
  • prime_time_willy
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, I'm a Dolphins fan and don't think this deserves a thread lol.

This
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Scouts loved him and called him a Beast Mode clone he was high on the draft board for many teams last yr & got an injury...yea I think he's legit but may not have longevity
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He had people's curiosity, but now he's got people's attention.

I don't think he's a top notch rb off two games but I'm like deion when he asked him "where did you come from?"

I mean back to back 200 yard games, wtf. Was this ? nice at Boise state?? Lol

Yeah, he was nice at Boise State. I remember hearing his name everytime a Boise State game was on. He rushed for 1,823 yards and 28 TD's his junior year and then entered the draft. Don't know how long he'll really last though because Boise State made him earn that scholarship and rode him for everything he was worth while he was there.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Nomad1 wrote: »
    Scouts loved him and called him a Beast Mode clone he was high on the draft board for many teams last yr & got an injury...yea I think he's legit but may not have longevity

Its not that he had an injury that year. It was rumored because of injuries before that season one of his knees was damn near bone on bone. That scared teams off because they didn't know how long he could possibly play so he fell down the draft board.
  • Nomad1
    Nomad1 Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the clarity D
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    That boy still eating. 24 carries, 111 yards, and TD against the jets rushing defense that was #1 in rushing defense.

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got this ? on my fantasy squad
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    As long as the o-line stay healthy Ajayi should get good numbers