Crazy Glenn Beck claims 'Obama Made Me A Better Man' + Calls Himself a Black Lives Matter Supporter.

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/glenn-beck-obama-made-me-better-man
It seems Glenn Beck likes to catch everyone off guard every once in a while with a compassionate revelation or opposition to the conservative mainstream.

The pundit has been outspoken about his dislike for Donald Trump, has criticized Republicans for refusing to consider President Obama's Supreme Court nominee, and he has even urged "empathy" for the Black Lives Matter movement.

And now, Beck — who once said that Obama has a "a deep-seated hatred for white people" — says that the President has made him a better person.

"I did a lot of freaking out about Barack Obama," the conservative pundit told the New Yorker in a recent interview. “Obama made me a better man.”

Beck said that he regrets calling Obama a racist and recognizes that it's hard to relate to the experiences of African Americans.

“There are things unique to the African-American experience that I cannot relate to,” he told the New Yorker. “I had to listen to them.”

Beck praised Michelle Obama's campaign speeches warning of the dangers of Donald Trump, specifically the first lady's speech in New Hampshire blasting Trump over his ? comments on a now-notorious 2005 tape.

“She didn’t say, ‘The government should do X, Y, or Z.’ She said, ‘We,’ ‘Us’—without a political party. ‘We are better.’ ‘We need to stop this,’ ” he told the New Yorker. “It had to do with ‘Who are you as a human being?’ ‘How do you view women?’ Brilliant speech."

“That was a moment that transcended all political thought," he added.

The conservative, who has rejected Trump as the Republican nominee, also explained why he can't support Trump. He told the New Yorker that Trump once called him into a guest room at his Mar-A-Lago resort and then telephoned him.

“We had this weird, almost Howard Hughes-like conversation,” Beck told the New Yorker.

He said the conversation left him thinking Trump is crazy.

“This guy is dangerously unhinged,” Beck told the New Yorker. “And, for all the things people have said about me over the years, I should be able to spot Dangerously Unhinged.”

Glenn must be off his meds again...

Comments

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Glenn Beck. He helped to create Donald Trump foh.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what his issue is.

I saw a YouTube video a few weeks ago where he was going hard against Trump and he actually looked sincere. It's weird.
  • kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/glenn-beck-obama-made-me-better-man
    It seems Glenn Beck likes to catch everyone off guard every once in a while with a compassionate revelation or opposition to the conservative mainstream.

The pundit has been outspoken about his dislike for Donald Trump, has criticized Republicans for refusing to consider President Obama's Supreme Court nominee, and he has even urged "empathy" for the Black Lives Matter movement.

And now, Beck — who once said that Obama has a "a deep-seated hatred for white people" — says that the President has made him a better person.

"I did a lot of freaking out about Barack Obama," the conservative pundit told the New Yorker in a recent interview. “Obama made me a better man.”

Beck said that he regrets calling Obama a racist and recognizes that it's hard to relate to the experiences of African Americans.

“There are things unique to the African-American experience that I cannot relate to,” he told the New Yorker. “I had to listen to them.”

Beck praised Michelle Obama's campaign speeches warning of the dangers of Donald Trump, specifically the first lady's speech in New Hampshire blasting Trump over his ? comments on a now-notorious 2005 tape.

“She didn’t say, ‘The government should do X, Y, or Z.’ She said, ‘We,’ ‘Us’—without a political party. ‘We are better.’ ‘We need to stop this,’ ” he told the New Yorker. “It had to do with ‘Who are you as a human being?’ ‘How do you view women?’ Brilliant speech."

“That was a moment that transcended all political thought," he added.

The conservative, who has rejected Trump as the Republican nominee, also explained why he can't support Trump. He told the New Yorker that Trump once called him into a guest room at his Mar-A-Lago resort and then telephoned him.

“We had this weird, almost Howard Hughes-like conversation,” Beck told the New Yorker.

He said the conversation left him thinking Trump is crazy.

“This guy is dangerously unhinged,” Beck told the New Yorker. “And, for all the things people have said about me over the years, I should be able to spot Dangerously Unhinged.”

Glenn must be off his meds again...

Sounds more like he's got on some meds.

It's funny, looking at the history of Glenn Beck Trump seems like his ideal candidate but it took Trump becoming a reality for Beck to change his tune
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I posted a video of him a while back, giving his audience a black history lesson and declaring that he was tired of people acting like only whites are responsible for this country while writing off the accomplishments of others.

The problem was even saying all that, he was trying to make a veiled point that blacks now should stop complaining and actually do something like the blacks before. The moral is take anything seemingly good from that guy with a grain of salt.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This year has been crazy
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw a YouTube video a few weeks ago where he was going hard against Trump and he actually looked sincere. It's weird.

He's an opportunist and charlatan looking for another show on another network. I could tell he didn't believe half the ? he was talkin back in 08. He went where the $$ and ratings allowed him to
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad when the thought of Trump being president has Glenn Beck having a "Come to Jesus" moment. But you know what...
    skpjr78 wrote: »

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's not like I have been telling people Donald Trump isn't a Conservative
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It's bad when the thought of Trump being president has Glenn Beck having a "Come to Jesus" moment. But you know what...
    skpjr78 wrote: »

He was on TV basically doing a Steven Colbert impression except his audience wasn't in on the joke

At least Sean Hannity is a legit buffoon and borderline racist

This guy actually knows better and he played to that subset of ultra conservative morons anyway which is worse
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding out who Darth Ailes is and that you've been doing his bidding for years should give anyone with a soul at faux news a wakeup call.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how these right wing guys have created an environment with their exaggerations and vitriol hatred of President Obama that a sociopath can come to their party and thrive in it.

Some of them see it while others still throw their thinly veiled support behind a man with obvious sociopathic tendencies simply for the sake of political agenda.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? that fat ? .. dont believe the hype..
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2016

He might be sincere in his disdain for Donald, however its self serving.. Donald is eating up the party he was the last ingredient in the weaponizing of the racist underbelly of middle america... just 10 years ago it was the dog whistle.. now the dogs are out.... This is self serving..? .. hes not against the ideals he was spouting he is against Donald
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

He might be sincere in his disdain for Donald, however its self serving.. Donald is eating up the party he was the last ingredient in the weaponizing of the racist underbelly of middle america... just 10 years ago it was the dog whistle.. now the dogs are out.... This is self serving..? .. hes not against the ideals he was spouting he is against Donald

I've always thought this old Donald is just more overt and less tactful than what they like.

Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are just as bad or worse than Trump they are just more tactful in how they present their rhetoric.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They created a monster and that monster has turned thier own supporters against them by being openly hateful
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    They created a monster and that monster has turned thier own supporters against them by being openly hateful

Exactly.

He's saying what feel out loud. It's no longer behind closed doors.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's partly responsible for the tea party, and so shares some blame for the rise of Trump, but i believe his ongoing transformation is genuine.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you, ?
  • playmaker88
    He's partly responsible for the tea party, and so shares some blame for the rise of Trump, but i believe his ongoing transformation is genuine.

He can still goto hell ? him.. he doenst have enough time on earth to redeem himself.. i remember him from Cnn/hln to Fox