First Look At Woody Allen's New Amazon TV Series "Crisis In Six Scenes"

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-2.png

Following up this summer’s Cafe Society and before he embarks on next year’s Kate Winslet-led feature, Woody Allen has directed his first-ever television show for Amazon Studios. Titled 'Crisis in Six Scenes', the series is made up of six episodes, each running half-an-hour, and after a first teaser clip, today brings new details and images.

Described as “a comedy that takes place in the 1960’s during turbulent times in the United States,” we follow a “middle class suburban family who is visited by a guest who turns their household completely upside down.” Starring Allen himself, alongside Miley Cyrus, Elaine May, John Magaro, Rachel Brosnahan, Becky Ann Baker, Michael Rapaport, Margaret Ladd, Joy Behar, Rebecca Schull, David Harbour, and Christine Ebersole, the images reveal much of our cast.

Check them out below, along with more details from EW for what is a self-contained series:
Crisis focuses on a traditional suburban New York couple (Allen and Elaine May), their friend-of-the-family houseguest (John Magaro) and his fiancée (Rachel Brosnahan) who have their conservative beliefs challenged by a young hippie (Miley Cyrus) who’s caught up in the ’60s movement and inspired by radical communist leaders. It’s basically the story of people with very different backgrounds and ideas crossing paths and how someone can come in and make you question everything you’re doing.

Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-7.png
Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-3.png
Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-4.png
Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-5.png
Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-6.png
Crisis-in-Six-Scenes-1.jpg

Comments

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed. This would be intriguing if Woody Allen wasn't involved. ? that ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was series by Woody Harrelson(sp)???
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I "Get" The Praise He Receives But He Doesn't Nothing For Me..Not A Fan Of Annie Hall Or Manhattan Either
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    I "Get" The Praise He Receives But He Doesn't Nothing For Me..Not A Fan Of Annie Hall Or Manhattan Either

I dont get the praise.

Overrated as ?

And Blue Jasmine is one of the most boring movies i ever saw. People gassed that ? up something crazy
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? this Millhouse Van Houten looking Chomo.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these hipster edge lords wanna say he's cool cause he married his adopted daughter wtf man why do people take this man serious?
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    What turbulent time in the 60s is he referring to, cuz I don't see a single poc in this pics. Whites had it hard then how exactly? Oh okay.

This mf is ? who groomed a child he raised to be his lover. He is a predator of the highest order and I can't believe these stars continue to not only work with him, but defend him. It's sickening

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    nawledge_? wrote: »

I dont get the praise.

Overrated as ?

And Blue Jasmine is one of the most boring movies i ever saw. People gassed that ? up something crazy

Exactly nothing I have seen involving Woody Allen has been any good to me.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    What turbulent time in the 60s is he referring to, cuz I don't see a single poc in this pics. Whites had it hard then how exactly? Oh okay.

This mf is ? who groomed a child he raised to be his lover. He is a predator of the highest order and I can't believe these stars continue to not only work with him, but defend him. It's sickening

I get what you're saying, but uhh... Vietnam was kind of a ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah I gotta agree. Ever since that situation, I haven't checked out any of his films.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I ain't never seen a woody allen movie
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Amazon TV like Bizarro-Netflix because I haven't seen anything they puttin out I'm interested in seeing...

Oh yeah, and...

"Woody Allen MOLESTED AND MARRIED HIS STEP DAUGHTER!"
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had to check out his work after i saw an interview with Shawn & Marlon Wayans. They said Keenan made them watch all Woodys films to learn about making comedy films. And they both were saying how great he is.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You rarely see any POC in main or supporting roles in his movies especially with movies with NYC as a backdrop.....Paul Mooney had used that as part of his routine awhile ago, that ? funny as hell and serious at the same time
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

I get what you're saying, but uhh... Vietnam was kind of a ? .

Lol, I did forget about that for a sec. but do any of those mfs in the stills look like they've come back from war?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

I had to check out his work after i saw an interview with Shawn & Marlon Wayans. They said Keenan made them watch all Woodys films to learn about making comedy films. And they both were saying how great he is.

I heard that. Chris Rock loves of his stuff too and borrowed from annie hall on top 5. But since I learned about allen being a ? I chose not to even get familiar with his work. I'm the same way with roman polanski.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never seen any of his work..but I just found out Lena Dunham hates him. I might start for that reason alone....
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jus finished this. It's funny imo.

Solid watch if ur into Woody Allen's kinda comedy.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Annie Hall is a classic. So is Crimes and Misdemeanors. Bullets over Broadway completes the trifecta. That's all he really has.