The Shield's break out star

2»

Comments

• s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The three competed in a 3-way match against each other in FCW and Reigns won.....
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the consensus here is that these ? are an official stable....and if they get a decent push will do well to carry the company......

they're just all around entertaining....
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    I'm deleting the first part of my post.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    KillaCham wrote: »
    As for the near future, Dean Ambrose def. You can already see it. He has way more character than the other two and it seems like WWE trusts him on the mic the most as well.

But Reigns potentially has the IT factor. IF...IF he's properly handled I can see him going far.

I'm not seeing it for Rollins, at least not right now. I see Rollins having more success as a face than a heel IMO.
    If Dean was a heel, if Reigns was handled properly, and if Rollins wasn't that annoying ass heel, this would be on point tho.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Reigns first.

Rollins second.

Ambrose third.

Ambrose has this quirky image, his mic work is good but the way he talks is mysterious. I'm not sure he can catch on.

Damm
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many superman punches, talking and generic moves killed Romans character. Everyone expected him to improve like the rest of his family but he's still been stuck in generic mode. Rollins is most improved.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Too many superman punches, talking and generic moves killed Romans character. Everyone expected him to improve like the rest of his family but he's still been stuck in generic mode. Rollins is most improved.

IMO the only thing Reigns is lacking is a character. He's one of the company's top 10 workers, they finally seem to have balanced his mic time(less talk more action) which was evident in that interview segment a couple Raws ago.

They are just moving at a ? snails pace when it comes to his character. Reboot him. This "shades of the shield" ? he doing now is dead. Have Rusev crush him at the clash. Say he suffered a back injury from the brutal accolade he passed out from. Have him come back as a heel

Or just have him flip on everybody when wins or turn him like they did his cousins. Have him injure Rusev after he loses. Then let him win it in the tourney they have cause Rusev had to forfeit the belt.

Its frustrating af cause Roman is right on the cusp of being a HHH level heel and creative won't ? pull the trigger
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That won't work cause he simply doesn't have the in ring talent. He's another Cena, performance wise. The USO's have always been talented. I called this back when everyone was booing them. They could carry a face and heel tactic without seeming forced. Guys like Roman, Cena seem forced and the crowd sees through that. The 80's cut read from the bulletin board era is over. Raw is War killed it with the Rock and Austin being naturals. You can't go back, you can only go forward which is why guys like Zayn and Ziggler make forced talent look like trash.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    That won't work cause he simply doesn't have the in ring talent. He's another Cena, performance wise. The USO's have always been talented. I called this back when everyone was booing them. They could carry a face and heel tactic without seeming forced. Guys like Roman, Cena seem forced and the crowd sees through that. The 80's cut read from the bulletin board era is over. Raw is War killed it with the Rock and Austin being naturals. You can't go back, you can only go forward which is why guys like Zayn and Ziggler make forced talent look like trash.

I know people have different criteria and preference for in ring work...but to say Roman has no in ring talent is false bro. Dude is legit one of the best workers in the company. His selling, storytelling is close to elite level. He found his niche with his power and brawling style.

Now....MIC WORK...I'll give you that he just ain't a natural...but Rock and Austin are ALL TIME greats on that stick...and to keep it funky so is Cena.

But again it seems like creative is now starting to cater the the fact that Reigns is avg at best on the mic so he doesn't talk as nearly as much as he did. He mostly says a couple sentences then punches ? in the mouth...as it should be.

Only thing he lacking is a character we care about bro and IMO a heel Roman will accomplish that
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome thread forreal
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Roman is good in ring, thats been proven for over 2 years, idk y folks even say that bs anymore, he's build a catalog of matches just based on the drama involved, character inconsistency is the problem
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    The Usos can't get through a promo with out stumbling over words, this heel turn has already been good for them tho
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Reigns first.

Rollins second.

Ambrose third.

Ambrose has this quirky image, his mic work is good but the way he talks is mysterious. I'm not sure he can catch on.

Damm

Ml1LhXG.gif
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Dean Ambrose faces taker on Smackdown tonight.. 1 on 1!

lmao @ me only being excited to see Ambrose vs the Undertaker

man.. what the ? was I on 3 years ago..

Well actually in my own defense that was a pretty good match, didnt they triple powerbomb taker through a table leading to him taking another long hiatus?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of right now, Seth is The Shield's breakout star he has the in-ring talent and I think he works very well as both a heel & face. Roman has in-ring talent but he severely lacks character in the ring and his mic skills aren't great but neither is Ambrose or Rollins are mic wizards. Ambrose character has grown stale and he's a poor man's PG version of SCSA and to make matter's worse he's had the worst title run this past summer out of all 3 Shield members. So I could see why he was probably the last to get a main event push. He could use a heel turn sometime next year on Smackdown.