Black Students At Penn Targeted With Barrage Of Lynching Threats...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/group-me-racist-attack-university-of-pennsylvania
A number of black freshman and other people affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania were added to GroupMe chat rooms in which anonymous posters published racist messages and graphic images.

The group, called “Mud Men” by its creator, included an event titled “Daily lynching,” racial slurs and images of lynchings, according to Philadelphia Magazine. A statement from the university said the group appeared to be based in Oklahoma.

Another seemingly related chat room to which a number of black students were added, according to the student-run Daily Pennsylvanian, was called “Trump is love” and included images of lynchings, racist messages and a picture of a red hat which read "GRAB THEM BY THE P***Y."

Students at the university gathered in the vice provost of university life's office to discuss the attack and voice concerns about a surge in hate speech over the past week, according to the same report.

“I spent my morning running to the Vice Provost office of my university in the middle of class because my freshmen brothers and sisters got added to a group called ‘? Lynching,’” wrote law student Calvary Rogers on Facebook, according to Metro Philly. “Literally, every single black freshmen was added. I stared an administrator in the eye and literally lost it. And quite honestly I just can't stop crying. I feel sick to my stomach. I don't feel safe.”

In a post on its Twitter account, the university acknowledged the cyberattack and said its security teams were working on cutting off the messages.

A statement on its website said called the contents of the GroupMe chat “absolutely vile material and completely offensive to everyone on our campus.”

“We are both angry and saddened that it was directed to our students or to anyone. The people responsible for this are reprehensible,” the statement continued. “We have increased campus safety and are reaching out to support the affected students in every way we can, and want them to know that the entire Penn community stands with them.”

Professors, administrators, and students across the university condemned the attack, as did the Mayor of Philadelphia, who called the messages “heartbreaking” and urged the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations to investigate what he called “disgusting behavior,” according to CBS Philly.

acb42df2a6b150b2d09025f459d14f45.gif

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm starting to think that there is possession of a certain temperament that seems to be coincidentally owned by almost all black academics making the news....and these ? need to tighten up...cause it's beyond ? or scared now.....
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to trumps presidency. Enjoy the ride...
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But according to white people, trump has nothing to do with any hate crimes that involve his name...oh and what about the "hillary" protesters tho?
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are trolling
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    This was my fear about trump and why I didn't want him to win. His crazy ass supporters that will be running around unchecked.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Black students are going to get enough of trying to ? with these PWIs. As I said in other threads of this nature.

mcaa_logo-man03-mar_white_bg.png

n6qQhnr3.jpeg

Atl_Clark_Atlanta_Univ_entr.jpg

Howard%20Logo.jpg

Learn about it. Also, stop adding on to legacy of other people's ? and start building your own. If Obama had any nuts, (which he doesn't) but if he wanted to start to redeem himself in the eyes of the people that he claims allegiance to then he would encourage Malia and Sasha to go to a HBCU.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was my fear about trump and why I didn't want him to win. His crazy ass supporters that will be running around unchecked.

watch about ? will be hemmed up in hate crimes bet money...

never be the aggressor like i said before... remember these words

"I feared for my life" dont all anybody ? or anything of the sort duringsaid defense...

wait for it...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    “Literally, every single black freshmen was added. I stared an administrator in the eye and literally lost it. And quite honestly I just can't stop crying. I feel sick to my stomach. I don't feel safe.”

I wish black people would stop wearing their fear on their sleeves.

Blacks need to wake up to the fact that people that wish to torment/terrorize you LIVE to feed off that energy.

You can only fault people but so much, especially 17/18 year olds, for reacting emotionally to something. Humans have emotions and no matter how hard you try you can't ignore them.
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its crazy cause there's black people like myself who wish a cracka would step wrong on some racist ? so we can fck them up.
    Yet its always these scary run and hide or cry ass ? that get targeted smh.
    I honestly hope, i WISH some skin head kkk trump loving ? tries me. Imma beat him with the strength of 10 of my ancestors. Imma make Malcolm X proud af

o my brotha testify
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

His crazy ass supporters should be shot if they're ? with people.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea my GF went to dental school at Penn. She told me about this BS..
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2016
    Options

Its crazy cause there's black people like myself who wish a cracka would step wrong on some racist ? so we can fck them up.
    Yet its always these scary run and hide or cry ass ? that get targeted smh.
    I honestly hope, i WISH some skin head kkk trump loving ? tries me. Imma beat him with the strength of 10 of my ancestors. Imma make Malcolm X proud af

Part of agrees...my neighborhood is ex cops, lotta retired white folks...there's only 2 other black families on my block and no one has tried me. Don't know if it's cuz they don't care that we black/they aint petty like that or they just know we ain't bout them games or what...but we ready over here.

But the other part of me knows trump and his inevitable cabinet is pro law enforcement. So if black ppl go around beating down every white person on that ? , there's a strong chance we won't see the benefit of the doubt on the defense end. Your ass going to jail or anything done back to you will be legally ignored. Iono bruh...
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

watch about ? will be hemmed up in hate crimes bet money...

never be the aggressor like i said before... remember these words

"I feared for my life" dont all anybody ? or anything of the sort duringsaid defense...

wait for it...

Yeah, all these ppl that been ? on MLK Jr for the past 2 years bout to get an object lesson on the strategy behind his approach. Any riot or black-on-white hate crime will be a political blessing to Trump and invite Attorney General Giuliani's ? hand. Obama made ? think it was sweet.
    “Literally, every single black freshmen was added. I stared an administrator in the eye and literally lost it. And quite honestly I just can't stop crying. I feel sick to my stomach. I don't feel safe.”

I wish black people would stop wearing their fear on their sleeves.

Blacks need to wake up to the fact that people that wish to torment/terrorize you LIVE to feed off that energy.

Agreed. Man the ? up and don't give these saltine ? the satisfaction. The entire point of trolling and talking ? on the internet is to provoke an emotional reaction. 16 years on the IC taught me that lol.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I live in GA, I'm bound to have a run in with one of these racist trump cacs
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/racist-incidents-and-attacks-surge-at-us-universities
    Racist Incidents And Attacks Surge at US Universities

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A student at the University of Oklahoma was temporarily suspended and police are investigating a threat against a Muslim student near the University of Michigan amid racially charged outbursts at schools and universities across the country following Donald Trump's presidential election.

The Associated Press and other local media outlets identified several reports of racist incidents at schools since Tuesday, including a group chat that the Oklahoma student got involved with aimed at black freshmen at the University of Pennsylvania, Trump's alma mater.

The chat contained "violent, racist and thoroughly disgusting images and messages," and Penn is "appalled" its students were added to the GroupMe account," UPenn President Amy Gutmann said. Gutmann said UPenn police have been working with the FBI. She earlier said officials had increased campus safety and were "reaching out to support the affected students."

University of Oklahoma President David Boren in a statement said the student has been temporarily suspended as the school investigates further.

"It would appear this matter did not originate at the University of Oklahoma, but started elsewhere," Boren said in a statement.

In Ann Arbor, Michigan, police are looking into a report of a man who threatened to set a Muslim student on fire with a lighter if she didn't remove her hijab on Friday. The incident apparently happened near the University of Michigan campus, according to Ann Arbor police Sgt. Patrick Maguire. He added that the department is "investigating it actively ... and soliciting information from anyone who may have witnessed anything."

A crime alert issued by the university said the woman took off her hijab and left the area. Witnesses told police the man was white with an "unkempt appearance" and "intoxicated with slurred speech."

The Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations called Saturday for the incident to be investigated as a hate crime, saying the "alleged attack is just the latest anti-Muslim incident reported since the election of Donald Trump as president."

"Our nation's leaders, and particularly President-elect Donald Trump, need to speak out forcefully against the wave of anti-Muslim incidents sweeping the country after Tuesday's election," said Dawud Walid, executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

A racial backlash also unfolded after the election of Barack Obama, America's first black president, in 2008. At the time, police documented alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts were delivered by adults, college students and even children.

Anti-Trump protests have taken place since the election in cities including Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland, Oregon, and New York.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Our nation's leaders, and particularly President-elect Donald Trump, need to speak out forcefully against the wave of anti-Muslim incidents sweeping the country after Tuesday's election," said Dawud Walid, executive director of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

That's like saying Lebron James needs to speak out against basketball... fat kids need to speak out against cake
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't cry. Those tears give them power.

Personally, I'd join that group and troll the absolute ? out them, playing clips of "Black Ceaser", "Foxy Brown", "Django", and every other blaxploitation movie I know, where the main (and minor) characters are shown killing racists and slave masters.

Then, I'd grab a sword and DARE any preppie ? racist who want that beef to being that ? to my dorm room door.

Crying....? that. This ain't 1954.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

That's like saying Lebron James needs to speak out against basketball... fat kids need to speak out against cake

Muslims have brought this upon themselves. Just like Trump supporters and the G.O.P. are deemed racists and white supremacists because they don't condemn or distance themselves from racism ans white supremacy, the same is true of Muslims because they've NEVER as a community distanced themselves from let alone condemned acts of terrorism perpetrated against the U.S. so those muthafuckas are suspect. Them there's the entire issue in regards to how they feel about us.