Adolf Trump's Transition Team Confirms Pick of Racist Senator Jeff Sessions for AG Nomination...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-transition-confirms-flynn-sessions-pompeo
Donald Trump's transition team released a statement Friday confirming that the President-elect nominated Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as national security advisor, Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS) as director of the CIA, and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) as attorney general.

Read the statement below:

(New York, NY) – President-elect Donald J. Trump today announced that he intends to nominate U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions to serve as Attorney General and U.S. Rep. Mike Pompeo as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has been selected to be the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs.

U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions has dedicated his life to public service. He has a distinguished legal career and has served as both the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama and Alabama Attorney General prior to his service in the U.S. Senate. He has been one of President-elect Trump’s trusted advisors on the campaign and will now continue his service as our nation’s chief law enforcement officer.

“It is an honor to nominate U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions to serve as Attorney General of the United States,” said President-elect Trump. “Jeff has been a highly respected member of the U.S. Senate for 20 years. He is a world-class legal mind and considered a truly great Attorney General and U.S. Attorney in the state of Alabama. Jeff is greatly admired by legal scholars and virtually everyone who knows him.”

"I am humbled to have been asked by President-elect Trump to serve as Attorney General of the United States,” said U.S. Senator Sessions. “My previous 15 years working in the Department of Justice were extraordinarily fulfilling. I love the Department, its people and its mission. I can think of no greater honor than to lead them. With the support of my Senate colleagues, I will give all my strength to advance the Department's highest ideals. I enthusiastically embrace President-elect Trump's vision for ?one America,’ and his commitment to equal justice under law. I look forward to fulfilling my duties with an unwavering dedication to fairness and impartiality."

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We going to Africa or Nah?
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we got ? tripping on a brother for checking a white man for calling his business team a posse.

What should we call Trump's posse, I mean team?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inauguration Day shall not go without incident..

millions to protest

2 million 'bikers for trump' to "protect" him

expect the KKK, as well

all hell is going to break loose
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Inauguration Day shall not go without incident..

millions to protest

2 million 'bikers for trump' to "protect" him

expect the KKK, as well

all hell is going to break loose

That's an understatement!
  • stringer bell
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-transition-defends-mike-flynn-jeff-sessions
    Donald Trump's transition team pushed back on concerns about the President-elect's newly-appointed national security advisor and attorney general nominee in a conference call with reporters on Friday morning.

Transition team spokesman Jason Miller and Sean Spicer, communications director for the Republican National Committee, dismissed questions about retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL), who have histories of making, respectively, anti-Muslim and racist comments.

Miller praised Sessions as "someone who's universally respected across party lines in the U.S. Senate."

He listed examples from Sessions' tenure as U.S. Attorney for the southern district of Alabama and his work at the Justice Department.

"When Senator Sessions was U.S. Attorney he filed a number of desegregation lawsuits in Alabama. He also voted in favor of the thirty-year extension of the Civil Rights Act," Miller said. "He also voted to confirm Attorney General Eric Holder, and even spearheaded the effort toward awarding the Congressional Gold Medal to Rosa Parks, so we feel very confident that Senator Sessions has the background and the support to receive confirmation, even going back to the points that you brought up about years ago."

He also cited a comment from the late Sen. Arlen Specter (D-PA) calling Sessions "egalitarian."

A Republican-controlled Senate rejected Sessions' nomination to a federal judgeship in 1986 after several U.S. attorneys testified that was hostile to civil rights cases, made racist comments and joked about the Ku Klux ? being "OK." A black lawyer testified that Sessions called him "boy" and warned him to "be careful what you say to white folks."
  • stringer bell
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/naacp-criticizes-jeff-sessions-attorney-general
    NAACP Condemns Trump's Choice Of Jeff Sessions For Attorney General

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People condemned President-elect Donald Trump’s planned nomination of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) as attorney general.

“Sen. Sessions as AG is deeply troubling, and supports an old, ugly history where Civil Rights were not regarded as core American values,” the group tweeted Friday morning, not long after the Trump transition team confirmed the Sessions selection.

Sessions was nominated for a federal judgeship in 1986 but was not confirmed after attention turned to racist comments Sessions allegedly made and a poor record on civil rights as a U.S. attorney in Alabama. He also reportedly called the NAACP “communist-inspired” and “un-American,” according to the Associated Press.

"Mr. Sessions is a throwback to a shameful era, which I know both black and white Americans thought was in our past," Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-MA) said at the time. "It is inconceivable to me that a person of this attitude is qualified to be a U.S. attorney, let alone a U.S. federal judge."

During the 1986 hearing, former assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas Figures said Sessions had called him “boy” and told him to be careful about what he said around “white folks.”

Figures also said that Sessions said he thought the Ku Klux ? was “OK, until he learned that they smoked marijuana."

Sessions called his comment about the ? “a silly comment, I guess you might say, that I made.”
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »

Why does it have to be "we"? How about you take the trip, set up shop and let people know when they can join you?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care because they wear the hoods themselves.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olorun22 wrote: »

With the way people ya'll are acting, we won't have a say in the matter.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are all you ? that were screaming Obama is the president of all america for the last eight years? Trump is pushing a white agenda with zero ? given but Obama couldn't push a black one? Y'all are getting your ? wake up call, it seems like only black people push this we all in this together ? .

So don't cry now you had eight years to get him to pass bills that would benefit black people but as usual you went right to the back of the bus and let "all of America" (which apparently doesn't include black people) get the good seats
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Where are all you ? that were screaming Obama is the president of all america for the last eight years? Trump is pushing a white agenda with zero ? given but Obama couldn't push a black one? Y'all are getting your ? wake up call, it seems like only black people push this we all in this together ? .

So don't cry now you had eight years to get him to pass bills that would benefit black people but as usual you went right to the back of the bus and let "all of America" (which apparently doesn't include black people) get the good seats

So you disagree with black people that say Trump getting elected is ""the best thing that could happened" for the black community??
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a.mann wrote: »
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

So you disagree with black people that say Trump getting elected is ""the best thing that could happened" for the black community??

No presidential candidate has ever been good for black people but since trump is incapable of hiding his racism a lot of black people are finally starting to see this country for what it really is instead of being fooled by Hillary with her undercover racism into believing that we are actually apart of something
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *looks around the thread*

Aye @DoUwant2go2Heaven what do you think about all of this?
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White nationalists and white supremacists are getting what they wanted.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Amerikkka is getting what she deserves. And yet us negroes are still doing what we do best infighting and blaming. We did our part it was a smaller part than last time but we did our part. The reason Trump and his goons are in office is because the others that did or did not vote. Stop blaming our people