No Limit or Young Money

jgblack
jgblack Members Posts: 263
edited July 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Do you think Young Money will fall off as hard as No Limit did? Obviously NL had the best talent, but P didnt do so many side ventures and put so many people I think they could have went longer...Now Wayne is running YM with pretty much himself, Drake, and Nikki generating money, so is that enough for them to stay around longer than NL did?

also another question, when its all said and done for YM, who do you think would have had the better run..YM or NL??
I will have to say No Limit

Comments

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Yup...probably harder, only ? si see surviving is Drake and nicki obviously and maybe tyga as he's some how managed to survived that awful "Lime in the coconut" jawn and still have a nice niche...wayne will probably move on like em, jay did when g-unit/shady and the roc fell...just keep the ones that stay makin money like dirzzy and nicki and hire some ore new dudes eventually
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    and NO will have the better run. NO was a widely known brand. Dudes was on wrestling, movies, television shows, etc...? had a hell of a run
  • jgblack
    edited July 2010
    ysl313 wrote: »
    and NO will have the better run. NO was a widely known brand. Dudes was on wrestling, movies, television shows, etc...? had a hell of a run

yes sir they did and action figures lol
  • Yung Dicc
    Yung Dicc Members Posts: 88
    edited July 2010
    Nikki Minaj GOAT female MC
    Mack Maine GOAT "who is he I know him from somewhere" MC
    Gudda Gudda GOAT bag....... groceries
    Drake............modern day Sinatra
    Lil Chuckee.......cheese
  • jgblack
    edited July 2010
    Yung Dicc wrote: »
    Nikki Minaj GOAT female MC
    Mack Maine GOAT "who is he I know him from somewhere" MC
    Gudda Gudda GOAT bag....... groceries
    Drake............modern day Sinatra
    Lil Chuckee.......cheese

who is this over-sized rodent you speak of??
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited July 2010
    nl had a lot of wAck ? but they mAde a bigger run n hiphop then ym eva will this is a joke lol
  • Yung Dicc
    Yung Dicc Members Posts: 88
    edited July 2010
    jgblack wrote: »
    who is this over-sized rodent you speak of??

Lil-Chuckee-dropthevibe.jpg

Lil Chuck aka E aka Chuck-E aka Chuckee
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    the thing is will half these dudes i can't name ever drop a cd at least the no named no limit dudes did drop cd's but Mater p's main problem was one getting rid of his production crew he let his ego get the best of him and secondly you can't run a label and the 3 biggest stars on the label are you and your 2 brothers. other artists started to feel they werent' getting the same push
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Yung Dicc wrote: »
    Lil-Chuckee-dropthevibe.jpg

Lil Chuck aka E aka Chuck-E aka Chuckee

FACT . Lil Wayne used to borrow Lil Chuckees clothes.
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited July 2010
    This is an extremely poor comparison. No Limit was ? out platinum plaques during their reign. Young Money has yet to put out a platinum album other than Carter 3. YM will never get to the heights of NL so their fall will be an extremely shorter trip....
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Roc A Fella < No Limit. Does that Hurt?
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    TheFix wrote: »
    Roc A Fella < No Limit. Does that Hurt?

quality or quanity?
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ysl313 wrote: »
    quality or quanity?

Commercial success. I'm bold, not stupid lol.
  • siqnih da rapper
    siqnih da rapper Members Posts: 5,699 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    young money is already the best group of all time so thats a easy one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ringo P
    Ringo P Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    jonathand wrote: »
    This is an extremely poor comparison. No Limit was ? out platinum plaques during their reign. Young Money has yet to put out a platinum album other than Carter 3. YM will never get to the heights of NL so their fall will be an extremely shorter trip....

Nahhh...you can't bring sales into it like that. NL were at the top of their game before downloading really started to eat into sales.

And shouldn't this be about No Limit vs Cash Money/Young Money, anyways?
  • ysl313
    edited July 2010
    Ghetto Dope came out in 97 and bling bling came out around 98 or 99. once cash money came and pastor troy came out w/ "no mo play in ga" and ? p and no limit, no limit wasn't relevant anymore at all. that's a two year run, 3 at the most for u die hard no limit fans. so no, no limit wont be around as long as Young Money. You can't go by platinum albums nowadays. ppl don't buy albums anymore. 50 cent's get rich or die trying was the last album that ALOTTA ppl actually went out and bought. He just showed up at a perfect time.(great timing) because afta that, nobody sold ova 4 million copies. it just went down from there. you can't compare record sales from the 90's to now. that's like comparing gas prices from the 90's to now. times change, ? happens, economy got worse and downloading became the thing 2 do. i'm not a young money stan, i just call a ? a ? . No limit's run of being relevant only lasted 3 years. ironically, cash money had alot to do w/ that. Drake's mixtape was some of most played and well known music to come out last year. whether u like it or not. that's one year. Drizzy debut album came out this year. 2 years. wayne gotta ep commin out at the end of the year and the carter 4 is going platinum. u dumb as ? if u feel otherwise. that's 3 years. next year they already will match the lil 3 year run no limit had. drakes sophmore album will make it 4 years. so unless in denial or just don't have any common sense you should know young money goin be relevant longer. I feel no limit had better artist than young money by tha way.

graduation went platinum, so did every oter kanye album i believe...jay-z has been platinum for every album he drops
    Same wti hem
  • NICKY P
    NICKY P Members Posts: 269
    edited July 2010
    ym takin over, im not the bigest fan but im not blind..WAYNE,DRAKE,NIKKI, now TYGA, eveyone feelin it..
  • jgblack
    edited July 2010
    Ghetto Dope came out in 97 and bling bling came out around 98 or 99. once cash money came and pastor troy came out w/ "no mo play in ga" and ? p and no limit, no limit wasn't relevant anymore at all. that's a two year run, 3 at the most for u die hard no limit fans. so no, no limit wont be around as long as Young Money. You can't go by platinum albums nowadays. ppl don't buy albums anymore. 50 cent's get rich or die trying was the last album that ALOTTA ppl actually went out and bought. He just showed up at a perfect time.(great timing) because afta that, nobody sold ova 4 million copies. it just went down from there. you can't compare record sales from the 90's to now. that's like comparing gas prices from the 90's to now. times change, ? happens, economy got worse and downloading became the thing 2 do. i'm not a young money stan, i just call a ? a ? . No limit's run of being relevant only lasted 3 years. ironically, cash money had alot to do w/ that. Drake's mixtape was some of most played and well known music to come out last year. whether u like it or not. that's one year. Drizzy debut album came out this year. 2 years. wayne gotta ep commin out at the end of the year and the carter 4 is going platinum. u dumb as ? if u feel otherwise. that's 3 years. next year they already will match the lil 3 year run no limit had. drakes sophmore album will make it 4 years. so unless in denial or just don't have any common sense you should know young money goin be relevant longer. I feel no limit had better artist than young money by tha way.

now by you saying that..lets just say they both emerged at the same time, I dont think YM would have stood a chance...but I feel what you're saying.. times always change and so who is relevant as a result..hell maybe I am in denial lol but the NL was probably if not the best independent rap in history
  • jgblack
    edited July 2010
    The Roc started out independent so i don't agree w/ u there. i'm from the south and i'd still have to go w/ the roc. um... and YM wouldn't be relevant in the 90's. u actually had to put out good music then to be relevant. nicki minaj would of been done after she dropped her 1st single. ppl wouldn't of put up w/ that ? back then. drake is WAY 2 soft to be relevant in the 90's. i don't even think there was a rapper/r&b singer/disney channel actor/light skinned ? from toronto out back then. in a time frame where DMX was runnin the rap game and HOV at a close 2nd, that soft ass ? drake doing would of got laughed at 11 or 12 years ago. Jay-Z wasn't on his "Euro Hov" ? back then. he was still on dat gutta ? back then.

ehh we'll agree to disagree lol...both labels did their but all things must come to an end