Reason Interview: moyo

5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
5th Letter- Where are you from?

moyo- Brookhaven, Mississippi. A little town in Southwest MS about an hiur South of Jackson and and two hours north of New Orleans.

5th Letter- What's it like out there?

moyo- Its cool. Growing up it was fun, just a cool lil country town where everybody knew everybody. I come from a big ass family so we were well known in the community as good people, so Growing was fun as hell, but i couldn't sneeze in public without ? tellin my folks some ? . Lol But it was jus a nice lil Southern town, but now these youngstas out there wildin, shootin, breaking in folks houses n ? , its crazy. I dont know how familiar u are with Jackson, MS but they have an extremely high crime rate & have for years and I think some of that culture has seeped into my city. But that will always be home. Currently my family n i live on the MS gulf coast in Ocean Springs, MS right outside of Biloxi. Its Real nice out here, good spot to live n raise a family.

5th Letter- What was your early life like?

moyo- My childhood was great, as I said earlier i have a big ass family. My dad was the 6th of 15 kids so just imagine how many cousins I have, along with my one siblings. I have so many Great memories of just being with my people gettin into ? and kickin it. My Mama tried to shelter me from stuff, but between my Pops and my uncles and his entire side of the family, I saw a lot of ? . Open my eyes to a whole lot. My parents were Real respected people in my town and my Momma was an educator so I couldn't do ? in the town without somebody knowing or tellin them. Lol I had to do all my wild ? on the Low, but it was cool because my big cousin and my ? were all chill and parlay type ? as well, so we always got away with our ? . Plus as long as some chicks were around band we werent smoking dope, My Pops was alright wit it. Lol

5th Letter- If you don't mind answering what do you do for a living?

moyo- Im a history teacher and high school football coach. I love teachin and cultivating minds and motivating people. Before this I was a educational supervisor at a correctional facility. I've been around education all my life.

5th Letter- What made you choose to get into the education field?

moyo- Like I said earlier, my mom was an educator, and I've been around education my whole life. Plus, I've always been a cat that likes to motivate and inspire others.I love coaching and teaching and trying to make other people lives better. Its a stressful ass job, but its very fulfilling when u reach a child and affect their life for the best.

5th Letter- Is there a kid that you felt you were able to reach?

moyo- Yeah man a few. I got a couple youngsters from the school I used to work at that call and check on me all the time and vice versa, some of em have told me that they feel that can talk to me about stuff that they can't or don't even talk to their parents about. Its a humbling thing man.

5th Letter- How did you get into hip hop?

moyo- I been down wit hip hop since the My whole life.I was born in '81, so I was a lil ? when Run DMC and the Fat boys all jumped off. I liked rap, but Michael Jackson was my guy. Then I was like 6 or 7 I heard I'm bad by LL and that was like the first rap song that I totally fell in love with and its been on since then. Then around '91 my older cousin from Chicago moved in with my family to finish high school and he put me on all kinds of ? . From Tribe, and EPMD to the Geto boys and I been a hip hop junkie ever since.

5th Letter- What are your earliest memories of hip hop?

moyo- Seeing videos and hearing music from Run DMC, Whodini and Fat boys back in the mid 80's, and then seeing the explosion of hip hop in the late 80's, early 90's. Watching Rap city and Yo MTV raps after school and being excited to see the new videos and albums come out that were timeless classics. Great memories man.

5th Letter- Who are your favorite and least favorite rappers?

moyo- My personal favorites are 2Pac, ? C, Devin the Dude, Playa fly, MJG, Slick Rick, Kendrick Lamar, Big Krit, Nas, I pretty much like emcees that have substance and say things that make me think and or feel some type of emotion. I love great lyrics, but after a while punchlines and clever lyrical miracle ? gets old to a point. As far as non favorites, a good bit of these new ? comin out today. I despise Young thug, Lil Yachty and cats of that ilk but I know they have a lane and an audience for their music and I don't fit that category so it is what it is.

5th Letter- What are some of your favorite albums?

moyo- Man I'll be naming all day. But I'll be brief as I possibly can. Its mostly comprised of late mid to late 90's/Early 2000's albums. The chronic, All eyes on me, Makaveli: 7 day theory, ? , Only built 4 Cuban linx, Ready to die, Life after death, Ridin ? , Illmatic, Atliens, Aquemeni, Southernplayalistic, Movin On, Fly ? , The Dude, The Diary, Underground Kings, Comin out hard, On top of the world, No more glory, Mr. Don't play, Soul Food, Ice Cream man, Tru 2 da game, World War 3 by Mac, 400 degrees, Trap muzik, Late Registration, College drop out, Black Album, Blueprint, Guerilla Warfare, Peace of mind, Good kid, Mad city. Damn I forgot, Too short- Get in where u fit in & Bone thugs -E. 1999 eternal. All classic ? . Oh yeah and Chopper city by B. G.

5th Letter- What are your thoughts on today's hip hop?

moyo- I think in all actuality that its in decent shape. Now don't get me wrong, its a lot of garbage out there, but there's good hip hop out there as well. Tribe's new album is cool a proper send off after the Love movement album left a bad taste in my mouth. Kendrick, J Cole and Krit are still putting out good ? . Veterans are still making good music and as long as I got my classics in my collection and or Apple music account I'll always be straight.

Comments

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool poster even tho he's Seminoles fan...

Big ups on teaching the youth...

Seminole Rap
    https://youtu.be/iUoP9vxGTFA
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope interview homie! Cool as hell to meet other Sipp ? on here. Didn't know you was in the education field. Major props for that. Lord knows these kids, especially the youngins in the Sipp, need a positive male role model. Keep doing ya thing bro! Also dope list of favorite artists!
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? the redskins but good dude tho

Good interview
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Nice to read you an educator and you coaching football in the South.

So if you got kids you a father to pretty much 3 different groups

And I'm your favorite poster's favorite poster, y'all don't forget that
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    First off props and respect for being a teacher

Second who dahell are you? Never really read your post before

Third lol at the Redskins FOH

Fourth great interview though nice perspective on hiphop

I was about to ask u the same damn thing. Lol If u don't know u better ask somebody...
  • moyo
    Appreciate the love fellas.
  • moyo
    Stew wrote: »
    Dope ? bruh, major props on being a teacher helping our youth. HTTR

Hail to the Redskins!!!
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is this guy?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never really knew who you was bro, but respect, we share a lot of the same favorite albums.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoyo? and you know you ? up by mentioning gee right?
  • moyo
    I ain't said nothing bad about the man, I ain't worried. Lol
  • moyo
    I don't post to often, but I been around tho. I'm incognito, I don't be in here all day like some of u ? . Lmao
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool interview as usual, Im a fellow sports coach too Moyo *daps*
  • moyo

Fa sho bro.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have no idea who he is good interview tho @ thegee ? tho
  • moyo
    Damn I gotta post more, lol. If ? do their "googles" they know who I am. Lol I do be on my lurk ? tho.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen this ? b4
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭