RA The Rugged Man: LL Cool J is a Better Rapper Than 2Pac

Options

Comments

• Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I can't think of one aspect of rap that LL is better than Pac in. Not flow, content, hits, nothing.

Not acting.
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »
    This man is in 40's, so of course he likes LL better than PAC. He grew up on LL and he's from NY.

50s
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st of all Kobe was not, is not and never will be a better "technical" player than LeBron
    2nd of all lebron took Eric snow, Larry Hughes, drew Gooden and the cast of the Cosby show to the finals
    Kobe had what 19 triple doubles in 20 seasons
    LeBron got 45
    Kobe got the record for most missed shots in the history of the league
    And let's not even act like he didn't play with the most dominant center in like forever when he won his 1st 3
    Kobe is Carmelo with better teammates and a ? attitude
    Cut the ?
  • BackInWhite
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Also when and if lebron falls off he'll still be a contributor because he does more than score
    Soon as Kobe started breaking down it was a wrap for the Lakers
    ? said it ain't close
    No, it's not, cuz lebron taking that ? by miles
    Kobe was a Westbrook type ? whereas he might go 9 for 41 but if he hit the game winning shot it's mamba mentality
    Like ? u the reason we needed a game winning shot
    If yo uglass wasn't out here tryna score on 4 ? at once and made the correct pass we might be up by 25
    Kobe is a relic
    A thing of the past
    Efficiency and high basketball iq is what's poppin
    Not volume scoring iso ?
    Same reason why Westbrook might avg a triple double this year and not make the playoffs
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can we stop talking about Kobe though. He's one of the best and so is Lebron. LET IT GO.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    LL is in his own lane...He's a legend in his own right as far as skills and catalog goes..Alot of LL's songs have aged gracefully on some nat king Cole ? .."Doin it wild" and "boomin system" still sound fresh to this day

From a technical aspect ,'LL is definitely a better rapper than Pac..Pacs delivery,while passionate and fiery, was basic...

However,it was the way that basic passionate flow connected with people's emotions shows you that Pac is superior artist overall..Sometimes substance trumps style

Now from a die-hard hip hop head's perspective Pac couldn't hang in a rappity rap lyricist type arena..He would get washed..? ,kurupt and Redman washed Pac bar for bar on "got my mind made up"...Even tho to his credit,Pac was able to maintain his respect as emcee by rapping with aggression

Biggie also washed him on the collabs they did together (runnin,house of pain)
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st of all Kobe was not, is not and never will be a better "technical" player than Lebron

Footwork wise, defensively one of one, scoring from a variety of angles, in a variety of ways. Kobe was tough.

Lebron literlly has 2 moves, shoot a 3 or wave a pick away back out to half court then do the exact same ? move he would have done if the pick was there, bull to the basket and get a layup. Kobe had jabs, pullups, floaters, fadeaways, post ups, deep 3s, all kinds of ? .

He was a better "Player" from a scoring standpoint, and technically, but lebron does everything, some of it sloppily, and still gets it done. I still think lebron has potential, lots of it left in the post, and a more well rounded offensive game. I would start my franchise with lebron before anyone in history not named Lew Alcindor. Jordan included.

I promise not to post about that anymore in this thread.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    LL is in his own lane...He's a legend in his own right as far as skills and catalog goes..

From a technical aspect ,'LL is definitely a better rapper than Pac..Pacs delivery,while passionate and fiery, was basic...

However,it was the way that basic passionate flow connected with people's emotions shows you that Pac is superior artist overall..

Now from a die-hard hip hop head's perspective Pac couldn't hang in a rappity rap lyricist type arena..He would get washed..? ,kurupt and Redman washed Pac bar for bar on "got my mind made up"...Even tho to his credit,Pac was able to maintain his respect as emcee by rapping with aggression

Biggie also washed him on the collabs they did together (runnin,house of pain)

You get it.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also when and if lebron falls off he'll still be a contributor because he does more than score
    ? said it ain't close
    Kobe was a Westbrook type ? whereas he might go 9 for 41 but if he hit the game winning shot it's mamba mentality
    If yo uglass wasn't out here tryna score on 4 ? at once and made the correct pass we might be up by 25
    Kobe is a relic
    A thing of the past
    Not volume scoring iso ?
    Same reason why Westbrook might avg a triple double this year and not make the playoffs

Don't hurt these ? feelings like that
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lots of ? can do LL. Nobody before, or since can do what Pac could do. For instance..... How many of these do LL got?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRWUs0KtB-I
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LL on 4,3,2,1 with ? , Red, DMX and Canibus. Some of the hottest ? out at the time and arguably came out on top. Beefed with some of the hottest ? and came out on top each time.

I've never really got the Pac hype if I'm honest
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LL on 4,3,2,1 with ? , Red, DMX and Canibus. Some of the hottest ? out at the time and arguably came out on top. Beefed with some of the hottest ? and came out on top each time.

Lol. You're one of a few.

That "I don't get the hype", could be said about a lot of things and people, so it's understandable.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Lots of ? can do LL. Nobody before, or since can do what Pac could do. For instance..... How many of these do LL got?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRWUs0KtB-I

It's not physically impossible to do what Pac did
    ? like you just won't let or accept another ? doing it
    Like you doing right now
    Right ? now
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

That "I don't get the hype", could be said about a lot of things and people, so it's understandable.

Yeah but when ? talk Pac they talk legacy. Use words like 'passion' and 'emotion'. I've tried to get into his music so many times. Bar a couple songs, his first two albums are barely listenable. Lyrically he's good and technically he's average at best.

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah but when ? talk Pac they talk legacy. Use words like 'passion' and 'emotion'. I've tried to get into his music so many times. Bar a couple songs, his first two albums are barely listenable. Lyrically he's good and technically he's average at best.

Remember, it's all opinions. That's your opinion.

If you can't get the passion, emotion and energy in his music, that's on you.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go tell this to Jay or Nas in their face
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

Remember, it's all opinions. That's your opinion.

If you can't get the passion, emotion and energy in his music, that's on you.

So we're agreed that he's good lyrically and technically average at best?

Coz LL is dope on both fronts
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    This ? talkin about triple doubles :joy: who gives af lmaooo But but but steve nash has 2 mvps ass ?
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    ......? Steve Nash
    We talkin bout volume scoring, when my shot not going in I'm useless ass Kobe
    Ain't nobody said ? about Steve Nash or 2 mvps
    But if we counting lebron got 4 and 3 finals mvps
    Ol I had a poster of him in my room so logic don't scare me ass ?
    Ol I'm gon lmao and use laughing emojis to hide the fact that my favorite player ain't better than LeBron
    But but but he got 5 rings ass ? lmaooooooo
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ......? Steve Nash
    Ol I'm gon lmao and use laughing emojis to hide the fact that my favorite player ain't better than LeBron
    ......? Steve Nash

I'm proving how meaningless that ? you're talking about is, who gives af about a triple double?

Who won more? Until Lebron gets to 5 rings ? n kys
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    Robert Horry got what, 7?
    Oh ok, rings make you the better player
    Tell cp3 he'll never be Adam Morrison
    ? outta here, lady
  • Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what ??

LL was average as hell on that he had passion and rapped like a OG but lyrical skills were basic as hell DMX got that easily
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I can't think of one aspect of rap that LL is better than Pac in. Not flow, content, hits, nothing.

Stop. LL in his prime flowed much better than Pac, had better wordplay, vocab, delivery, punches etc. LL was also more versatile, he could cover more range. He'd hit the world with the "I Need Love" ? and then you'd hear him ripping Canibus and whoever else apart on a diss track.

No disrespect but what you smoking ? ?
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

Lmao!
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said it ain't close
    Kobe is a relic
    A thing of the past
    Not volume scoring iso ?

Man I feel the same way about A.I.