The Evolution of Hip Hop (NETFLIX)

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
New documentary series just released. Pretty dope so far! Anyone checkling it out?

Lots of interviews with all the originators.

Comments

• gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "this post may be herbaly enhanced"

Dope ? for real but one thing is buggin the hell out of me...WHO was recording ? back then? When they show clips of like house parties and the OG's doing they thing there is quality camera angles work as if they was professionally documenting ? back then; not a homie with a camcorder These were kids from the hood who boosted electricity sometimes to even throw them parties why is there such quality footage?

I'm glad it exists but it just seemed strange that something everyone thought was a "fad" has really good camera work documenting it's origins
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    "this post may be herbaly enhanced"

Dope ? for real but one thing is buggin the hell out of me...WHO was recording ? back then? When they show clips of like house parties and the OG's doing they thing there is quality camera angles work as if they was professionally documenting ? back then; not a homie with a camcorder These were kids from the hood who boosted electricity sometimes to even throw them parties why is there such quality footage?

I'm glad it exists but it just seemed strange that something everyone thought was a "fad" has really good camera work documenting it's origins

Probably kids in film school or something like that. It was getting big in the city so somebody had to of heard something and went and checked it out.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess I'll add this to the instant que
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched this today. Russell had me rollin when he said all he wanted was some coke and ? for getting Kurtis Blow put on.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Cold Crush/Fantastic Five ? gave me chills. Hip hop at its rawest.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm check this out
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see this is being slept on!

Very goat, wish they would of got into the later years of the 90s tho with wu tang, the whole QB etc and maybe talk about how the older cats were feeling about the new era...

Maybe there will be more eps