Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis Becoming Untreatable, According To WHO

Options
2»

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Pfizer has long had a drug that cures gonorrhea, but they took it off the market in the US back in 2006-2007. It's called Spectinomycin. It's injectable only, which isn't as attractive as a single pill solution, taking us back to the days of getting a penicillin shot in the ass (which, incidentally, is STILL how you treat advanced cases of syphilis).

I'mma put money on it that if gonorrhea get out of control in the US, they're going to bring it back and make a ? killing on it... But maybe that's why it was taken off the market in the first place...
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    All the pesticides being used on our food is also part of the problem for why antibiotics are not work like they used to.

No, it's because they are over prescribed and people don't take all of their antibiotics, stopping when they start to feel better. But that can leave some of the infection behind allowing it to evolve and develop resistance. If this keeps going on you get increasingly more and more drug resistant infections.

So we need to stop prescribing them so much and take all of your antibiotics, no matter how much better you feel

It's actually really interesting to see the evolution of resistance in bacteria, if it wasn't so terrifying

You can't say no to some factual ? . I said its PART of the problem which it is. I didn't say its the main or biggest problem. Most of us know what the main and biggest problem is which was already stated and you repeated.

So you telling me these people are wrong?

Common pesticides linked to antibiotic resistance https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/24/pesticides-antibiotic-resistance-study

Antibiotics and herbicides, as it turns out, don’t mix. At least that’s the conclusion of a study published today in mBio, the peer-reviewed journal of the American Society for Microbiology, which found that if someone is exposed to both herbicides and antibiotics at the same time, higher doses of antibiotics will likely be needed to ? the offending bacteria.

Antibiotic Resistance From Unexpected Sources--Herbicides, Dust And Metals
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2015/04/01/antibiotic-resistance-from-unexpected-sources/#69e2ecda740d

Glyphosate (Roundup) has been found in the milk and meat of cows⁠, and in human ? . According to German researchers⁠, “Glyphosate residues cannot be removed by washing and they are not broken down by cooking. Glyphosate residues can remain stable in foods for a year or more, even if the foods are frozen, dried or processed.” Thus, there is great chance for interaction of herbicides with antibiotics. Interestingly, Roundup alone had once been considered as an antibiotic, but resistance was found to develop rapidly.⁠ Dr. Jack Heinemann, the study’s lead author and professor at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand explains that while a bacteria alone might have been killed by an antibiotic, when exposed to an herbicide, a resistance gene is turned on, in effect “‘immunizing’ the bacteria to the antibiotic.”
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a reason why the world health organization has a snake in their logo, they are not to be trusted.

No that has to do with Greek mythology. Something about killing a snake at Delphi or something.
  • Kai
    Kai Members, Moderators Posts: 704 Regulator
    Options
    All the pesticides being used on our food is also part of the problem for why antibiotics are not work like they used to.

No, it's because they are over prescribed and people don't take all of their antibiotics, stopping when they start to feel better. But that can leave some of the infection behind allowing it to evolve and develop resistance. If this keeps going on you get increasingly more and more drug resistant infections.

So we need to stop prescribing them so much and take all of your antibiotics, no matter how much better you feel

It's actually really interesting to see the evolution of resistance in bacteria, if it wasn't so terrifying

You can't say no to some factual ? . I said its PART of the problem which it is. I didn't say its the main or biggest problem. Most of us know what the main and biggest problem is which was already stated and you repeated.

Common pesticides linked to antibiotic resistance https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/24/pesticides-antibiotic-resistance-study

Antibiotics and herbicides, as it turns out, don’t mix. At least that’s the conclusion of a study published today in mBio, the peer-reviewed journal of the American Society for Microbiology, which found that if someone is exposed to both herbicides and antibiotics at the same time, higher doses of antibiotics will likely be needed to ? the offending bacteria.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2015/04/01/antibiotic-resistance-from-unexpected-sources/#69e2ecda740d

Glyphosate (Roundup) has been found in the milk and meat of cows⁠, and in human ? . According to German researchers⁠, “Glyphosate residues cannot be removed by washing and they are not broken down by cooking. Glyphosate residues can remain stable in foods for a year or more, even if the foods are frozen, dried or processed.” Thus, there is great chance for interaction of herbicides with antibiotics. Interestingly, Roundup alone had once been considered as an antibiotic, but resistance was found to develop rapidly.⁠ Dr. Jack Heinemann, the study’s lead author and professor at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand explains that while a bacteria alone might have been killed by an antibiotic, when exposed to an herbicide, a resistance gene is turned on, in effect “‘immunizing’ the bacteria to the antibiotic.”

I'm sorry for some reason, I thought you said the use of anti biotics in cows was leading to the antibiotic resistance. I was just reading a journal about that when I replied to you, so I think that's what my mind was on

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sorry for some reason, I thought you said the use of anti biotics in cows was leading to the antibiotic resistance. I was just reading a journal about that when I replied to you, so I think that's what my mind was on

LLS its cool
  • konceptjones
    Options

I think that's why we've relied on fluoroquinolones like cipro for gonorrhea; it's a single dose and wait a few days type of thing where the old oral treatments would take weeks.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Shut up and use a condom you ? ´s.? up the game out here for us clean brother.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stay strapped like a duffle bag. ? you mean. ? ? these randoms raw. Nah I can't go.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    Shut up and use a condom you ? ´s.? up the game out here for us clean brother.
    I stay strapped like a duffle bag. ? you mean. ? ? these randoms raw. Nah I can't go.

y'all do know you can get burned from head if the broad's got a throat infection, right? Dudes get "the Big Three" from bussin down a chick's throat too. It ain't as often, but it does happen.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This some ? ! Them diseases were created and been around forever. They been had a cure. They want folks to stop ? and producing that's what this is about. Scare them, then you can herd and control them. I told my nephew when was 17 just strap up. That's all u can do. U ain't no safer ? a librarian than U R ? a prostitue. A rubber is currently your only protection literally. Broads are foul man. Had a potna that did maintenance at an old job. Said he would constantly see green thick ass discharge, blood and ? all in various women's bathrooms when he had to clean em. ? shell shocked me cuz we worked with 8's , 9's and a few dimes. Scary.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stay strapped with the rubber or just ? the same chick or same few chicks whom you KNOW are safe. And even then it's not 100% guaranteed smh, what a ridiculous world we live in. I thank the heavens I never been burned before, I would hurt a ? who did. Till then, I count my blessings, Jim Carrey's ex-girlfriend killed herself after she got burned, ? is no joke.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just googled that Jim Carrey ? ...that was some foul ? it looks like on his part BUT I think it was the drugs more than anything that caused her to commit suicide, I hate to break the news to y'all but odds are you have hsv-1 and don't know it, look it up, Gonnarea while nasty was curable with antibiotics, hsv-1 and 2 she probably started breaking out because of the drug use killing her immune system
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    guess im just gonna continue jacking my ? to twerk videos
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just googled that Jim Carrey ? ...that was some foul ? it looks like on his part BUT I think it was the drugs more than anything that caused her to commit suicide, I hate to break the news to y'all but odds are you have hsv-1 and don't know it, look it up, Gonnarea while nasty was curable with antibiotics, hsv-1 and 2 she probably started breaking out because of the drug use killing her immune system

Yeah some drugs and treatments do more harm then good, but she took it because she was desperate after the sores near her ? were bleeding and growing. So almost anyone would take treatment in a situation like that. She must have had one of those incurable STDs. It's creepy to think many have hsv-1 and don't know it, loose ? and ? are making things hard for the rest of us lol
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Yeah some drugs and treatments do more harm then good, but she took it because she was desperate after the sores near her ? were bleeding and growing. So almost anyone would take treatment in a situation like that. She must have had one of those incurable STDs. It's creepy to think many have hsv-1 and don't know it, loose ? and ? are making things hard for the rest of us lol

Bruh no, the opioid crisis is what caused her to ? herself, everything she had was treatable
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2016
    Options

Bruh no, the opioid crisis is what caused her to ? herself, everything she had was treatable

Yeah it does seem that her STDs were treatable (according to her), but she has a husband who says the three STDs she allegedly got from Jim Carrey played a role in her suicide. There's a lawsuit from him saying this exact thing but yeah she may have been addicted to pain killers. Don't know the full story yet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3803335/Jim-Carrey-gave-ex-girlfriend-STDs-triggering-suicide-claims-estranged-husband.html

The revived complaint also includes a letter that White wrote to Carrey in 2013 describing herself as 'damaged goods' after she learned she had contracted the diseases.

In that letter White also writes that she has been made to feel 'disrespected, degraded, called a ? , an opportunist, threatened' and like an 'ungrateful b****.'

This traumatic episode played a part in triggering White's suicide claims Burton in his complaint, which also accuses Carrey of providing the prescription drugs White used to overdose in September 2015.

• its....JOHN B
    Options

Yeah it does seem that her STDs were treatable (according to her), but she has a husband who says the three STDs she allegedly got from Jim Carrey played a role in her suicide. There's a lawsuit from him saying this exact thing but yeah she may have been addicted to pain killers. Don't know the full story yet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3803335/Jim-Carrey-gave-ex-girlfriend-STDs-triggering-suicide-claims-estranged-husband.html

The revived complaint also includes a letter that White wrote to Carrey in 2013 describing herself as 'damaged goods' after she learned she had contracted the diseases.

In that letter White also writes that she has been made to feel 'disrespected, degraded, called a ? , an opportunist, threatened' and like an 'ungrateful b****.'

This traumatic episode played a part in triggering White's suicide claims Burton in his complaint, which also accuses Carrey of providing the prescription drugs White used to overdose in September 2015.

Yep it was a collection of things on top of her being a insecure mentally weak person, she could of got rid of one and treated and maintained the other two while getting back at Carrey through lawyers and at the very least destroy his image, but the addiction was basically a downward spiral to her death
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Yep it was a collection of things on top of her being a insecure mentally weak person, she could of got rid of one and treated and maintained the other two while getting back at Carrey through lawyers and at the very least destroy his image, but the addiction was basically a downward spiral to her death

Yeah ? is crazy, Carrey is probably gonna settle the lawsuit, especially if the courts get proof Carrey gave her the STDs and pills. I doubt Carrey wants the world to know more details about this situation. Crazy how even mega millionaires like him can still go through ? like this.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never had an STD post

Don't half of us already have herpes? Apparently, any given individual, regardless of sexual history, is more likely to have herpes than to not have herpes.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Don't half of us already have herpes?
    not the kind he's talking about
    or maybe "yes, if you use a very expansive definition"

• imbetterthanyall91
    imbetterthanyall91 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    STD's were created by the government to combat ? /AIDS and it went wrong. Deal with it?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicago ? don't use condoms
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    STD's were created by the government to combat ? /AIDS and it went wrong.
    STDs in general long predate ? /AIDS, you know.