Don't sell heroin (or don't get caught anyway)

7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
They tryin' to give dude football numbers for an apparently small (not too clear) amount.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/crime/2016/12/23/covington-heroin-dealer-faces-38-year-sentence/95808704/

A Kenton County jury recommended a 38-year sentence last week for a Covington man who sold heroin five times to a confidential informant with the Covington Police Department, according to the prosecutor's office.

Donte Little will be 72 years old when he's released if he serves the full sentence. The 33-year-old was convicted of four counts of trafficking in a controlled substance and one count of complicity to trafficking in a controlled substance.

The Covington Police Department's narcotics unit, known as the "D Team," purchased more than 14 grams of heroin from Little on five different days during the fall of 2014, prosecutors said. Investigators testified video and audio recordings were made of the transactions, which totaled more than $2,300.

During the final deal, the informant gave $1,000 to Little, police said. Little then made a phone call and directed the informant to nearby parked car.

The occupant of that car handed the informant a pair of shoes with seven grams of heroin inside, prosecutors said.

Little was arrested in December 2015. Closing arguments were held in his trial on Dec. 16.

Prosecutors said the jury deliberated about three and a half hours before finding Little guilty of all five counts. After another 90 minutes of deliberation, the jury returned sentences of four years each on two counts of trafficking, 10 years each on both the other counts of trafficking larger quantities of heroin and 10 years for complicity to trafficking.

The jury recommended that the sentences be served consecutively.

"Kenton County residents are sick of heroin and will show no mercy to those making money dealing overdose deaths in our community," Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders said. "He may have beat some charges across the river, but the evidence these detectives collected was too strong and our prosecutors are too seasoned for Mr. Little to get away with dealing drugs in Kentucky."

Little will be formally sentenced in January by Kenton Circuit Judge Kathleen Lape.

636181109596819322-InmateImg122015ZZZ842614-12152015141505.jpg

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Some states will charge you for deaths of people who overdosed and died locally. Just like getting caught with a gun with bodies on it.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the point of this thread tho?? I live in ky also and I was on jury duty and put away a heroin dealer no ? given? Heroin is a horrible ass drug
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Whats the point of this thread tho?? I live in ky also and I was on jury duty and put away a heroin dealer no ? given? Heroin is a horrible ass drug

Bruh you smarter than this.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

The point of this thread is that a MF might catch a decade for a gram of heroin, they might need to know this ? .

The same way people in jail right now doing decades for non-violent drug offenses, from disproportionate laws hoping they get a presidential pardon.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    P. Town wrote: »
    What kind of money could dude be gettin in Covington, KY? Covington so damn small if you Google it Cincinnati pops up.
    What kind of money could dude be gettin in Covington, KY? Covington so damn small if you Google it Cincinnati pops up.

? like herion, ? , pills etc is big in small rural counties in ky
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, serving over 30 years to make as little as $2,300? He could've just worked at Amazon then.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    these type of numbers been around forever with dope charges. i ran the streets in the 80s and 90s and we all knew that ur first dope charge was probably gonna get u a 10 banger. a second one might get u life. its sounds crazy but this is a normal sentence if ur a repeat offender. if its his first charge then he better get another lawyer and get it knocked down to 15 - 20
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ban?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White people are dying from heroin and ? overdoses in rural area in America and they are going to make an example out of you.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't of been selling drugs bruh, he knew the risks he was a grown man, made a grown man decision, and gotta face the grown man consequences.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On principle i have a problem with the state taking an hyper paternal role by telling another grown ass person what they can or cannot put in their body.

? has led to the unnecessary criminalization of 25% of your own population. And the only reason it exists is because people possess these arbitrary ethics and morals they like to impose on people.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Its an urban area/city. Been through there going through Cincinnati. Its basically an extension of Cincinnati right across the river Cincinnati metro area.

buc6c46dbe3b.jpg

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    illedout wrote: »
    Black dude selling heroin to white people in the state of Kentucky..

They made an example out of him..

And I think it's ? up that an undercover cop can buy from you multiple times just to trump the charges up..

Exactly.

Once it's been established that a crime has taken place, it should be considered entrapment if that person isn't arrested or charged as soon as the crime has been committed.

They get around that, however, by claiming that they're trying to establish a conspiracy case.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That picture is downtown Covington not Cincinnatti. On one hand thats a bunch of years. On the other he's in his 30s, I try not to judge because I dont know all details of everything, but hey, like thread title says. Moreso the first part of the thread title.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    Black dude selling heroin to white people in the state of Kentucky..

They made an example out of him..

And I think it's ? up that an undercover cop can buy from you multiple times just to trump the charges up..

Exactly.

Once it's been established that a crime has taken place, it should be considered entrapment if that person isn't arrested or charged as soon as the crime has been committed.

They get around that, however, by claiming that they're trying to establish a conspiracy case.

Actually, it makes sense for an undercover cop to make three purchases on three separate occasions. Then when the case goes to court the defendant can't say it was a one time incident or a mistake. Or mistaken identity. Or it only happened once.

No if it happened 3X then you're guilty.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't of been selling drugs bruh, he knew the risks he was a grown man, made a grown man decision, and gotta face the grown man consequences.

Wow u lame