Is The Moto Z phone now the best Android on the market?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
Just wondering if any of you Android experts had any type of experience with it?

Comments

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Late ass reply but nope. Best Android phone for most people is still the S7/Edge. Water resistance, top 3 camera, best battery life (S7 edge), sd card slot, and tons of software features. I personally have an HTC 10 though because of their Android update history and it paid off. On my second Nougat update already and December security update with root so no ads.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Late ass reply but nope. Best Android phone for most people is still the S7/Edge. Water resistance, top 3 camera, best battery life (S7 edge), sd card slot, and tons of software features. I personally have an HTC 10 though because of their Android update history and it paid off. On my second Nougat update already and December security update with root so no ads.

The add ons makes the Moto Z better imo fam @mosincredible

You can have a Nokia like camera, and a battery life that kills any phone you have. Some of the add ons are from 40-225, but well worth if your phone is everything to you. Also the add on projector ... man
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

The add ons makes the Moto Z better imo fam @mosincredible

You can have a Nokia like camera, and a battery life that kills any phone you have. Some of the add ons are from 40-225, but well worth if your phone is everything to you. Also the add on projector ... man

@iKingGodGivBiz I feel like the mods are gimmicks. They did it better than LG but the camera mod isn't a big improvement other than the zoom. On average, the mod takes worse pictures than the iPhone 7/S7/Pixel. I'd never use the projector mod. The speaker and battery mods are cool but that's extra on top of the phone cost. Not worth it for a phone that really isn't better than its competitors.

I also don't approve of that puny ass battery in there since they wanted to make the phone so thin. Until battery tech improves, they're going to have to keep phones at the same thickness they are now. Processor companies are forced to play a tight rope balancing game between efficiency and power because of this.

I don't support phones with headphone jack until bluetooth technology completely gets rid of latency. Bluetooth headphones still have a delay that throws off gaming or watching movies. Bluetooth isn't ready for prime time and I'm not using a dongle and ? any company that thinks I should.

Edit: Example that bluetooth isn't ready. Video starts with wired latency and then uses bluetooth headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRseTquanaw