Is there ANY hip hop pioneers that DONT sound dated?

2»

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    OUTKAST

YOU CAN STILL BUMP ANYTHING FROM AQUEMINI ON UP AND IT SOUNDS NEW

They said pioneers tho. Rappers from 84-87.

Outkast are pioneers.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krs one sound like 1989 still in recent "freestyles" and tracks I've heard ... kool mo dee actually sound like he could ? in this generation doesn't sound dated (see art of hip hop) ... anybody else come to mind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uheNKhLTpjU

Yep KRS-One is just non-sense on this track, lol.
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kool genius of rap!!!!
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »
    OUTKAST

Cube was arguably my favorite from 88. But dudes rhymes been ? butt cheeks since 2000 and up

LOL @ pioneers being from 84-87.

The pioneers are from 1973-1980

So what u saying is u old enough to be my grandpa u wrinkly ? victim bastard

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Everybody says things on the Internet they wouldn't say in person let's be realistic here. But what I'm saying is true. I'm 24 born in 92 so u either old enough to be my grandpa or dad and u did say u got ? by a ? on speed. I ain't saying nothing u didn't gemme da ammo to use.
  • TayGettem
    An I swear @5grand that u and @genocidecutter love sayin wild ass ? on here then catch feelins when yall get roasted with it like yall didn't tell us this ? yall selves like we just gonna forget lol
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Pioneers from 73-80?? Lmaaooo

Yea Good luck finding any rappers from that time.

And I already mentioned Caz.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTKAST

Cube was arguably my favorite from 88. But dudes rhymes been ? butt cheeks since 2000 and up

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Everybody says things on the Internet they wouldn't say in person let's be realistic here. But what I'm saying is true. I'm 24 born in 92 so u either old enough to be my grandpa or dad and u did say u got ? by a ? on speed. I ain't saying nothing u didn't gemme da ammo to use.

1. I don't say anything to any posters or anything about any artists that I wouldn't say to their face.

2. You've probably been ? by a ? on speed and didn't know it. I'm trying to tell you how the game works. You said yourself that I'm old enough to be your father. I'm trying to give you some wisdom but you're too stupid to listen to what I'm telling you.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

1. I don't say anything to any posters or anything about any artists that I wouldn't say to their face.

2. You've probably been ? by a ? on speed and didn't know it. I'm trying to tell you how the game works. You said yourself that I'm old enough to be your father. I'm trying to give you some wisdom but you're too stupid to listen to what I'm telling you.

This
  • TayGettem
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Ion know what u on but getting ? on speed ain't happening where I live u. U just funny style b
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Oh Jesus idk if I can do this again
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUTKAST

h7heeagqp2kc.jpg

Bro whatever kind of history lesson your trying to give isn't working....a lot of that ? from the late 70's and early 80's was wack and we could do without your childhood stories

Your not giving anyone wisdom...your coming off as the mumble rap version of all hip hop posters
  • ownership
    ownership Members Posts: 14
    Kool Keith's style is so offbeat, original, and futuristic that you can't put a timestamp on it. In fact, if he came out in the 2000s, his style would've been more popular.
  • slickwatts
    slickwatts Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Go listen to melle Mel and tell me ? today are better than him
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already been mentioned but without a doubt...

Caz, Rakim, LL, G Rap & Kane
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ownership wrote: »
    Kool Keith's style is so offbeat, original, and futuristic that you can't put a timestamp on it. In fact, if he came out in the 2000s, his style would've been more popular.

Was recently listening to the black Elvis album and had the same thoughts