Reason Interview: texas409 aka Texas_Boi

5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
5th Letter- Where are you from?

texas409- From a city called Beaumont Tx

5th Letter- What's it like there?

texas409- Its a small city on the border of Texas/Louisiana. Its actually a boom town due to the Spindletop eruption in 1900. The eruption occurred on a black farmers land and he sold the property to an oil and gas company for $50,000 at that time that was big money so he took it. Beaumont was actually supposed to be what we know as Houston but things didnt work out that way so the rest is history.

5th Letter- What was your early life like?

texas409- Early life was cool me and my brother were kind of knuckleheads and . Pops got a good gig and moved us out the hood. Moms and Dad were kinda on the outs so they divorced when I was 11. From then on we were the men of the house. We made due and had great times and Mama took care of us the best she could. Brother went off to the Navy and I took a liking to football and made that my main focus. I was pretty good in high school and had the city on smash with all the perks that came with it. My grades were decent so I did get the major schools chirping but I didnt get a scholarship at a JUCO here in Texas. Lol Moms was tired of me at that point and kicked me out the crib two weeks after I graduated high school so I found a job and a place out there at 17 and never looked back....

5th Letter- What in your opinion stopped you from going further with football?

texas409- I didnt have my head in the game literally. I had alot going on with family plus the school where I was at had limited scholarship funds and they went with they thought were the most committed players at that time

5th Letter- You said you had family issues what else had you distracted

texas409- ? and getting ? and high ? duh!!!! lol

5th Letter- If you don't mind answering what do you do for a living?

texas409- I work in Operation in the oil and gas industry

5th Letter- What's that like how did you get into that field?

texas409- I got into it because its what the majority of the good paying jobs are here in Texas outside of being Doctors or Lawyers. It pays very well but its also where alot of the rednecks and racist work too so it has its perks and headaches

5th Letter- Did you ever have any issues dealing with those racists on the job?

texas409- Of course not just from whites but Hispanics too but when you stand up for yourself they shut that ? up. Real talk Obama had these rednecks out here shook for real

5th Letter- How were they shook?

texas409- Come on bruh a black man as the leader of the free world? They thought he was coming for their guns and oil

5th Letter- How did you get into hip hop?

texas409- I always been a fan I was born in 83 and witnessed the beginning of Slick Rick Run Dmc and LL. Then from them it was NWA and Too Short. I've been a fan of every era and every wave. Being from a small city in Texas we kept up with everything from the east to the west coast. My favorite artist of all time is Jay. Hands down dude is the classic Hip Hop representative flow, swagger,style. I was the first person at my school telling people about Vol.1 and 2 and folks used to clown cause we all were big DJ Screw and SUC heads at the time. But Highschool was different and he caught my ear and I knew he was the dopest. Next thing boys see was him on MTV with UGK and that blew our minds because they were from Port Arthur which is literally 15 minutes away from Beaumont. I love all music honestly but Hip Hop marinates in my bones

5th Letter- How did you become a Jay Z fan?

texas409- Cause he could spit and had raw talent plus he wasn't picking those boom bap Wack ass beats that were coming out of the East Coast at the time. Us down south folks like a good beat just as much as a good rhyme and he had that

5th Letter- Speaking on that what are your thoughts on the up north/south debate?

texas409- I think both regions has its gems and it has its flaws. But I will always give the East Coast it's props for pioneering the movement and I think East Coast folks need to give us our props for what we contribute to the culture and it has to be said that we supported Hip Hop from the beginning stages

5th Letter- Who are your favorite and least favorite rappers?

texas409- Favorites: Jay, LL, Common, Cube, Snoop, Bun B, Drake, Zro, Slim Thug, Eminem, Kendrick, Redman, Dmx, Juvenile, T. I.

Least: Young Thug, WuTang, Future, Ab Soul, Yachty, Uzi vert, French Montana, KRS one, Ja Rule, Current Kanye

5th Letter- What are some of your favorite albums?

texas409- Bone Thugs E 1999 Eternal, The Fugees The Score, 2pac All Eyes On Me, DMX its Dark and Hell is Hot, Biggie Ready 2 Die, Jay vol 2 Hard Knock Life, The Blueprint, American Gangster, The Black Album, Nas Life IS Good, Juvenile 400 Degreez, Common BE, Finding Forever. just to name a few

5th Letter- What are your thoughts on today's hip hop?

texas409- TRASH. Outside of Drake Kendrick and J Cole. I like Big Sean also dude makes good music

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew you my ? n/h
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good interview
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh I'm still confused on what happened in Houston
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool interview, and dope taste in music. Dude be clowning on us dark skin ? lol
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought you was from Houston. What did you major in college?
  • texas409
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I always thought you was from Houston. What did you major in college?

I majored in Business Marketing.

and appreciate that @Sion and @Aggielean.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great interview......I know that the oil and gas field is really competitive and hard to get into....several years ago I worked with KBR in Iraq and most of my coworkers were rednecks from Texas and Lake Charles, all they talked about was Harleys and guns so I know exactly where you are coming from regarding dealing with those clowns that come at you ....some questions I have:

- Do you work 40 hours a week or do you work on a rotational basis
    - Have they ever approached you and asked you to work overseas with the same company (for example Russia, Iraq, Kuwait, etc) and would you do it?
    - How did you get into the oil and gas field?
  • texas409
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Is he the same one that smashed a ? or am I mistaking him for the other ?

if lil wayne dies will you die too?
  • texas409
    No offense but was this the guy that used to get clowned for being a Mexican and posting his pics outside a county jail, or was it like he was in his community college graduation garb?

wtf
  • texas409
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Great interview......I know that the oil and gas field is really competitive and hard to get into....several years ago I worked with KBR in Iraq and most of my coworkers were rednecks from Texas and Lake Charles, all they talked about was Harleys and guns so I know exactly where you are coming from regarding dealing with those clowns that come at you ....some questions I have:

- Do you work 40 hours a week or do you work on a rotational basis
    - Have they ever approached you and asked you to work overseas with the same company (for example Russia, Iraq, Kuwait, etc) and would you do it?
    - How did you get into the oil and gas field?

I work what we call the Dupont schedule which is rotating shifts from night and day
    Ive never been asked to work over seas but I would
    I got into it because its where the money is in this area
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    It's a Eye of ASARU ,?

A-S-A-R-U...spell my name right..

U ? ass coal miner

[img]http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Tupac-Shakur-i-dont-give-a-? .gif[/img]

Blah blah..yet u mention me

These ic interviews got u cyber virtual unreality ? boys thinking y'all special

Gfoh Dig dug...Go dig up some petroleum..my Lexus needs some gas,?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but was this the guy that used to get clowned for being a Mexican and posting his pics outside a county jail, or was it like he was in his community college graduation garb?

Lmaooo i know who u talkn bout ...he rarely posts now...might changed his sn

Think hes a nets fan
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited January 2017
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Is he the same one that smashed a ? or am I mistaking him for the other ?

lq626ltoxkg9.gif
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope interview
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dope. @5th Letter hasn't failed me yet