Hip-HopDX - Biggie Ain't The GOAT

Comments

• wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    How do I create my own thread?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    When did it become cool to disrespect BIG?

About the same time it became cool to disrespect legends in general
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭

About the same time it became cool to disrespect legends in general

Thanks for answering my question your ? , I have a mental disability. But now you know and maybe someone will be helpful
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    I enjoyed his music, but Big is not the G.O.A.T.

2Pac was 5x better and is the G.O.A.T.

Kendrick Lamar is a better rapper than Big. YEP, I SAID IT!

15wjqmw.gif

Yoooo this was mad appropriate
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big was great but not enough material... same with big pun. Talent wise he there but u can't put him over pac nas cube or face or LL with just 2 albums
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    I enjoyed his music, but Big is not the G.O.A.T.

2Pac was 5x better and is the G.O.A.T.

Kendrick Lamar is a better rapper than Big. YEP, I SAID IT!

15wjqmw.gif

Yeah, that's right. It's even hard for the president with all his Ivy League degrees to dispute this. LOL!

But all jokes aside, good rapper, but dude only had two albums. Both are on my iPod. They were great projects. But G.O.A.T. ... nope.

I think a lot of people give him this status because he was the hottest thing to come from New York when the West Coast was dominating and had a good producer behind him - Diddy.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. ? out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt watch the vid but.....

Big had potential to be GOAT but career was cut too short. U cant compare 2 albums to other great MCs who have deep discogs

Life After Death had alot of filler... its not the masterpiece people say it is. Shoulda only been 1 disc

BIG still a legend but Greatest of All Time? He didnt live long enough for that title.

I put him in same breath as The D.O.C.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

when pac said he ? his wife
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. ? out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

I don't think I'm "disrespecting" BIG by saying that Kendrick is a better rapper with a better body of work. I think Jay-Z and Nas are better than BIG too.

And "Untitled Unmastered" was just leftover tracks and that was acknowledged on several occasions.There were reasons, the songs were not put on the album. "Section.80" "GKMC" and "TBAB" were official albums and all of them were dope !!!
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl...

I like KDot but better than Big?...

Not imo and not even close...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    I don't have BIG I'm my top 5 for obvious reasons but no way on this planet is KDot a better rapper than he is.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggie will forever be a contender for the GOAT rapper.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick better than big ?!

This the ? twilight zone smh
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big was good at everything,classic albums,storytelling,radio hits,classic verses,kills features,classic songs.cmon sun.? had that it factor.it is what it is..he had future rap legends at the time.. hating on him when he was alive..he's the GOAT..and a trendsetter..now everybody wanna rock jesus pieces after he did it.how is he not the goat. Like I said big the goat.he did all this in 3,4 year span..sum mcs have 10+ years still can't do what he did to this day.
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course you're gonna have mcs..have more songs,albums then him..bcuz well..he's dead..but the question is..were they dropping hits like big at the same time when he was alive..we're.were they dropping classic albums around that time too..only less then handful of mcs can say that and that's it.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendricks LPs don't even have replay value to me...

I bought good kid ,section 80, tpab ..listened to them 3 months straight..and now have no desire to revisit any of them

Ready to die and LAD still get spins
  • TheGOAT
    edited January 2017
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Big had potential to be GOAT but career was cut too short. U cant compare 2 albums to other great MCs who have deep discogs

Life After Death had alot of filler... its not the masterpiece people say it is. Shoulda only been 1 disc

BIG still a legend but Greatest of All Time? He didnt live long enough for that title.

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!?!

LAD is a classic from front to back.. SMH..

I am going to start asking posters' age around here... blah blah blah...

No its not a perfect album

Yes it is a classic... but front to back?.... no

And im 28yr old. Been down with this rap ? since i 1st heard GFunk Era in elementary school... ive done my rap homework before Google existed B
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!?!

And im 28yr old. Been down with this rap ? since i 1st heard GFunk Era in elementary school... ive done my rap homework before Google existed B

Okay.. Humor me.. For Debate sake.. LAD has 24 tracks.. Which tracks would you remove from the album?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendrick fans are really starting to make me hate that lil ?
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    270crownst wrote: »
    Big was good at everything,classic albums,storytelling,radio hits,classic verses,kills features,classic songs.cmon sun.? had that it factor.it is what it is..he had future rap legends at the time.. hating on him when he was alive..he's the GOAT..and a trendsetter..now everybody wanna rock jesus pieces after he did it.how is he not the goat. Like I said big the goat.he did all this in 3,4 year span..sum mcs have 10+ years still can't do what he did to this day.

You didn't lnclude sales and star power...He's the most complete MC ever.started out on top of the game and died on top of the game.Big the only MC that ticked every Goat Statistical category box before he was snatched from us.
    The man single handedly brought hiphop back to the east from the realms of the west while all these other MCs y'all say are better than Big allowed hiphop to be mumbled and did nothing about it..
  • TheGOAT

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Okay.. Humor me.. For Debate sake.. LAD has 24 tracks.. Which tracks would you remove from the album?

- ? You 2nite ft RKelly
    - Last Day ft Lox
    - Love the Dough ft Jay Z
    - B.I.G. Interlude
    - Another ft Lil Kim
    - The World is Filled ft Too Short & Puffy
    - Playa Hater
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!?!

- ? You 2nite ft RKelly
    - Last Day ft Lox
    - Love the Dough ft Jay Z
    - B.I.G. Interlude
    - Another ft Lil Kim
    - The World is Filled ft Too Short & Puffy
    - Playa Hater

You can add about 4 more bruh