Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg Declares That We Are Living in the Rick Ross Era

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear the Ross detractors use the same talking points over and over again

popcorn.gif

Explain to me how he not moving more units than he is . He gets the best production,best features and his promotion is not bad and its supposed to be his era right now come on b.

Its not my job to explain his record sales, i just enjoy his music. All im saying is y'all running out with the "he only has good production" or my favorite one "he relies on features"......both are blatant lies that any real fan of Ross can see right through.

Its just amazes me that instead of just saying you don't like the ? , u dudes gotta make up all the extra ? to justify your hate for Ross.

How u be a Kanye fan but claim u can't listen to Ross because he can't rap?

How are u a fan of Jay Z but knock Ross for "lack of subject matter"??

How are u an Odd Future fan yet knock Ross for not going Plat??

You dudes are just ridiculous with the double standards. I mean do u really think ppl aren't noticing the hypocrisy when it comes to Ross and the "internet fan"??

Just admit u don't like ole boy, all that extra ? is unnecessary

So 9 outta 10 songs on Teflon Don didn't have features. Odd Future are Indie backed by themselves and don't make radio friendly music at all so that a mute point next Subject matter okay lets see how we gon poke holes in this . Jay -Z can rap about the same thing every song but make it interesting, Ross doesn't have that talent. Kanye is not a better rapper than rick ross but I never said any thing about him not being able to rap. I said how is it his era when unlike all the other Bigtime cats he can't move units he has good promotion,great features buzz all that . He doesn't have a release date . So if I'm a label what the ? do I have to do to make him for real get on that next level because at this point I would be tired of him wasting cash even tho we all know thats def jam's favorite thing to do.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ehh...it cant be his era when there are rappers more popular than he is....
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No diss to Ross I ? with him but Rosenberg has the most outdated and wack opinions on hip hop

? Peter Rosenberg
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    has kanye just gone missing or something?? lol ....but yeah man ross is coo the only album of his i think is top notch qaulity or comprable with the best work of his peers would be his last ? .... tho ....rozzzzzzay!
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

popcorn.gif

Explain to me how he not moving more units than he is . He gets the best production,best features and his promotion is not bad and its supposed to be his era right now come on b.

Its not my job to explain his record sales, i just enjoy his music. All im saying is y'all running out with the "he only has good production" or my favorite one "he relies on features"......both are blatant lies that any real fan of Ross can see right through.

Its just amazes me that instead of just saying you don't like the ? , u dudes gotta make up all the extra ? to justify your hate for Ross.

You dudes are just ridiculous with the double standards. I mean do u really think ppl aren't noticing the hypocrisy when it comes to Ross and the "internet fan"??

popcorn.gif

So 9 outta 10 songs on Teflon Don didn't have features. Odd Future are Indie backed by themselves and don't make radio friendly music at all so that a mute point next Subject matter okay lets see how we gon poke holes in this . Jay -Z can rap about the same thing every song but make it interesting, Ross doesn't have that talent. Kanye is not a better rapper than rick ross but I never said any thing about him not being able to rap. I said how is it his era when unlike all the other Bigtime cats he can't move units he has good promotion,great features buzz all that . He doesn't have a release date . So if I'm a label what the ? do I have to do to make him for real get on that next level because at this point I would be tired of him wasting cash even tho we all know thats def jam's favorite thing to do.

Again DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Regardless of what you say an Odd Future fan has no reason to turn their nose up at ANYBODYS record sales

Kanyes last album had features on 10 outta 13 tracks(he wasnt even really rapping on one of the 3 tracks he had by himself)

Saying Jay Z can be redundant lyrically only because you "prefer" him to Ross is just you sticking your head in the sand.

Why are you so worried about a "release date" for an album you obviously have no interest in purchasing? Ross just gave away a free album in Rich Forever so i think he has some leeway in taking time to craft GFID. I expect PREMIUM sound from Ross so i have no problem waiting for him to get his next album exactly the way he wants it.....

Deeper Than Rap
    The Timeless Audemar Piguet Collection
    Albert Anastasia
    Teflon Don
    Ashes To Ashes
    Rich Forever

Thats 6 projects in the last 3 years all of which have classic records on them. Ross kept it HIPHOP while all those BIGTIME cats pandered to white people for record sales. Since 2009 its hard pressed to name a HIPHOP artist who has been more consistent MUSICALLY than Ross.

It wasnt Nas
    It wasnt Jay
    It wasnt Em
    It wasnt Kanye
    It wasnt Jeezy

If anything this praise Ross is getting in 2012 is LONG OVERDUE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIs8jI_DIO4

^^^^^
    Thats the key to his success. He didnt.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    aint peter rosenberg white? if so he is delusional cuz we r livin n da CRACKA ERA....
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Outsiders don't count.

Meh, if Ross drops three solid albums the snow-bunnies will say "Dude it was all production dude".

If he drops 3 Gold albums within 6 years they will say "Dude he never went platinum like our Vanilla Ice did dude".

if he would have gone platinum they would say "Dude, Def Jam bought all those albums dude".

If the streets co-sign Rozay the blog geeks will say "Dude that fat Black cop is fake dude, he was a C.O. as a teen dude"

I heard one Pink-toe say "Dude Emenim is a real ? , when he raps about serial-killing and sticking gerbils in his ass it's because he lives his lyrics dude and he's qualified to rap about that based on his experiences dude".

So when blog-geeks, nerds, wannabees's, outsiders, mutants, and G-Unit wiggers share their opinions on our culture I typically just laugh and imagine what they look like.

:-B

dead
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    a lot of homos gon be mad, but read the siggy, ? .
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    although, some of y'all may disagree including myself, but you have to give the man his props when it due...

I mean Rozay might not be the most lyrical, or diverse rapper, but if you're going based off "The hottest ? out right now"

you have to give him his props.
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

[/quote]

Third Grade Logic smh... Ross is alright. He is nobody to rave over. He isnt doing anything groundbreaking. Odd Future and Kanye are. Jay not so much any more but he still is the goat imo. He could rap circles around ross if he wanted too.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Peter rosenberg just shat on this ish man, its sad cuz hes absolutletly right smh
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    sounds interesting