" Happy Wife Happy Life!! " Do you subscribe to this motto?

Options
2»

Comments

• semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its true, Keep your wife satisfied and your marriage will be good to go.
    it's true! if she is happy then I am happy and if I am happy she is happy. we are one. of course we are individuals as well so you also need to be happy with yourself and she needs to be happy with herself. u support each other to reach goals and talk to each other to better understand needs and wants. that statement doesn't mean u gotta go out and break the bank on a house or a car. it means so much more than that.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not married, but it goes both ways. Just like it's the husband's job to make his wife happy, it's the wife's job to make her husband happy.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a misleading way to approach a marriage.
    Neither party should sacrifice their happiness just to appease the other.

What good is the marriage if only one spouse is happy?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest, I hate that f*cking quote. hahaa =)

Maybe cause I'm selfish and petty but I just don't have faith in Mankinds ability NOT to over reach.
    Meaning, A woman who embodies that frame of thought is a woman who will take advantage of every! situation. imo
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nah...? that ?

I'm single BTW
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bunch of fairy tale, beta male, ? whipped, liberal responses in here. Man up pansies
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bunch of fairy tale, beta male, ? whipped, liberal responses in here. Man up pansies

And these responses sound like they're coming from petulant children who had their hearts broken and never figured out how to cope with the aftermath. Buncha ? in here that sound like they didn't get enough hugs from mommy. Smh.

And you ? have no reading comprehension either.

How many of y'all ? that put "no" have been/are in a successful marriage?
  • Like Water
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    I think that what some of what you are not realizing is that happy wife doesn't mean that she always get her own way or that she can't be told no. To even think they is immature.

Happy wife might mean not arguing with her about what color the bathroom is going to be painted.

Happy wife might mean putting her in her place when she wants to cop a new car when she doesn't need one.

Y'all have to realize that leading and making decisions can make you women "happy". It's not all about getting your own way.

/thread
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

And these responses sound like they're coming from petulant children who had their hearts broken and never figured out how to cope with the aftermath. Buncha ? in here that sound like they didn't get enough hugs from mommy. Smh.

B... women's emotions change like the wind, they are emotional by nature. I would never bend to an emotional creature's will by making that ? happy every time she throws a temper tantrum. When you try to cheer a ? up and make them happy ALL the time you become boring and predictable because you give them what they WANT instead of NEED. Crazy thing is you actually make a ? happy when you check or ignore their pissy behavior.

Only a sucker would let a woman's perpetually changing emotions govern his. Did you know when you do that you're just like the ? ?
  • Like Water
    Options

Like Water wrote: »

B... women's emotions change like the wind, they are emotional by nature. I would never bend to an emotional creature's will by making that ? happy every time she throws a temper tantrum. When you try to cheer a ? up and make them happy ALL the time you become boring and predictable because you give them what they WANT instead of NEED. Crazy thing is you actually make a ? happy when you check or ignore their pissy behavior.

Only a sucker would let a woman's perpetually changing emotions govern his. Did you know when you do that you're just like the ? ?

Are you a child? How old are you? You sound like you got your relationship advice from a Gucci song. It's safe to assume that you aren't in a successful marriage. Not with that boneheaded logic you tryna come at me with.

How bout you experience life a little and then talk to me when you get some sense about yourself. And when you can differentiate between treating a ? like a ? and a woman like a woman.
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ay mayne if you treat your wife like a princess and kiss her feet and ? no matter what and that works for you then more power to ya cause you have something I don't.
  • imma_stoner08
    imma_stoner08 Members Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes and this goes both ways everyday is a challenge gotta stick together
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate the saying with all my heart but it turns out to be true
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is for those who are married or will ever entertain marriage in the future.

I've been hearing this "saying" for some time now and I wanted to get the
    IC's views.

What are your thoughts?

Two way street. She has to be invested in my happiness too.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a lot of hurt ? in this thread
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    It says 'Happy wife, happy life'. Not 'Happy wife - at the expense of MY happiness - happy life'. So in general, I agree. Keeping your wife happy doesn't mean you have to forsake your own happiness. In reality, your motta should be 'happy wife, happy life', her motto should be 'happy husband, happy life'. The end.

This ? ain't rocket science.

You know ? need ? explicitly said and spelled out for them to get it. They can't just logically come to the conclusion of things that are naturally implied in many statements or instances in life. They need a flying banner for it
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? aint fair. I be dam if I gotta make someone else happy just to be able to enjoy my life.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its just a "silly saying" Nothing more.
    U should c the muhfuckas @ work that subscribed 2 this ? . They look like the type 2. I wish I would believe in this if I ever was 2 get married. Slanted POV and 1/2 selfish. It ain't about her it's about us. How about: Suck ? and he won't trick? I mean, that can prove 2 have some substance 2.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't a "happy wife" a paradox?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    no hate...

but every time I hear some poor husband recite that saying....
    ... its always with a little bit of doubt and a whole batch of reluctancy .... lol
    I never hear this quote recited with confidence.

Married men talk about their marriage ... the same way women talk about their kids.
    deep down they(dudes) hate that sh*t but they gotta save face. Im talking the miserable ones that
    somehow surpassed their marriage expiration date.

How many of her friends weddings / anniversaries do you have to accompany her to?
    How often do you have to go to her stupid family get togethers and chat with the in-laws like you give 2 f*cks! /
    How many times do you have to "stop at the grocery store on your way home" to pick up some Brewers Yeast or somesh*t.
    How many times fellas!!? How many times?!.

oh... and I def aint talking bout my IC fellas cause they got their sh*t under control.