The ? - I See You (New Album)

Options
lazypakman
lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
I See You is the upcoming third studio album by the English indie pop band The ? , planned for release on 13 January 2017 on the Young Turks label.[2] It is the follow-up to their sophomore album Coexist, and is their first release in more than four years.

[img]https://d235mwrq2dn9n5.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/the-? -i-see-you.jpg[/img]
1. "Dangerous"
2. "Say Something Loving"
3. "Lips"
4. "A Violent Noise"
5. "Performance"
6. "Replica"
7. "Brave for You"
8. "On Hold"
9. "I Dare You"
10. "Test Me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oA9UmRd4I

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first album was brilliant, the second album was beautifully dull. I'm not a fan of On Hold but I thought Say Something Loving is great. This album could go either way for me.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    On a second listen: On Hold is growing on me, but I liked Say Something Loving less... I dunno.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first album was brilliant, the second album was beautifully dull. I'm not a fan of On Hold but I thought Say Something Loving is great. This album could go either way for me.

agreed, that second album always puts me to sleep whenever i try to listen to it.

hopefully this continues on the expansiveness that was set on 'In Colours'
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

agreed, that second album always puts me to sleep whenever i try to listen to it.

hopefully this continues on the expansiveness that was set on 'In Colours'

Listening to the new album to and from work today and I have to say that I'm impressed with it.

Luckily they've steered away from Coexist and decided to expand their sound instead which has worked a lot better on here. There are brighter sounding tracks similar to In Colours and a couple muted ones closer to the debut... but yeah, I'm liking it.