The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The English dub is garbage
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok now that was a great episode. Gohan showed out
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a dope ep. They actually explained why Gohan didn't just wreck dude and then his realization that he was holding back too much.

It wasn't necessary to see Gohan come from behind but it was a dope story told in it.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Videl is a true ride or die.

Gohan is the man. This episode reminded me of his Cell days, not for the fight scenes, but his poise and putting his family on his back when it mattered most.

And next week we get even more retro goodness with Krillin.

Fillers > DB Super
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this episode was funny as hell
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I need a wife like videl. She holds this ? down
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know we all have our own different opinions, but wtf were yall watching that made yall think that this was a 'great' episode? Even Goku himself said that he feel asleep on this ? .

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know we all have our own different opinions, but wtf were yall watching that made yall think that this was a 'great' episode? Even Goku himself said that he feel asleep on this ? .

That ? was garbage gohan turned a suppressed super saiyan.
    #Badwriting

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    that ep was weak
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hell, I thought it was a cool ep.

jreno2.jpg
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol got guys in here forcing themselves to like filler eps
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Beta wrote: »
    lol got guys in here forcing themselves to like filler eps

Or maybe the actually like the episode?
  • gemini86
    Nah the ep was cool for what it was. It was better than last week and I like how Videl acted in that situation where Barry tried to ? up his relationship.
  • jono
    ? want other characters to do stuff "UGH its the Goku and Vegeta show!!!!!!!! UGH" so they do stuff with other characters and there's still ? .

[sarcasm]Its almost like you intend to ? regardless. [/sarcasm]

All of this ? is the preparations for the tournament and character spotlighting. We see Gohan's motivations and realizing what he has to do when the chips are down. Next week we will probably see something similar with Krillin.

It is what it is. This ? is ain't The Godfather
  • funkdocdamc
    jono wrote: »
    ? want other characters to do stuff "UGH its the Goku and Vegeta show!!!!!!!! UGH" so they do stuff with other characters and there's still ? .

All of this ? is the preparations for the tournament and character spotlighting. We see Gohan's motivations and realizing what he has to do when the chips are down. Next week we will probably see something similar with Krillin.

Is it or ain't? Make up your mind.

Nobody has a problem with the show highlighting other characters, I have a problem with the writers giving them ? episodes to be highlighted in. I'm pretty sure everybody would love to see Gohan return to being a beast. ? around as Great Saiyaman isn't gonna achieve that. Goku is like Ryu and at this point, Gohan is like Dan Hibiki, a joke character. Jaco called this man 'the kind of mediocre son of Goku' and the actress said "He does look kind of mediocre". In the previous episode, Jaco said about Gohan, "How come he is so popular when he's so lame". The writers not even giving him respect lol.
    All of this ? is the preparations for the tournament and character spotlighting. We see Gohan's motivations and realizing what he has to do when the chips are down. [/b]

When were the chips down? I would understand this statement if he fought against an actual threat, but did you really see Barry as a viable opponent? "Oh ? , Barry is about to give Gohan that work"...said nobody. He was a one episode and done 'villain'. This episode highlighted Videl's character better than Gohan. If anything, Gohan, while in Super Saiyan mode, getting abused by an non-transformed Frieza should have been the eye opener.

I'm not trying to ? , I just want better for Gohan. In the next episode with Krillin training to get stronger, it makes a lot more sense in developing the character for the tournament arc than Gohan prancing around as a stunt man for a movie.
  • jono

Nobody has a problem with the show highlighting other characters, I have a problem with the writers giving them ? episodes to be highlighted in. I'm pretty sure everybody would love to see Gohan return to being a beast. ? around as Great Saiyaman isn't gonna achieve that. Goku is like Ryu and at this point, Gohan is like Dan Hibiki, a joke character. Jaco called this man 'the kind of mediocre son of Goku' and the actress said "He does look kind of mediocre". In the previous episode, Jaco said about Gohan, "How come he is so popular when he's so lame". The writers not even giving him respect lol.
    Its okay for a character to not be a battle junkie like everyone else on the show. Its almost like you haven't followed the Gohan character at all. He has always been goofy and harmless to point.

Gohan has never been this character people imagine he was, when pushed too far and with no other option he steps up but other than than Gohan been chillin doing him.
    Right now, Gohan is a family man...not a fight junkie. I expect him to behave like a proper family man, and he does.

He doesn't want to be involved in that ? . That's not his life, constantly ? and whining when if you have been following the character you'd know better is pointless.

All of this ? is the preparations for the tournament and character spotlighting. We see Gohan's motivations and realizing what he has to do when the chips are down. [/b]

When were the chips down? I would understand this statement if he fought against an actual threat, but did you really see Barry as a viable opponent? "Oh ? , Barry is about to give Gohan that work"...said nobody. He was a one episode and done 'villain'. This episode highlighted Videl's character better than Gohan. If anything, Gohan, while in Super Saiyan mode, getting abused by an non-transformed Frieza should have been the eye opener.

I'm not trying to ? , I just want better for Gohan. In the next episode with Krillin training to get stronger, it makes a lot more sense in developing the character for the tournament arc than Gohan prancing around as a stunt man for a movie.

Again you missing the point. Gohan went out of his way to not ? Barry and in doing so took a lot of unnecessary damage because he didn't want his child watching death like he had to.

When left with no other choice and not seeing any other way he had to wreck Barry. Barry wasn't a threat to him but he was a threat to his family. That is what Gohan cares about not what people think about him or fighting villains, he's NOT A FIGHTER.

How can you fetishize DBZ so much and miss what 16's speech was about? That is the essence of the Gohan character, those are the circumstances in which Gohan needs to tap into his power and his will to fight. It doesn't exist in DBS (yet), he's not involved in the ? .

Gotdamn, DBS has been going on over a year now. Its time to start paying attention to the story the show is telling instead of ? that its not Z. All the characters (with the exception of Goku) have grown up and they do other ? , Gohan is doing other ? .

Great Saiyaman is supposed to be corny and goofy but the point is that Gohan likes it. To him its fun and his daughter and wife like it too, and not to get all "meta" on the subject but if someone is making a movie about it...then he did something right.

It just exists as an extension of his personality, what he thinks is fun and cool. I hope he's the Great Saiyaman the entire Universe Tournament arc just to see how many of these goofs ? themselves having to see it.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its okay for a character to not be a battle junkie like everyone else on the show. Its almost like you haven't followed the Gohan character at all. He has always been goofy and harmless to point.

Gohan has never been this character people imagine he was, when pushed too far and with no other option he steps up but other than than Gohan been chillin doing him.
    Right now, Gohan is a family man...not a fight junkie. I expect him to behave like a proper family man, and he does.

He doesn't want to be involved in that ? . That's not his life, constantly ? and whining when if you have been following the character you'd know better is pointless.

Again you missing the point. Gohan went out of his way to not ? Barry and in doing so took a lot of unnecessary damage because he didn't want his child watching death like he had to.

When left with no other choice and not seeing any other way he had to wreck Barry. Barry wasn't a threat to him but he was a threat to his family. That is what Gohan cares about not what people think about him or fighting villains, he's NOT A FIGHTER.

How can you fetishize DBZ so much and miss what 16's speech was about? That is the essence of the Gohan character, those are the circumstances in which Gohan needs to tap into his power and his will to fight. It doesn't exist in DBS (yet), he's not involved in the ? .

Gotdamn, DBS has been going on over a year now. Its time to start paying attention to the story the show is telling instead of ? that its not Z. All the characters (with the exception of Goku) have grown up and they do other ? , Gohan is doing other ? .

Great Saiyaman is supposed to be corny and goofy but the point is that Gohan likes it. To him its fun and his daughter and wife like it too, and not to get all "meta" on the subject but if someone is making a movie about it...then he did something right.

It just exists as an extension of his personality, what he thinks is fun and cool.
    I hope he's the Great Saiyaman the entire Universe Tournament arc just to see how many of these goofs ? themselves having to see it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGUS7u5h1w
  • funkdocdamc

It just exists as an extension of his personality, what he thinks is fun and cool. I hope he's the Great Saiyaman the entire Universe Tournament arc just to see how many of these goofs ? themselves having to see it.

Again, it's the villain. Who thought Gohan would ? infected Barry? Gohan didn't go out of his way to not ? him, it was pretty much the only option (if you know Gohan), so him not killing Barry is not surprising or unexpected. You're right, Gohan isn't a fighter, he's a protector and always has been. Again, not a shock since he's basically been doing that his whole existence.

I never once said anything about DBZ, so...yeah. Gohan being a beast doesn't have anything to do with him seeking out battles like Goku and Vegeta, I just don't expect him to struggle against clown characters. You even said it yourself that it wasn't necessary to have Gohan come from behind. The writers basically weakened him for no other reason than to tell that episodes story...that's called bad writing. I don't hate Great Saiyaman, just the situations the writers put him in. I saw this two-part filler as a waste of time because it didn't show/tell us anything new about Gohan, it didn't advance the plot [but that's obvious, because it's a filler], and it wasn't funny or entertaining (IMO, of course)...three strikes. It highlighted Videl's character, but we already knew these things about Gohan. I get it, Gohan is a family man and puts his family first over training/fighting and only gets powered up to protect those closest to him, but this was already established in earlier episodes.

You liked the filler? Cool. I didn't like the filler. Cool. Let's just leave it at that. Oh, and Gohan as Great Saiyaman in the tournament arc is completely different from Great Saiyaman fighting giant lent monsters. Sorry for the long posts.
  • jono

It just exists as an extension of his personality, what he thinks is fun and cool.
    I hope he's the Great Saiyaman the entire Universe Tournament arc just to see how many of these goofs ? themselves having to see it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGUS7u5h1w

Checkmate
  • gemini86
    Gohan Vs Hit in the tournament. ? it. Let's go
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gemini86 wrote: »
    Gohan Vs Hit in the tournament. ? it. Let's go

That ? 's gonna get washed >_>
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭