Reactions To Trump's Attack On John Lewis: ‘Your Ignorance Is Astounding’...

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    Copper wrote: »
    The real Marcus Garvey would be a conservative if he was alive today and the black people on this message board would hate him for it.

This old guy said something that was politically f****** stupid and dangerous for black people

How is it possible to get dumber by the day?

You really are a blind brainwashed ? and you have my sympathies..... you don't even realize how your positions are so f****** stupid, inaccurate, unhealthy and childish

You the weakest most groveling cowardly pseudo intellectual ? ass ? breathing
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call it how I see it, no ? given for your feelings.

Trump is and was a racist (housing discrimination, black accountant comment, etc)
    And John Lewis shouldn't be questioning Trump legitimacy, it's the same ? the GOP did to Barack.

The election votes weren't hacked, Hillary lost Michigan, Penn, and Wisonsin by a total of 80,000. You can do an autopsy of why it happened - Russian propaganda, Obamas appointment of Comey, Lynch's meeting with Bill, and Hillarys inability to connect with black (black turnout down) and redneck white people.

Look at you guys - emotional
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is0g1im36ma5.gif

@zzombie are u available for birthday parties also?

I'm not impressed by your gifs or your corny jokes
  • Copper
    Tell rob to get back to sucking adam sandlers ? and ? off
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real Marcus Garvey would be a conservative if he was alive today and the black people on this message board would hate him for it.

This old guy said something that was politically f****** stupid and dangerous for black people

You really are a blind brainwashed ? and you have my sympathies..... you don't even realize how your positions are so f****** stupid, inaccurate, unhealthy and childish

Stop sucking the white man's ? you no brain having idiot and learn to think for yourself
  • Copper

Stop sucking the white man's ?

This tactic is straight out of the republican handbook. Accuse someone of doing the exact thing you're doing.

I defend john lewis stance he defends trump and the party of the ? and throws claims of sucking white mans ? .

He has the white mans hypocrisy, deflection and faggotry down to a science
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/john-lewis-racist-pig-gwinnett-commissioner-writes-facebook/EBv0efqsyNlqYNyJnv4uFN/
    John Lewis ‘a racist pig,’ Gwinnett commissioner writes on Facebook

tommhunter.jpg

On Saturday, two days before Martin Luther King Jr. Day, one of Gwinnett County’s highest elected officials took to his personal Facebook page to call United States Rep. John Lewis “a racist pig.”

The post — in which Tommy Hunter, a Republican on the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners, also referred to “Demonrats” as “a bunch of idiots” — came amid turmoil between Lewis and president-elect Donald Trump. That started Friday, when Lewis, a Civil Rights icon and friend of Martin Luther King Jr., told NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ that he didn’t view Trump as “a legitimate president.”

Trump then responded on Twitter, calling Lewis “all talk” and proclaiming his Congressional district — which includes most of the city of Atlanta — to be “in terrible shape and falling apart.”

Hunter, whose Gwinnett district lies many miles east of Lewis’ congressional one, posted his thoughts on Facebook late Saturday afternoon.

hunterlewis1.jpg

A recent Facebook post from Gwinnett County Commissioner Tommy Hunter. Facebook screenshot

Hunter addressed Lewis on Facebook again on Sunday afternoon, calling his election wins “all illegitimate.”

hunterlewis2.jpg

A recent Facebook post from Gwinnett County Commissioner Tommy Hunter.

He later posted an image that included this phrase: “If you’re easily offended and looking for a ‘safe place’ my page ain’t it.. Move along snowflake.”

Sometime shortly before 11 a.m. Monday, however, the “racist pig” post was no longer on Hunter’s timeline. The page’s privacy settings also appeared to be changed, but the other posts mentioned above were still visible to “friends” and “followers” — along with additional posts mocking U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson, asking if there were “any white guys" on the University of Alabama’s football team and criticizing Gov. Nathan Deal’s decision to declare a state of emergency ahead of last weekend’s ultimately uneventful winter storm.

In November, he used the word “libtard” in a comment on one of his own Facebook posts.

Many Facebook users commented on Hunter’s posts Monday in support of the commissioner. Others took the opposite route, calling him disparaging names or urging him to “stay classy.”

Reached Monday morning, Hunter said his “racist pig” comment was “probably an overreaction out of aggravation” — but he didn’t back down from the rest of his message.

He also defended Trump, saying the president-elect isn’t racist and downplaying reports of Russian hacking possibly influencing the election.

“While I am grateful for what the Congressman did in Selma and other times during the civil rights movement, you get respect by showing respect,” Hunter wrote in a Facebook message to a reporter from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He is using his fame as a way to continually divide the races and in this case standing on the very much unsubstantiated claim that the guy I voted for [Trump] is racist and only won because of Russians hacking the election—which, of course, we all know didn't occur.”

“So, true to exactly what the political pundits said would happen, he makes the claim that Trump, and all of us that voted for him, are illegitimate,” Hunter’s message continued. “Therefore I claim [Lewis] is illegitimate and make just as many unsubstantiated claims as [Trump] does. After all, in today's world, it's not about the evidence, but the seriousness of the charges.

Hunter, the vice president of a local environmental testing firm, was first elected to Gwinnett’s Board of Commissioners in 2012 and narrowly won re-election in November. Prior to his time on the board, Hunter worked in the county’s department of public utilities and served on its water and sewage authority (2005-09) and its planning commission (2011-12).

He represents District 3, which covers a wide (and diverse) swath of southern and eastern Gwinnett, including parts of Snellville, Loganville, Grayson and Dacula.

Though much of suburban Gwinnett remains staunchly Republican, Hillary Clinton won the county in November’s presidential election. It was the first time a Democrat took Gwinnett since Jimmy Carter in 1976.

Gwinnett is the second-most populous county in Georgia. It’s also a majority-minority county, meaning non-white residents account for more than half of its population.

Hunter’s fellow commissioners did not immediately respond to requests for comment Monday morning, nor did several other local, state and federal politicians with Gwinnett ties.

Georgia State Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick, a Democrat whose District 93 touches part of Hunter’s Gwinnett territory, shared her thoughts on Twitter.

Gabe Okoye, chairman of the Gwinnett Democratic Party, called Hunter “a disgrace to Gwinnett County in particular and Georgia in general.” He called for the commissioner to apologize for his comments.

Shortly after sending his comments to a reporter, Hunter took to Facebook again — this time to wish his followers a “Happy MLK Day.”

huntermlk.jpg

A recent Facebook post from Gwinnett County Commissioner Tommy Hunter.

Gwinnett County’s annual parade celebrating the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. was held Monday morning in Lawrenceville.

The county’s Board of Commissioners meets Tuesday.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump is and was a racist (housing discrimination, black accountant comment, etc)
    And John Lewis shouldn't be questioning Trump legitimacy, it's the same ? the GOP did to Barack.

The election votes weren't hacked, Hillary lost Michigan, Penn, and Wisonsin by a total of 80,000. You can do an autopsy of why it happened - Russian propaganda, Obamas appointment of Comey, Lynch's meeting with Bill, and Hillarys inability to connect with black (black turnout down) and redneck white people.

FOREIGN INFLUENCE TO NEGATIVELY AFFECT CLINTONS CHANCES. Not actual hacking of voting machines. The fact that Putin did this to increse Trumps chances of winning gives Lewis validity in his claims. How is that hard for you trump supporters to understand.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Huey_C wrote: »

FOREIGN INFLUENCE TO NEGATIVELY AFFECT CLINTONS CHANCES. Not actual hacking of voting machines. The fact that Putin did this to increse Trumps chances of winning gives Lewis validity in his claims. How is that hard for you trump supporters to understand.

Americans and Russians have been playing this game for years, how many times you think America has peddled propoganda in other countries elections?
    Don't be naive
    People went out and voted how they felt. Deal with it.

Not a trump supporter but stop the inmaturity
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Especially after how Trump and his paople have acted the last 8 years what Lewis said is well within the bounds of fair considering circumstances. People aint just gonna forget and say nothing about him haha. Funny how things go. He talked about Obama with lies and baseless accusations Now Trump is in that position. Now its turned to him he's in the seat Obama was in. With way more truth and ammunition against him. Nobody's gonna stop talking about him either so forget that that aint happening.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Especially after how Trump and his paople have acted the last 8 years what Lewis said is well within the bounds of fair considering circumstances. People aint just gonna forget and say nothing about him haha. Funny how things go. He talked about Obama with lies and baseless accusations Now Trump is in that position. Now its turned to him he's in the seat Obama was in. With way more truth and ammunition against him. Nobody's gonna stop talking about him either so forget that that aint happening.
    You won't have to call him illegimate for him to fail. I'm convinced he's gonna make an ass of himself. He's unqualified and doesn't have the right temperament to be president
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Lewis knows information about Russia hacking that the general population do not know about.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can be real weird. Were people asleep during the long campaign season? This is how he acted. So unless people wanted this for President, it was important to vote. What happened? People sat out and didnt feel it was important enough. Now those people cant understand how he won. Does that make any sense? Because it never did to me.
    Where are the "it doesnt matter who wins" people now? That was always a lie and nonsense to a laughable degree.

Not voting had nothing to do with him being president. Same with Obama. All this ? is fixed. Wake up.
  • NoCompetition
    People can be real weird. Were people asleep during the long campaign season? This is how he acted. So unless people wanted this for President, it was important to vote. What happened? People sat out and didnt feel it was important enough. Now those people cant understand how he won. Does that make any sense? Because it never did to me.
    Where are the "it doesnt matter who wins" people now? That was always a lie and nonsense to a laughable degree.

Not voting had nothing to do with him being president. Same with Obama. All this ? is fixed. Wake up.

You say it had nothing to do with it, I say it had everything to do with it. I see your approach, why try cause its fixed and you lose, whatever. You can say that about anything. Getting a job and whatever else. Im employed cause i didnt give up. etc. Im not like that and dont and didnt give up. Im not trying to "wake up" because all your saying is "give up" dont vote well how did that turn out last time? No Im not giving up my right and voice so ? that right now thats you not me.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes you have to put aside accuracy to get to the truth...

It sets a horrible precedent to challenge Trump's legitimacy after he has been elected.

This is bigger than this bigoted bafoon and this is bigger than the next 4 years...

We can argue why it shouldn't have happened in the first place and ensure that it doesent happen again ...

But, nevertheless, WE THE PEOPLE legitimately voted that man into that office.

We had our chance to prevent this in November... we chose not to take it.

We can oppose everything Trump stands for ...

And to the extent that it continues to be utter nonsense- WE SHOULD. But we shouldn't oppose the office itself... and the legitimacy of our Democracy.

We have to respect that.

Because opposing that means opposing ourselves and the institutions that support this nation.

No progress can come from that.

All That said - yeah, Trump needs to stop being a ? and start acting like an adult ...

An adult who is about to run the country.

That's his responsibility ... and it's our responsiblty to ENSURE that he does - to the extent that we can.

• VulcanRaven

You say it had nothing to do with it, I say it had everything to do with it. I see your approach, why try cause its fixed and you lose, whatever. You can say that about anything. Getting a job and whatever else. Im employed cause i didnt give up. etc. Im not like that and dont and didnt give up. Im not trying to "wake up" because all your saying is "give up" dont vote well how did that turn out last time? No Im not giving up my right and voice so ? that right now thats you not me.

All I ask are where are the positive results from Obama being president or any other Democrat? I voted for Obama the first time and realized I wasted my time. You think the only way to change things is to vote for a president, which makes you closed minded and dependent on someone else making things better for you. yeah, that's not how I think. Yup.
  • VulcanRaven
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    BTW, Trump's disrespect of John Lewis is ? embarrassing and unacceptable.

This guy has the temperament of a 5 yr old.

I still can't believe anyone would vote him to be president.

He should be sitting down and having a conversation with Lewis like an adult and finding common ground.

But he is a confrontational ? and he should have never been considered as a Prediential Candidate.
    Then you don't know the USA. The government is full of people worse than Trump. You are just falling for the dog and pony show.
  • NoCompetition

All I ask are where are the positive results from Obama being president or any other Democrat? I voted for Obama the first time and realized I wasted my time. You think the only way to change things is to vote for a president, which makes you closed minded and dependent on someone else making things better for you. yeah, that's not how I think. Yup.

Your assuming too much. I never said "the only way to change things is to vote for a President" its simple exercising your choice and voice. Otherwise you relenquish it to who knows who. The rest is inaccurate and your assuming too much. Voting doesnt mean any of those things but its better than giving up and giving your vote to someone else to do with as they choose. There is no way around that. It doesnt take that much to vote. Employers and whatnot even accomodate you. Not voting equals auto losing. Thats all I'll say on that got things to do.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your assuming too much. I never said "the only way to change things is to vote for a President" its simple exercising your choice and voice. Otherwise you relenquish it to who knows who. The rest is inaccurate and your assuming too much. Voting doesnt mean any of those things but its better than giving up and giving your vote to someone else to do with as they choose. There is no way around that. It doesnt take that much to vote. Employers and whatnot even accomodate you. Not voting equals auto losing. Thats all I'll say on that got things to do.

He's a hopeless and depressed Ravens fan ,pay this fool no mind.