124»

Comments

• Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    reasonable doubt is better imo
    Jay's poetic interpretations on RD are way beyond Tupac's ? on All Eyez On Me.
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    RD!

AEOM had a bunch of filler songs. It was all over the place. Compare it to BP2 if anything.
    RD, more complete....
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Reasonable Doubt
    Jay was in rare form. His Rookie album >>> Pac's 4th Solo
    I always see people complain about how AEOM either has too many fillers or the features messed up the album. Then them same people label the ? a classic
    Dead Presidents >>>> California Love
    You like to speak in terms of popularity instead of just judging the song. IDC what was "bigger" in terms of impact or popularity. Dead Presidents wasn't made to be an anthem while Cali Love was. Of course a party anthem by a popular rapper who is bigging up a whole state will be bigger. Dead presidents is just more dope.
    California Love is nothing without Roger Troutman. Two non-rapping ass ? not talking about ? behind Troutman's creative thinking
    California love isnt even a top 10 pac song imo..
    LMAO, higher on the charts means better song bruh??

is how low better than still aint forgave myself?
    Ok I see what type of "listener" you are. You'll discuss everything except how the actual song is more dope. Popular = dope to you. No need to discuss this any further.
    I tried to decipher that shet. No luck.

LMAO
    I'm not from California though. So of course I'm not going to feel some ? called California Love like a ? from California would. Can't tell ? that though cause they catch feelings
    Word? What bodega you buy that Kinte clothe from? ? is fly B

Kushington wrote: »
    I am from california and I think rd is one of the best albums of all time, maaaybe the best, based on its cohesive concept, compactness, and the lack of filler material

Cant think of too many other albums with basically no pop ? , I mean you had "aint no ? " but thats not really popish, especially given the time it came out

cali dont ? with jigga heavy like that tho, but for the longest i was tellin ? Jay was better than pac
    Naw B, you got on a purple dashiki with some Evisu jeans
    Reasonable Doubt... Dead presidents > california love....and some white kid is missing his xmas sweater

Aww ? the usual suspects not surprised by these positions...
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? ? must be a hell of a drug. its crazy how these ? ass 90s crackbabies had the ability to remember the release date for RD, drive to the store, pay with money, listen to, study and understood the album at the waterheaded ages of 5 and 6.do you know how phony that sounds LMAO. so while pac making warrior music on AEOM. Jay Z was aiming for the preschool crowd with basic ass RD. now it all makes sense.
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? up here frontin. rd is a boring ? album. no replay value. no bump. no nostalgia. you always gonna remember where you were when u first heard i wont deny it. rd dont have that effect. rd was on nobody radar in 1996. you can let these fake ass jigga warriors whom were born in the 90s try to convince ? that RD is a classic but i lived otherwise. are u ? kiddin me. AEOM was larger than life in 96 like someone knew who a ? jay z was. ? used to call aint no ? foxy brown song. rd not even that official. smh @ these ? calling rd complete. how is it complete when he telling uninspired fake coke raps. ? didnt touch on half of the subjects on AEOM. where is that rider music thats on RD? there aint a ? song on RD that got bump factor for riding in the car. them boring ass beats will put you asleep behind the wheel. no soul in RD. just another failed coke mule trying to make it in rap because he has no life skills anywhere else. ? reasonable doubt

Get tehm Homie...
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD is without a doubt a classic but its not ? with AEOM....AEOM's Disk 1 is better than anything Jay has ever put out
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD>>

both great albums

Would be better to compare bp2 to AEOM

if that was the case

AEOM>>>>
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt - more cohesive, influential and moody work.
  • HipHopFiend91
    HipHopFiend91 Members Posts: 2,394
    edited July 2011
    Options
    RD...AEOM was my least favorite pac album

7 day theory>>>>>>
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Depends on what you want and expect from an album.

All Eyez = More bangers, (arguably) better beats, good songwriting with memorable hooks.
    RD = far better lyrics, storytelling, more insight, more complex,more focus.

You cant just say this or that one is better.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    reasonable doubt

by the way,I think it's funny when ? act like you can't have an opinion on an album if you was young when it came out. that's the dumbest ? I ever heard.
    like ? can't buy an album when they mature,listen to it and appreciate the quality music that's on there
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    All Eyes On Me.
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    Depends on what you want and expect from an album.

All Eyez = More bangers, (arguably) better beats, good songwriting with memorable hooks.
    RD = far better lyrics, storytelling, more insight, more complex,more focus.

You cant just say this or that one is better.
    Are you ? serious? Man this east coast bias ? is running rapid in the IC. Tell you what you put up the songs that made RD better than AEOM and I do the same.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    AEOM

Ambitionz Az a Ridah>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any jay song
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »
    Are you ? serious? Man this east coast bias ? is running rapid in the IC. Tell you what you put up the songs that made RD better than AEOM and I do the same.

so let me get this straight. if you prefer rd then it's regional bias, so what about those that prefer aeom is that west coast bias
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »
    >>>>>>>>>>> Any Song on AEOM

>>>>>>>>> Any Song On AEOM

Plus I went out and Bought AEOM no bias here just an opinion from someone who has both cds
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    no doubt matw>>rd

but rd>>aeom
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    AEOM>>>RD.

I can listen to AEOM from beginning to end. I love RD but it doesn't measure up to AEOM.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    rd.....lyrically far superior
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    lmao @ these pac stans talking about california love when the original wasn't even on the album

I just listened to all eyez on me twice all the way through. it's pac's worst album that he was involved in. a lot of classic joints like ambitionz az a ridah, no more pain, life goes on, I aint mad at cha, wonder why the call you ? , thug passion but a lot of trash like all about u, skandalouz, got my mind made up, california love remix, shorty wanna be a thug etc.
    too many ? guest features. even method man and redman sounded out of place and that snoop callabo wasn't all that.
    pac didn't even sound like himself like he was prior to deathrow. too much of that "death row! "I'm on suge's coattail" ? .

reasonable doubt is jay's masterpiece.

me against the world vs reasonable doubt is far more reasonable.
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ALL EYEZ ON ME WAS A BETTER ALBUM PRODUCTION WISE , LYRICALLY , AND HAD MORE IMPACT ON THE GAME . REASONABLE DOUBT WAS SLEPT ON WHEN IT DROPPED ONE OF JAYS BEST ALBUMS THO .