Reactions To Trump's Attack On John Lewis: ‘Your Ignorance Is Astounding’...

Options
1235»

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    People can be real weird. Were people asleep during the long campaign season? This is how he acted. So unless people wanted this for President, it was important to vote. What happened? People sat out and didnt feel it was important enough. Now those people cant understand how he won. Does that make any sense? Because it never did to me.
    Where are the "it doesnt matter who wins" people now? That was always a lie and nonsense to a laughable degree.

Not voting had nothing to do with him being president. Same with Obama. All this ? is fixed. Wake up.

You say it had nothing to do with it, I say it had everything to do with it. I see your approach, why try cause its fixed and you lose, whatever. You can say that about anything. Getting a job and whatever else. Im employed cause i didnt give up. etc. Im not like that and dont and didnt give up. Im not trying to "wake up" because all your saying is "give up" dont vote well how did that turn out last time? No Im not giving up my right and voice so ? that right now thats you not me.

All I ask are where are the positive results from Obama being president or any other Democrat? I voted for Obama the first time and realized I wasted my time. You think the only way to change things is to vote for a president, which makes you closed minded and dependent on someone else making things better for you. yeah, that's not how I think. Yup.

I don't want to understate this - the economy was really ? up in 2008 - even Europe isn't back yet. Obama ? up the housing policy but the stimulus, extending unemployment benefits, sending stability funds directly to the states helped pull America out of a big ditch
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options

Piers need to worry about his own backyard - Wales and Scotland may exit in our lifetime. Britain gonna sell their soul to be a tax haven after Brexit.

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    BTW, Trump's disrespect of John Lewis is ? embarrassing and unacceptable.

This guy has the temperament of a 5 yr old.

I still can't believe anyone would vote him to be president.

He should be sitting down and having a conversation with Lewis like an adult and finding common ground.

But he is a confrontational ? and he should have never been considered as a Prediential Candidate.
    Then you don't know the USA. The government is full of people worse than Trump. You are just falling for the dog and pony show.

1) From your tone, it sounds like you are at worst a Trump sympathizer ... at best underestimating how bad Trump is for the country ...

2) Reading Comprehension.

I never said that "the government wasn't full of bad people".

I said " I still can't believe anyone would vote him [Donald Trump] to be president".

Are you seriously disagreeing with that statement?

3) Leading the most powerful country in the world ... is not a ... "dog and pony show" ...

It is not a "political campaign" ...

It is a serious ? job with serious ? consequences.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Can't wait till white people stop acting like they care about MLK

MLK's been co-opted. They forget he wanted economic justice as well. Black Americans are still ? poor. proportionate to whites - not much as changed since he died
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another thing that annoys me is when these commentators are saying well MlK son.. barack hillary clinton are saying and doing such and such sooo.. why can't you .. man foh
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Like ive said before if mlk was alive today cacs would be calling him racist and a "race baiter"

Same with Ali! Older whites never respected him until after he got hit with Parkinsons.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Like ive said before if mlk was alive today cacs would be calling him racist and a "race baiter"

White ppl didn't like him when he was alive !
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Truth - minus the protectionism
    Wait, is she defending Donald Trump?

? been soft show coonin' for Trump for some time now

And too chicken ? to just come out and pledge her support for him.

Peeped her FB page and can say Tariq was right about her....
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    The real Marcus Garvey would be a conservative if he was alive today and the black people on this message board would hate him for it.

This old guy said something that was politically f****** stupid and dangerous for black people

How is it possible to get dumber by the day?

Conservatism is a mental disorder
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options