Video: Marc Lamont Hill gets @ a Trump ? on CNN.. denounces him & others as "Mediocre Negros"…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lCqGZGB_Z0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZEM32BL7CU

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnns-marc-lamont-hill-denounces-fellow-panelist-as-mediocre-? -for-defending-trump/
CNN analyst Marc Lamont Hill attacked a fellow panelist Monday for his work on Donald Trump?s National Diversity Coalition, calling him a “mediocre ? ” being manipulated by Trump.

“I love Steve Harvey and I have respect for Steve Harvey and I think his intentions were appropriate, but my disagreement is the way in which he’s being used by folk like Donald Trump,” Hill said.

“They keep bringing up comedians and and actors athletes to represent black interests. It’s demeaning, it’s disrespectful, and it’s condescending,” he continued. “Bring some people up there with expertise Donald Trump, don’t just bring up people to entertain.”

“You weren’t even there…” responded Bruce LeVell, a member of Trump’s diversity team. “Pastor Darryl Scott, Mike Cohen, they are in the process of bringing all types of people from all over the country, from all different backgrounds. Remember the diversity coalition where we reached out to all different types of people?”

“Yeah, it was a bunch of mediocre Negroes being dragged in front of TV as a photo-op for Donald Trump’s exploitative campaign against black people. And you are an example of that,” Hill shot back.

Unsurprisingly, the conversation immediately devolved into shouting. “I’m not name-calling,” Hill insisted.

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't this the same ? that thinks Malcolm X was ? ???
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen the whole thing! They ethered that man's soul.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again, why is it ok for white, latino, muslim, ? people to work with Trump to further their agendas.....but we got all these mouthpieces shaming anyone black for doing it?

Trump is the president, so we can either sit back for 4-8 years and watch every other group make deals for their causes except us, or hold him to his word and finally improve the infrastructure in our communities. Dumb ?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of society is medicore
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again, why is it ok for white, latino, muslim, ? people to work with Trump to further their agendas.....but we got all these mouthpieces shaming anyone black for doing it?

Trump is the president, so we can either sit back for 4-8 years and watch every other group make deals for their causes except us, or hold him to his word and finally improve the infrastructure in our communities. Dumb ?

Black people sat back for the past eight years under Obama and watched other groups make deals for their causes so why should it be any different under trump?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ole boy caught hella feelings at the end lol
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

You have to look at the paople being consulted for "advice" on the Black life in America. Does Kanye have knowledge of unfair policing in St.Louis , Mo? Does Steve Harvey have knowledge of the unfair housing prejudices in Birmingham, AL? I'm pretty sure Omorosa can tell the president the plight of Blacks in Louisville, KY , and has some solutions that she worked the people there to develop. None of the Blacks he is consulting has any rapport with the very Black people he "wants to help".

For the most part he's chosen negros that can entertain him, not educate him.

This was Mark's exact point..
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clarke is black? He looks like a cac with a tan. Probably how he wants it anyway.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options

You have to look at the paople being consulted for "advice" on the Black life in America. Does Kanye have knowledge of unfair policing in St.Louis , Mo? Does Steve Harvey have knowledge of the unfair housing prejudices in Birmingham, AL? I'm pretty sure Omorosa can tell the president the plight of Blacks in Louisville, KY , and has some solutions that she worked the people there to develop. None of the Blacks he is consulting has any rapport with the very Black people he "wants to help".

Harvey was chosen by Obama's transition team and has actually been involved with this for a long time.The goal was/is for him to work with Ben Carson and that department to help struggling areas. And while I completely agree with you on wanting to see more intellectuals meeting Trump, we can't ignore the fact that most kiss the ass of Democrats. If someone like Jim Brown who put in 50+ years of activism can be called a ? , who else will even try. Yet another reason why we should be independents since neither party has ever been for us.

My big fear is that everyone will be shamed into not even trying to work with Trump, and we'll be left out in the cold politically yet a ? again. We have $1 trillion in economic power, and active voices all over the place, but haven't done ? with it since the 60's. King worked with LBJ, JFK, and Nixon for a reason, all of whom were no friends to us. If Trump doesn't come through then call him out, but to not even try is ? for us as a whole.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

Black people sat back for the past eight years under Obama and watched other groups make deals for their causes so why should it be any different under trump?

You can add Bush, Clinton, and Reagan to that list too. I'm just tired of this ? . We went from a non-partisan movement that had the greatest social change in history, to......kissing the ass of one party that has never done ? for us, and another that doesn't give a damn about us. Trump went after illegals the hardest but I can guarantee you latinos won't shun him sending funds to help their communities.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Harvey was chosen by Obama's transition team and has actually been involved with this for a long time.The goal was/is for him to work with Ben Carson and that department to help struggling areas. And while I completely agree with you on wanting to see more intellectuals meeting Trump, we can't ignore the fact that most kiss the ass of Democrats. If someone like Jim Brown who put in 50+ years of activism can be called a ? , who else will even try. Yet another reason why we should be independents since neither party has ever been for us.

My big fear is that everyone will be shamed into not even trying to work with Trump, and we'll be left out in the cold politically yet a ? again. We have $1 trillion in economic power, and active voices all over the place, but haven't done ? with it since the 60's. King worked with LBJ, JFK, and Nixon for a reason, all of whom were no friends to us. If Trump doesn't come through then call him out, but to not even try is ? for us as a whole.

I see where you are coming from on a few areas. Neither party was designed with Blacks or the well being of Blacks in mind, so I agree, I could never call myself a Democrat or Republican.

When it comes to Trump, you need people that will not be swayed, bought, or in it for self. You need people that have been in the trenches, that can be a conduit for the people. People that will stand on their beliefs and fire back at Trump and his team if they try to buy them off.

There is a difference in working FOR Trump and working With Trump, and even then we need to watch the direction of compromise and agreed areas to help with.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt the AL rukens get ? done cuz thru controlingd the black vote? so people gave them what they wanted in one way or another
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Harvey was chosen by Obama's transition team and has actually been involved with this for a long time.

The Obama Transition team and the White House Press Secretary Josh Ernest did not confirm this or corroborate any of the ? Harvey said.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Seen the whole thing! They ethered that man's soul.

Lank?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Black people sat back during the Obama Years ??? the ? you mediocre negroes talking about ?

"Obama has done nothing for ... "

Nevermind. Y'all got it.

I'm all cliched' out today.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree one shouldn't be thinking entertainers are delegates for black folks.