Jim Brown to John Lewis: 'Don’t cry the blues' on Donald Trump…

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ksxp1t227ymo.gif

Ok... now I gotta admit Jim Brown on that ? ? . I didn't wanna believe it in that other thread

Yeah, I heard good things bout dude. Wanted to give him a chance, but.... it ain't looking good.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

That's exactly what I'm saying though, we really aren't intertwined with any party. Dems control pretty much every major black communities in the country, and what do we have to show for it? That's why I posted the Malcolm quote earlier int he thread, we shouldn't align ourselves with any political party since both the Dem and GOP goal is to please the white majority, not us. MLK worked with Nixon not because he trust the guy 100%, but because having black voices in the ear of the president is powerful. We should want more, not less talking with Trump.Brown voted Hillary, spent 50 years working in communities, and yet simply meeting with Trump about helping erases his legacy. I don't get why we do this ? to our own, its shameful as ? . And John Lewis's legacy speaks for itself, but that doesn't mean another man can't question him about playing politics. We're being played like a violin[/quote]

To answer this question^^(quote issue) What do "we" have to show for it? My life is awesome. Im in a climate controlled building bettering myself. Working on major projects (for me). Im employed. The community where Im from in metro ATL is full of black professionals and entrepreneurs. All it does is grow with people wanting to move there. Trump would be surprised its a boomtown like few others. It has crime and homelessness too but thats not close to the whole story.Reality isnt right wing talking points...
    I agree about meeting with Trump and dont have a problem with adressing issues and concerns to the President elect. Doesnt make sense to have a problem with that in and of itself. Its not about the Democrats just because but If one party includes more people from communities like yours and has a platform that more aligns with your personal vision than the other, who are people going to prefer. There are real reasons people tend to prefer one party over the other regardless.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To answer this question^^(quote issue) What do "we" have to show for it? My life is awesome. Im in a climate controlled building bettering myself. Working on major projects (for me). Im employed. The community where Im from in metro ATL is full of black professionals and entrepreneurs. All it does is grow with people wanting to move there. Trump would be surprised its a boomtown like few others. It has crime and homelessness too but thats not close to the whole story.Reality isnt right wing talking points...
    I agree about meeting with Trump and dont have a problem with adressing issues and concerns to the President elect. Doesnt make sense to have a problem with that in and of itself. Its not about the Democrats just because but If one party includes more people from communities like yours and has a platform that more aligns with your personal vision than the other, who are people going to prefer. There are real reasons people tend to prefer one party over the other regardless.
    But all those things came from you and yours, not the Dems. Which goes back to Malcolm's point about doing for ourselves. We should hold both parties responsible, but shouldn't blindly support either because that just leads to them not doing ? for us. No matter who's in the White House, or the Governor's house, or City Hall, we should always make our influence felt.

• Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But all those things came from you and yours, NOT the Dems.

Trillions of systemic decisions and associated consequences building off of each other ...
    and taking place over decades ... centuries.

By extension - LIFE ...

Does not exist as binary absolutism inside of a vaccum.

As ... ALL or NOTHING

To presume that an entity as far-reaching as a major political party ... in the country that you live in has had absolutely NOTHING positive to do ... with you or anyone other American's life experience...

Is more than hyperbolic.

Frankly ... it's a pretty stupid ? thing to say.

We can "do for ourselves" as Malcom advocated ...

without completely ignoring blatant political and societal realities; and the role that government plays in our day to day lives.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim Brown is ? 80 years old. Leave him alone.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's gets one pass from me. That's the least he can have for all the real ? over the years.

That being said, JIm Brown the GOAT out here ? up.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end is near for Jim Brown
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ... but don't call him a ? tho.

Matter of fact, due to some people being "tired" of hearing that word, don't call anyone a ? , not even if they're cooning.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    ... but don't call him a ? tho.

Matter of fact, due to some people being "tired" of hearing that word, don't call anyone a ? , not even if they're cooning.

I never typed the word so much in my life.. i use to always say Nas made that ? fashionable and ? were using it and attributing it to people erroneously but ever since his candidacy its been a Coonami of fuckery.. and its been apropos
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean we talked about this in another thread a few weeks back. Jim Brown met with Trump and ppl here defended JB when we called this ? out for cooning for Donald. Real ? here already KNEW what time it was. But you got a selective few here that will defend these ? and deflect like "what really is a ? ?" "Yall dont know the definition of a ? ?" "Every black ppl should meet with the president". Lonious Monk is prime example of this ? apologizing
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm telling y'all I have seen Jim Brown a lot lately around the city. The unveiled his statute in front of the stadium this year. If y'all don't know Cleveland has a strong contingent of black activist here. They avoided that Jim Brown ceremony like the plague. Real heads been known what's up with him man. He's gone.

And I don't give a ? how over used some of y'all think the word ? is. Jim Brown is a ? .
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I really want to blame this on dementia.

But damn

THE REAL James Brown rollin over in his grave
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Wow shut the ? up. You act like he's a 12 year old kid. No one gives a ? how old he is. You say ignorant ? you will get clowned. 80 years old, ? outta here with that ? .
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mldardy wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »

Wow shut the ? up. You act like he's a 12 year old kid. No one gives a ? how old he is. You say ignorant ? you will get clowned. 80 years old, ? outta here with that ? .

And you act like he didn't play a sport that is known for causing trauma to the head and he's at an age where cognitive function takes a steep decline.

I dunno... maybe try to be a little more charitable in views of someone who is old as ? dirt who has done more for African Americans than you ever could.

"wow" right before "shut the ? up" comes off has hella feminine btw. No dis If u are feminine tho, I just assumed thats not what you're going for.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Malcolm got quotes for days that explain the 2017 ? mentality...

man..
    read his book of u wanna be mind ? ..

aint ? changed but the date.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no comment about Jim Brown..

but im not in total disagreeance wit him. lol
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I respect jim brown for this...hes always been a real one imo

Ppl only want heroes that will agree with them all the time...so i respect him for going against the grain despite the fact he will personally lose some of his 'status'...

Hes doing what he feels will help black ppl the best...i disagree with him but if anybody has earned the right to have another perspective its him...

Hes by far the greatest player in nfl history and has a tremendous case for being the greatest athlete in american history...but hes not universally seen as either...only because he wouldnt do the song and dance for white corporations and literally devoted his life to advancing the cause of blacks...

JB is gonna keep it real...we need those who are official to give dissenting opinions
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Time to bring jim browns long history of spousal abuse past to the light

I was wondering if that would ever come up