Hip-HopDX - Biggie Ain't The GOAT

Comments

• Ether44mag
    Ether44mag Members Posts: 890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    There's no unanimous goat in hip hop.

That's the main point. There's no one general consensus choice for the title of GOAT, tho the Mt. Rushmore of Hip-hop has been generally accepted over the last 15 years as:

BIG
    Pac
    Nas
    Jay

I personally think Rakim Allah should be on that Mt, but that's just me....

Agree and c/s on Rakim

? off course pac cant be on the MT Rushmore over Rakim and Big daddy kane

Rakim
    Big daddy kane
    Kool G Rap
    Krs One

Those 4 names are the architects of Modern Rap without these 4 guys (5th one would be Slick Rick) Biggie,Nas, Jay z ,big pun ,Ice Cube etc would have no one to help them mold their own styles. now of course career wise they are not the 4 biggest but 90% of rappers are their Sons (6th could be LL)
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For his time he was and we don't have to pretend like his tracks are the best for the rest of time. People getting way too mad about lists like they matter.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Its called an opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree either way.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Nas 1a and Big 1b best ever period

you smoking ?
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BIG IS DEFINITELY TOP 5 BUT NOT GOAT .HES STILL BETTER THAN EVERY ARTIST RHYMING TODAY DAMN NEAR.I LIKED PAC MORE THO .BIG WAS MAD ILL WISH WE COULD HAVE SEEN HIM GROW UP AND MATURE.ITS HARD TO PICK A GOAT THERE HAVE BEEN A GOOD BIT OF GREAT ARTIST IN THERE PRIME IN HIPHOP.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Z the GOAT
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. ? out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

haa at big never having a wack verse
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    BIG's argument for GOAT or top 3 is cemented because his 2 albums were THAT great, not good. Folks tried to bite the structures of those albums well after he passed. BIG never spit a wack verse. ? out here tryin to disrespect talkin Kendrick is better. BIG (alive, keyword) never put out a mediocre tape of Unfinished B-Sides and pass it off as this great album.

Say what you want to about Kendrick ... he hasn't said some ? like this:

" When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
    You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's ? "

Ain't no ? in the universe that fine. If so ? had to keep her for himself. LOL!

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Word...

"...Three ? in one room, first time I was tossed...”

“Sing About Me I’m Dying Of Thirst”
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »

Word...

:lol::bawling::lol:
    U know u cant compare kendrick spitting from a female characters pov to Biggie talking about sucking ? from his own pov
  • achewon87
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Word...

U know u cant compare kendrick spitting from a female characters pov to Biggie talking about sucking ? from his own pov

Rofl...

But you can compare a Richard Pryor joke...

Gotcha...
  • TheGOAT

Word...

Rofl...

Gotcha...

Richard Pryor actually sucked ? before in his real life

Pryors joke was based on his actual life experiences

? is a hell of a drug
  • achewon87

Word...

Rofl...

Gotcha...

Richard Pryor actually sucked ? before in his real life

Pryors joke was based on his actual life experiences

? is a hell of a drug

I know...
  • Midwest_Journalist

Word...

Exactly. LMAO!!!!
  • TheGOAT
    Next thing u know ppl gonna start caping for Mister Cee because "Well, Eddie Murphy got pulled over with that ? prostitute in his ride"
  • ikesmood
    ikesmood Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    not with just 2 studio albums
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Word...

LOL GOT EM!!!!!!
  • Midwest_Journalist
    edited January 2017

Word...

LOL GOT EM!!!!!!

... dude was rapping from the mind/perspective of a ? in his neighborhood in the second verse (the first was from the perspective of a Piru Blood friend and the third is his own).

He wasn't volunteering to suck three ? ... LOL!

• Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Next thing u know ppl gonna start caping for Mister Cee because "Well, Eddie Murphy got pulled over with that ? prostitute in his ride"
    Actually if I remember right he had a bunch of prostitutes and ? in Telly that got raided and one of them turned out to be a ? when they were booked...

• TheGOAT
    Actually if I remember right he had a bunch of prostitutes and ? in Telly that got raided and one of them turned out to be a ? when they were booked...

Idk if he had multiple ? incidents but the most famous one is when he got pulled over at 4am riding with a ? prostitute. He told cops he was just giving him a ride home :/
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk if he had multiple ? incidents but the most famous one is when he got pulled over at 4am riding with a ? prostitute. He told cops he was just giving him a ride home :/

Yeah he is a lot like pastor Mase in that regards I was talking about the late eighties incident just read about the 97 one which shoots holes in that 1st one being just a oversight while he was ? up. ? from the looks he is on his 4th or 5th ? incident Damn Hollyweird...
  • TheGOAT
    Im sure @BOSSExcellence has an explanation for these incidents
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahaha wait huh!!? who!!?
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggie Is The G.O.A.T.

Greatest MC Of All Time.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go ahead and post one ?