STUDY FINDS : SINGLE WOMEN DONT EXPRESS HUSTLERS AMBITION Because ...

Shuffington
Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
They fear that it would reduce their appeal in the dating market.

Fellas, are you turned off by women who show a Hustlers Ambition?
Ladies, In some ways have you felt shame when talking about your career goals with potential mates?

A study finds single women are much less likely to express career ambitions compared to married women or men. Researchers believe they don't want to undermine their appeal in the dating market.

SHANKAR VEDANTAM, BYLINE: Hi, Rachel. That's exactly right. I was speaking with Leonardo Bursztyn. He's an economist at the University of Chicago along with Thomas Fujiwara at Princeton and Amanda Pallais at Harvard. Bursztyn was wondering whether the disparity between men and women, the fact that men seem to push themselves forward more aggressively, more ambitiously in the workplace might be driven by a dilemma that pits women's professional goals against their personal goals.

LEONARDO BURSZTYN: Men tend to avoid women that actually make more money than they do. Well, if that's the case, then single women might face a trade-off. Many actions that they take that could actually help them in the professional sense could actually hurt them in their personal side on the terms of their dating prospects.

MARTIN: So he's suggesting that a single woman who's really ambitious might not get as many dates. How did they go about trying to test this?

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/24/511355780/research-examines-the-effects-of-gender-on-stated-ambition

*When you factor in Temporal Flexibility (TF) I can see how the wage gap continues to persist.
For those who are wondering, TF is a personal goal to target a career trajectory which will allow for ample flexible personal time. So for example, grinding days and nights in the Gym (on salary) to meet some stupid arbitrary deadline for some stupid proposal to the higher ups goes against the idea of temporal flexibility.

Comments

• babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be some truth to it. Unfortunately we tend to downplay a lot of things during the dating process. Figuring out what men want is tough and often backfires to our detriment.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinco wrote: »
    I made a post about this on IG the other day.
    I would agree it's conditioning.

And at the same time, men know that women like that won't submit to just any ? .
    So some of them are intimidated and settle for less.

My white boy neighbor was telling me bout his "bad black chic" works with him. Making bread. Fake ? etc.
    I said where she at?? He said "Cinco man she is up there drives one of those v12 Mercedes"
    I said where she at?

A man with no fear in his heart and confidence, only ? ? are intimidated
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've witnessed this countless times. A lot of my female friends are high ranking professionals.. I've even gotten freelance jobs from them pointing their clients my way. A group my wife belongs to is the same way. They're all female business owners. 8 out of 11 of them are single as a 1 dollar bill. I've been in the room with them before, tho; they're man eaters.. I think they've priced themselves out of a relationship though. I'm not sure what a man or woman that makes $25,000 a month would need in a mate. Only thing I'd need if for the ? to leave before I have to go to work.
  • Shuffington
    edited January 2017
    I don't know too many dudes willing to put their career on hold to be with .... just any ol chick with potential.

Even if a dude is willing... he'd be shamed for it.

Plus, imo, all women want a man who will "take care of sh*t" In a general sense.

Social norms F*ck up a lot of things.

Dudes who have new borns and be at work till 8 at night is disgusting.
    Mean while Mom with a toddler leaves work every day at 4:30 to pick up the kids...
    How about you split up that task thats just 1 example.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, what the ? are yall talking about ?

Men don't want women who make money ?

Sounds like ? to me. I don't know 1 dude who ever said that.

And if somebody says they don't want to be ambitious because they won't get a date, I'd assume their lazy or full of ? .

There's a difference between not wanting to ? with a woman who makes a lot of money and a woman who constantly ? about how independent she is, and how much she "do for herself" and all that ? . When chicks like that complain about finding a man, they're not looking at other things about them that might turn dudes off.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cast a wide net and i assume it speaking to entrepreneur type women who are active and goal oreinated. Whats gone happen tho, is this is gone be used by hoes that credit card scam and sell ? as the reason men don't take them serious.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with it. Both parents had a hustler mentality so when they came together it only amplified their success. It's just that kind of woman can end up neglecting things like family or their SO just as their male counterparts can in the pursuit of career and accomplishments. You can't be some needy dude with a woman like this because she'll burn you.

Have none of you dated women who earn more? It's really on her shoulders in how she acts if you don't care. Throwing that in your face in an argument or to put you down is the only time you should say ? it and bounce. It's still a respect thing when it comes to a SO.
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    7figz wrote: »

And if somebody says they don't want to be ambitious because they won't get a date, I'd assume their lazy or full of ? .

There's a difference between not wanting to ? with a woman who makes a lot of money and a woman who constantly ? about how independent she is, and how much she "do for herself" and all that ? . When chicks like that complain about finding a man, they're not looking at other things about them that might turn dudes off.
    U know what it's about.
    Not the money itself but what comes with it.
    It's either :
    1) because a man makes less money, he doen't know what else to bring to the table to assert himself as the leader.

2) sthe woman u described in your last sentence blocks her own blessing. Nobody wanna deal with that
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mannn idk theres bummy ass dudes shacking it up with women who take care of them. they seem to have no shame and seems like the female is too emotionally dependent to make him leave.
  • Shuffington
    edited January 2017

Its more like... Women think that men don't want women who "make money".

Yeah, it definitely depends on the woman's attitude and the way she goes about it.
    As men, we don't get penalized no matter how we express ambition. Some times the more douch-baggish, the better.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it comes down to basic respect

societal norms do ? men/women up cause a lot a women have a hard time submitting to a guy when they got more than them

it's not just money, it's also the same situation when the woman has more education/access/popularity/status/ whatever

that's why a lot of black women are single especially cause they are already raised to be "strong" and not "need a man" and they can't be with a ? who is a janitor just cause they have a master's degree

in the end tho, the money/status/education don't mean ? to a fulfilling relationship if u don't have the basics of keeping someone happy down
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same broads would rather settle with a lesser man than be a part of something great.

Monogamy is not the way for the real grinders