Video:Ohio State Troopers Allow K9 to Attack Complying Blk Man,Telling Him to “Stop Fighting My Dog”

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TWvCNO_aY

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2017/01/24/ohio-state-troopers-allow-k9-to-attack-complying-man-telling-him-to-stop-fighting-my-dog/
Ohio state troopers were arresting a man while his cousin live streamed on Facebook Live Monday, resulting in troopers releasing a police dog to attack the man with the camera.

Holding the phone was Dannie Oliver, who was explaining to viewers that the cops had just slammed him to the ground, pointing guns and tasers at them.

It is not clear why his cousin was being arrested but it appears as if he had just pulled into the driveway with the cops behind him.

As his cousin was being handcuffed, he yelled out to Oliver to call his mother to inform her of the arrest. The cousin also asked Oliver to retrieve his drivers license from his car and to turn the car off as it was still running with the door wide open.

Oliver obliged, reaching into his cousin’s car, but that made the cop fear for his life.

“Listen, get out of the car!” the cop yelled.

“I’m trying to get his ID for him,” Oliver responded.

“I don’t care, get inside your house,” the trooper responded, running up to him and grabbing him.

“Hey, hold up, you ain’t gotta grab me, dog,” Oliver responded.

“You’re about to go to jail! It’s called obstruction of official business!”

“But you just heard him ask me to get it, so why didn’t you tell me not to get it?” Oliver asked.

But that was when they released the police dog on him – even though he was not threatening the cops or anybody else for that matter.

“The ? dog is attacking me!” Oliver yelled. “Aghh, aghh, my leg! My ? leg! Get the dog!”

“Stop fighting my dog!” a cop commanded.

“I’m not fighting your dog!” Oliver responded. “He got my ? leg! He biting my leg off!

“I was going in the house, so why you released the dog on me?”

The cops started cuffing at him as he repeatedly said, “My leg is ? killing me!”.

“Man, you really had to release the dog on me? You’ve seen me going to my door.”

The video cuts out and Oliver is apparently still in jail because he has not updated his Facebook page since posting the video.

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/akron-man-attacked-by-police-dog-on-facebook-live-while-state-troopers-arrest-his-cousin-1.742832

Highway Patrol Lt. Robert Sellers on Tuesday afternoon said Oliver had been transported to a hospital to be treated for dog bites.
On Tuesday, social media users logged the dog attack against Oliver, a black man, as the latest in a long series of police violence against minorities across the nation in recent years.

“I can’t even watch this s*** anymore,” one Twitter user wrote. “The way POC [people of color] are treated in this ‘first world’ country makes me embarrassed for our country.”

Several of Oliver’s friends commented on the Facebook Live video in real time.

“This has lawsuit written all over it!” one of his friends wrote. “This is unacceptable. Period.”

Many social media users criticized troopers for releasing the dog instead of trying to de-escalate the situation.

“When his friend asked him to get his ID from the car, cop should simply have said ‘Don’t do that, sir. It’s not allowed,’” a Twitter user wrote.

The Highway Patrol lieutenant said the agency plans to go over the incident to see if unnecessary force was used.
“We’ll review it,” he said, “and we’ll see if there’s anything we can do better.”

I'm so tired of seeing ? like this man...

Comments

• SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knew that was gone happen son as he told dude to reach into the whip for em
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dogs are pigs too..

? sounded like Caine and Odog in the parking garage
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% escalation on that cops part. dude wasnt posing a threat at all.. tell someone to go in their home, then sends the attack dog on as your complying smmfh
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this dog biting the ? outta this man..how the ? you gonna just sit there and allow it.Ill be fighting the ? outta that dog.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry I laughed at this ?

Why the ? would you go into the car during that situation, you could of been getting a gun.

Also I remember when o tried to pet an MP's dog before dude push the ? out of me telling me not to pet his dog, found out later when I worked with K-9 units.

Them dogs are super aggressive to anything that's not the master.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but thread title has me rollin'.

? is phucked up tho!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dude just got mauled by a dog and they are worried about cuffing him. For what? You sicced the dog on him for nothing. These clowns are getting out of hand.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dude just got mauled by a dog and they are worried about cuffing him. For what? You sicced the dog on him for nothing. These clowns are getting out of hand.

he did not sicc the dog on him, the dogs are trained to go on their own to protect the cop, once the cop escalted force the dog just went

this aint the 60's stop trying to make everything into cops attacking blacks, this aint it
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

he did not sicc the dog on him, the dogs are trained to go on their own to protect the cop, once the cop escalted force the dog just went

this aint the 60's stop trying to make everything into cops attacking blacks, this aint it

first...dude not including this post there are 9 posts in this thread and none of them even mentioned race, nor did the poster you quoted. your actually the first post that brings it up

2nd the guy didnt do anything. his man is getting arrested and he ASK the guy recording to get his ID out the car. The officers HEAR this verbal exchange and dont say anything. if he wasnt allowed to get the ID out the car they should have said so BEFORE the guy walked to the car. DONT GET HIS ID.

3rd. so he didnt sic the dog on the officer.. the dog acted on its own? then why is an officer on a scene with a K9 and its not restrained???

cops tells him to go in his house and sic's the dog on him while hes complying, this is just another overzealous cop who escalated this situation. should be fired..
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cop and the dog should be put down.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol @ "the dog just went." K9 cops know how to control the dogs. You're acting like the dogs are unrestrained and given the freedom to act on the own accord. The man in this case was not attacking the cop, so the dog being able to get to him and attack him means either the cop was super derelict in controlling the dog or he let the dog attack.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop resisting those dog bites!
    Comply and accept them calmly.

FOH.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    '? y'all ? -ass cops....'

**Enter K-9**

'Awwww, pleeeeease, sir. I'm sorry'

LOL