Student Trying to Form University ‘Alt-Right’ Group Was Once Convicted for Arson of Black Churches

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
danielD-800x430.jpg

A student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who is trying to start a white supremacist, “alt-right” group on the campus was previously convicted of arson of black churches, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

According to the group’s website, their mission was to fight college practices and policies that were “hostile to students and faculty of European ethnic background and traditional values.” The student, Daniel Dropik, who also works in the university’s Information Technology department said, “Predictably, some students are intolerant towards us, and seem determined to undermine us,” and hoped to recruit students who would “fight anti-white racism on campus.”

The university has made news in recent months for first offering a course called “The Problem of Whiteness,” and later for another course that aimed to deconstruct toxic masculinity.

Officials confirmed on Thursday that Dropik had previously been convicted of setting black churches on fire in 2005, though the university was unaware. Chancellor Rebecca Blank explained that the admissions department cannot ask about applicants’ criminal history, the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

“The safety of our campus community is my top priority. I recognize the mere presence of this activity is concerning,” she said in a statement. “But handing out political information and expressing objectionable, even hateful, viewpoints is not illegal nor a violation of any campus policy.”

Dropik was sentenced to five years in federal prison for allegedly setting fire to two black churches — one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the other in Lansing, Michigan. Court documents note that he had intentionally sought out black churches “as racial retaliation,” pointing to prior incidents involving African-Americans.

Neo-? and white supremacist leader Richard Spencer, who was punched in the face twice on inauguration day in D.C., set out earlier this year on a college speaking tour in an attempt to recruit students to the alt-right movement. “I think you do need to get them while they are young,” he explained.

At this time, there is no indication of how UWM will take disciplinary action against Dropik.

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait.

How the ? did he get admitted to a school in the first ? place with ARSON charges on his record??

? this system.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    danielD-800x430.jpg

A student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who is trying to start a white supremacist, “alt-right” group on the campus was previously convicted of arson of black churches, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

According to the group’s website, their mission was to fight college practices and policies that were “hostile to students and faculty of European ethnic background and traditional values.” The student, Daniel Dropik, who also works in the university’s Information Technology department said, “Predictably, some students are intolerant towards us, and seem determined to undermine us,” and hoped to recruit students who would “fight anti-white racism on campus.”

The university has made news in recent months for first offering a course called “The Problem of Whiteness,” and later for another course that aimed to deconstruct toxic masculinity.

Officials confirmed on Thursday that Dropik had previously been convicted of setting black churches on fire in 2005, though the university was unaware. Chancellor Rebecca Blank explained that the admissions department cannot ask about applicants’ criminal history, the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

“The safety of our campus community is my top priority. I recognize the mere presence of this activity is concerning,” she said in a statement. “But handing out political information and expressing objectionable, even hateful, viewpoints is not illegal nor a violation of any campus policy.”

Dropik was sentenced to five years in federal prison for allegedly setting fire to two black churches — one in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the other in Lansing, Michigan. Court documents note that he had intentionally sought out black churches “as racial retaliation,” pointing to prior incidents involving African-Americans.

Neo-? and white supremacist leader Richard Spencer, who was punched in the face twice on inauguration day in D.C., set out earlier this year on a college speaking tour in an attempt to recruit students to the alt-right movement. “I think you do need to get them while they are young,” he explained.

At this time, there is no indication of how UWM will take disciplinary action against Dropik.

Thats some ? cause these colleges seem to know and ask a whole lot about the criminal history these black scholarship athletes before they enroll.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropik was sentenced to five years in federal prison for allegedly setting fire to two black churches

Yeah he was convicted and sentenced but did he actually serve his time? I didn't read that
  • King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    It's time for a lot of these black college althetes to start transferring to HBCUs. They are literally earning money for schools that employ outright racists.