HipHopDX Breakdown - Andre 3000: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    The only person on that list he named is Debatable is Biggie...and i ? with Nas HARD

So Biggie is debatable but Andre is not? Got it.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Put that Album ? to the side because that's the only argument being put up...and the ? annoying

As far as SKILLS Go...who's better than Andre 3000.?

How do you do that? Albums are the benchmark for anybody but 3k, so we saying Kiss or Fab the GOAT now but disregard their albums just focus on SKILLS?

Who said Kiss and Fab are GOATS.? Lol man hell nah
    Y'all basically discrediting his catalog because he rapped alongside another guy for the majority of his career...Y'all are ignoring the question:

Is Andre 3000 the Greatest RAPPER of All Time.?

Not "Is Andre 3000 the Greatest Solo Hip Hop artist of all Time.?"

Is simply asking about his Skills as a Rapper...that's all. Y'all bringing in other ? that's not what the question even asked

Not discrediting him just saying its not apples to apples, its apple to oranges.

HOW.?!? Lol

They're all rappers with an extensive catalog to refer to.

All it's asking is who's the better RAPPER.?

Not who has the best solo projects

You gotta put in work. If thats the case, we might as well make jay elect top 5.

3000 is Kobe's first three rings. Go get a few on your own to get certified G.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Put that Album ? to the side because that's the only argument being put up...and the ? annoying

How do you do that? Albums are the benchmark for anybody but 3k, so we saying Kiss or Fab the GOAT now but disregard their albums just focus on SKILLS?

Y'all basically discrediting his catalog because he rapped alongside another guy for the majority of his career...Y'all are ignoring the question:

Is simply asking about his Skills as a Rapper...that's all. Y'all bringing in other ? that's not what the question even asked

Not discrediting him just saying its not apples to apples, its apple to oranges.

HOW.?!? Lol

You gotta put in work. If thats the case, we might as well make jay elect top 5.

3Stacks hasn't put in work.?!?! Lol

Ayo the Reason is crazy brah :joy:
  • JonnyRoccIT
    5th Letter wrote: »
    The only person on that list he named is Debatable is Biggie...and i ? with Nas HARD

I said Biggie is Debatable to Andre
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Why dont ? just say he is the greatest rapper in a group or duo? That is a reasonable and fair argument. But he has 0 solo Hip Hop albums, thats a dealbreaker for me when you got ? with 5-10 solo albums and half of which are classics, its disrespectful to compare 3K to them let alone fix they mouth to call him the GOAT over the aforementioned.

Lol ? solo albums he is a rapper therefore if somebody thinks he is the goat you can't throw your own criteria on it, that's like me saying Biggie needs another album to be considered the goat

So judging rappers GOAT status while heavily considering their albums is criteria I just came up with out of the blue?

xj5udyimko3b.jpg
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why dont ? just say he is the greatest rapper in a group or duo? That is a reasonable and fair argument. But he has 0 solo Hip Hop albums, thats a dealbreaker for me when you got ? with 5-10 solo albums and half of which are classics, its disrespectful to compare 3K to them let alone fix they mouth to call him the GOAT over the aforementioned.

I agree

Even tho I personally agree that he one of the best rappers ever, he don't have a solo album

So that ? is null and void
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    5th Letter wrote: »

I said Biggie is Debatable to Andre

How?
  • JonnyRoccIT

HOW.?!? Lol

Not on his own, no. MJG was a different rapper without 8 ball, a big mike was different without GB. Bun without ? .

if KD run to GS and win 3 will it weigh the same as with okc? No.

Aye you gotta stop w/ the NBA analogies...they not fitting.

We talking One on One...and ? say OVER & OVER how Dre outshines Big Boi and his overall influence on the direction of their music...
    But y'all still talking about ALBUMS and not SKILLS...y'all adding in unnecessary and biased criteria
  • JonnyRoccIT
    ? puttin co captains on they all time team?

I wanna know everybody in my top 5 crossed the ocean 1 time on the boat by themselves.....yall puttin this ? above Nasty ? Nas??

Bless your hearts....

TBH...yes.

Andre 3000 may be the most Versatile hip hop artist of all time.

If we comparing Lyrics,
    wordplay,
    flow,
    Charisma,
    and Delivery...

3stacks would come out the winner in the end.
  • Lefty_

HOW.?!? Lol

Not on his own, no. MJG was a different rapper without 8 ball, a big mike was different without GB. Bun without ? .

if KD run to GS and win 3 will it weigh the same as with okc? No.

Aye you gotta stop w/ the NBA analogies...they not fitting.

We talking One on One...and ? say OVER & OVER how Dre outshines Big Boi and his overall influence on the direction of their music...
    But y'all still talking about ALBUMS and not SKILLS...y'all adding in unnecessary and biased criteria

they definitely fit, but i knew u was comin wit that. see my previous post ? .
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

I wanna know everybody in my top 5 crossed the ocean 1 time on the boat by themselves.....yall puttin this ? above Nasty ? Nas??

Bless your hearts....

TBH...yes.

If we comparing Lyrics,
    wordplay,
    flow,
    Charisma,
    and Delivery...

But he only did half of the songs in his career

Of course a person with 50 verses is gon look better compared to a person with 300 verses

Then you have beat selection

Commons electric circus had classic verses on it, but the production was horrible

So the album's not a classic or even discussed
  • JonnyRoccIT
    I think people forget that Dre debuted in 93 along with Nas and Biggie and other great artists of that era...

He literally outshines ANY artist he's on a song with...that's Crazy. You can't say that about Nas, Jay, Biggie, or LL

His Relevancy today with NO solo album is ? amazing...
    No other artist can send the entire internet into a Frenzy over a FEATURE brah.

He can take any trash song and give life to it.
    "Kids" by Tribe was a Good example...the beat is Horrendous imo, but he made it Listenable and not the instant skip treatment
  • Lefty_

Bless your hearts....

TBH...yes.

If we comparing Lyrics,
    wordplay,
    flow,
    Charisma,
    and Delivery...

talent in any field dont = greatness, no sane person would grade a group artist over a top solo artist. how can i compare resumes when u dont got the same stripes.
  • The Recipe

Bless your hearts....

TBH...yes.

If we comparing Lyrics,
    wordplay,
    flow,
    Charisma,
    and Delivery...

5yrpbism9pg2.gif
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Lol ? solo albums he is a rapper therefore if somebody thinks he is the goat you can't throw your own criteria on it, that's like me saying Biggie needs another album to be considered the goat

So judging rappers GOAT status while heavily considering their albums is criteria I just came up with out of the blue?

xj5udyimko3b.jpg

The judging should be based off skill not albums, what's stopping ? from sayin you need 3 solo albums to be considered the goat because your first 2 might have been fluke I need consistency, like a jay-z for example
  • ericb4prez
    So does this mean the IC thinks Vanilla Ice is a better rapper and has more of an argument to the goat title cuz he has solos albums
  • JonnyRoccIT
    A dope verse and a half for 15 tracks aint as hard as 3 verses for 15 tracks, we talkin 2 different levels of pressure here. Concepts beat selection and general direction is all on you. I cant talk to you about walkin home in the dark dolo if you use the buddy system every night. It's not fair to the ones who have.

He actually handled much of his own production and most of the concepts. The ? ain't using the "buddy system " because he ain't nice enough...it's Cause he was in a ? Duo.!
    You forgetting that this the same ? that made ATLiens as a Sophomore project...that ? was completely different from the 1st and brought something way different to the rap game and made it enjoyable .

They reinvented themselves EVERY album and produced alot of it himself...and made every one classic since we talking production.

And STILL we not talking about skills...they from the same class of rap brah. He just the only one that was able to keep himslef fresh year after year...we can't say that ? about anybody else brah

• The Recipe
    edited January 2017

He literally outshines ANY artist he's on a song with...that's Crazy. You can't say that about Nas, Jay, Biggie, or LL

And STILL we not talking about skills...they from the same class of rap brah. He just the only one that was able to keep himslef fresh year after year...we can't say that ? about anybody else brah

Your delusion......

57pp4mn0oco7.gif

• JonnyRoccIT
    I think people forget that Dre debuted in 93 along with Nas and Biggie and other great artists of that era...

He can take any trash song and give life to it.
    "Kids" by Tribe was a Good example...the beat is Horrendous imo, but he made it Listenable and not the instant skip treatment

We would say the same about jadakiss if he never dropped an album. Jada features were the reason why everybody wanted a solo album. Same with dre, he just left ? room to speculate. Bottom line, you aint in the convo wit no rings G.

Jada is dope...but c'mon brah he not ? w/ dre
    Dre has 4, arguably FIVE rings...No one else in Hip Hop has that many Classics. That's also why i say they're the GOAT group of all time also.
    Like i said...you can't discredit this man's Catalog just cause he doesn't have a solo project.

We talking SKILLS man..........SKILLSSSSSSS ?
  • JonnyRoccIT

Your delusion......

57pp4mn0oco7.gif

Ion get what you saying...
  • ericb4prez
    @The Recipe how you just going to no sign your own logic lol