HipHopDX Breakdown - Andre 3000: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    He aint doing all the work himself as these ? is breaking it down for yall, if a ? has a ghost writer and aint doing all the work he lose all his points like Dre, Diddy, Ye and Drake right? So how do you get all your points when your in a duo doing half the work or getting help? Should he get half the points?
  • The Recipe
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    @The Recipe how you just going to no sign your own logic lol

Vanilla Ice bruh you a wild boy, Martin voice.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has material spanning from the 90's to Today.? CHECK.
    Has classic albums.? CHECK.

And he's not qualified to be considered a high ranking rapper because he has no solo..? Lol ? moving the goal posts.

Let me know when we debating who's a better RAPPER...like the title and question says.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    The Recipe wrote: »
    He aint doing all the work himself as these ? is breaking it down for yall, if a ? has a ghost writer and aint doing all the work he lose all his points like Dre, Diddy, Ye and Drake right? So how do you get all your points when your in a duo doing half the work? Should he get half the points?

What.?!?
    Y'all making this wayyyy more complicated than it needs to be. Lol

IS ANDRE 3000 THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME.?

^^^
    Please let's focus on the question at hand and lets not throw in unnecessary biased ? into this...SKILLS brah SKILLS...
  • The Recipe

And he's not qualified to be considered a high ranking rapper because he has no solo..? Lol ? moving the goal posts.

Let me know when we debating who's a better RAPPER...like the title and question says.

High ranking and the highest ranking are different arguments, ? is saying he is the highest and thats a no from me dog.
  • JonnyRoccIT

High ranking and the highest ranking are different arguments, ? is saying he is the highest and thats a no from me dog.

Is that a no because he's not skilled enough to be the best in your eyes or because he doesn't have a Solo album.? Lol
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    I think people forget that Dre debuted in 93 along with Nas and Biggie and other great artists of that era...

He literally outshines ANY artist he's on a song with...that's Crazy. You can't say that about Nas, Jay, Biggie, or LL

His Relevancy today with NO solo album is ? amazing...
    No other artist can send the entire internet into a Frenzy over a FEATURE brah.

He can take any trash song and give life to it.
    "Kids" by Tribe was a Good example...the beat is Horrendous imo, but he made it Listenable and not the instant skip treatment

We would say the same about jadakiss if he never dropped an album. Jada features were the reason why everybody wanted a solo album. Same with dre, he just left ? room to speculate. Bottom line, you aint in the convo wit no rings G.

Jada is dope...but c'mon brah he not ? w/ dre
    Dre has 4, arguably FIVE rings...No one else in Hip Hop has that many Classics. That's also why i say they're the GOAT group of all time also.
    Like i said...you can't discredit this man's Catalog just cause he doesn't have a solo project.

We talking SKILLS man..........SKILLSSSSSSS ?

Johnny.....Andre 3000 doesnt have a catalog to discredit, where are his rings, where are his duds, this ? been playin double dutch wit a solo album since hey ya. He let his fans down because he a prima dona, you probably been waitin since like high school like "I know hes droppin this year, you just watch". He's the lookout for detox southern chapter..... he left yall shakin yall poloroid pictures on the project steps like a father that left for milk and never came back.

If he drop in 2017, and its a classic, he'll deserve consideration, until then, you cant say andre without big boi, but i can say big boi without andre because big boi actually put forth with his craft.

You dont get top 5 love without top 5 impact, them ? ass shoulder pads dont count. He gotta put it in a rap.

Lmaooo again you not judging this on his raps and impact...you throwing Politics into the ? gahhhdamn brah. You not considering ALL that ? material he has out spanning from 6 albums, 1 compilation, and A crazy amount of features just to say because he doesn't have anything to discredit
  • The Recipe
    He aint doing all the work himself as these ? is breaking it down for yall, if a ? has a ghost writer and aint doing all the work he lose all his points like Dre, Diddy, Ye and Drake right? So how do you get all your points when your in a duo doing half the work? Should he get half the points?

What.?!?

^^^
    Please let's focus on the question at hand and lets not throw in unnecessary biased ? into this...SKILLS brah SKILLS...

Your trying to make something thats complicated simple so Andre meets the criteria. Its not simple to crown something or someone the greatest, all factors must be considered.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    @The Recipe how you just going to no sign your own logic lol

Vanilla Ice bruh you a wild boy, Martin voice.

Lol I mean if all you need is a solo why not
  • JonnyRoccIT

What.?!?

^^^

Your trying to make something thats complicated simple so Andre meets the criteria. Its not simple to crown something or someone the greatest, all factors must be considered.

Lol the only thing that needs to be considered is his Skills and his Catalog...which he has a very extensive one to refer to.

Ol tryna reverse my ? ass ?
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people forget that Dre debuted in 93 along with Nas and Biggie and other great artists of that era...

He literally outshines ANY artist he's on a song with...that's Crazy. You can't say that about Nas, Jay, Biggie, or LL

"Kids" by Tribe was a Good example...the beat is Horrendous imo, but he made it Listenable and not the instant skip treatment

We would say the same about jadakiss if he never dropped an album. Jada features were the reason why everybody wanted a solo album. Same with dre, he just left ? room to speculate. Bottom line, you aint in the convo wit no rings G.

Dre has 4, arguably FIVE rings...No one else in Hip Hop has that many Classics. That's also why i say they're the GOAT group of all time also.
    Like i said...you can't discredit this man's Catalog just cause he doesn't have a solo project.

Johnny.....Andre 3000 doesnt have a catalog to discredit, where are his rings, where are his duds, this ? been playin double dutch wit a solo album since hey ya. He let his fans down because he a prima dona, you probably been waitin since like high school like "I know hes droppin this year, you just watch". He's the lookout for detox southern chapter..... he left yall shakin yall poloroid pictures on the project steps like a father that left for milk and never came back.

If he drop in 2017, and its a classic, he'll deserve consideration, until then, you cant say andre without big boi, but i can say big boi without andre because big boi actually put forth with his craft.

You dont get top 5 love without top 5 impact, them ? ass shoulder pads dont count. He gotta put it in a rap.

Lmaooo again you not judging this on his raps and impact...you throwing Politics into the ? gahhhdamn brah. You not considering ALL that ? material he has out spanning from 6 albums, 1 compilation, and A crazy amount of features just to say because he doesn't have anything to discredit

Being in the top 5 transcends skills, you have to fill all the boxes.

He's a hall of famer, just not top tier, best rapper in a duo n all, but he missin somethin, nas has illmatic. Face got the diary, pac got MATW. all classics on they own 2. Dre cant walk in that room by himself, big boi might file a lawsuit if he do.
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2017

What.?!?

^^^

Lol the only thing that needs to be considered is his Skills and his Catalog...which he has a very extensive one to refer to.

Ol tryna reverse my ? ass ?

He is very skilled

He shares a catalog with Big Boy its not his soley.
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2017
    WTT, Distant Relatives are never considered when talking Jay or Nas's status. NWA allbums are considered for Cube cuz he wrote 85% of it. Bow Down never gets mentioned while ? are talking Cube. Point is group albums dont carry as much weight.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTT, Distant Relatives are never considered when talking Jay or Nas's status. NWA allbums are considered for Cube cuz he wrote 85% of it. Bow Down never gets mentioned while ? are talking Cube. Point is group albums don carry as much weight.
    Tru.
    OddSquad, FaceMobb, & Coughee Bros albums dont get brought up when we talkin Devin the Dude either
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If serena and venus won every single doubles match they ever played, and serena shined but always flirted with going solo, but never did. We had practice footage, and she even played a singles tournament, but no majors, we wouldnt dare say shes the best women player to ever play, that would be absurt.
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2017
    If serena and venus won every single doubles match they ever played, and serena shined but always flirted with going solo, but never did. We had practice footage, and she even played a singles tournament, but no majors, we wouldnt dare say shes the best women player to ever play, that would be absurt.

Bruh every analogy I consider posting you post LMFAO, great minds bruh.
  • JonnyRoccIT

Being in the top 5 transcends skills, you have to fill all the boxes.

He's a hall of famer, just not top tier, best rapper in a duo n all, but he missin somethin, nas has illmatic. Face got the diary, pac got MATW. all classics on they own 2. Dre cant walk in that room by himself, big boi might file a lawsuit if he do.

Who made this Rule up.??? Kurtis Blow, Rakim.???

YOU DID brah... lol
    You have to realize WE STILL NOT TALKING SKILLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSS WTF

We still ain't talking about the Question at hand...Who's the best Rapper.?
    No one has simply said "So & So is a better than Andre 3000 and here's why." and not because of some ? politics and complications you keep tryna throw in.

It was a General question & You still keep bringing up who's the best solo hip hop act of all time.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He gave ya'll a solo album. It wasn't what ya'll wanted so in ya'll eyes he gotta drop another one. ? that. ? living in this fantasy world where Andre 3000 is gone straight up rap for yall for 12 tracks.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow 5 pages, didnt know 3k had this much heat still
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called ? jockeying, those verses be overrated as ?
  • The Recipe
    qawshun wrote: »

It's called ? jockeying, those verses be overrated as ?

So many fallacies in his post lmfao.
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    FOH. Laziest ? in the game. JE got his work ethic from 3k.

Most Dumbest comments in The Reason material. When JE puts out 6 albums and numerous more verses outside of that then holla at me. "FOH"

Lol. We got a fan here. How many projects Big Boi put out since the last Outkast joint??Exactly. The GOAT can't put together a 12 track album after all these yrs? Give that ? the GOAT feature title and get em the "FOH".

Face>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm more excited to listen to a new jadakiss feature
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl...

Plenty of rappers are seeing 3 Stacks skills wise...

Redman, Black Thought, Mos Def to name a few...

The list can go on...
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They getting Dre the ? outta there on fb.