HipHopDX Breakdown - Andre 3000: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited January 2017
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    FOH. Laziest ? in the game. JE got his work ethic from 3k.

Most Dumbest comments in The Reason material. When JE puts out 6 albums and numerous more verses outside of that then holla at me. "FOH"

Lol. We got a fan here. How many projects Big Boi put out since the last Outkast joint??Exactly. The GOAT can't put together a 12 track album after all these yrs? Give that ? the GOAT feature title and get em the "FOH".

Face>>>>>>>>>>>>

Only reason I quoted your post is cause u called him the " Laziest ? in the game" that's not true. What u just typed is irrelevant to my post. Go fix that and I'll apologize.
  • Stew
    edited January 2017
    The Recipe wrote: »
    He aint doing all the work himself as these ? is breaking it down for yall, if a ? has a ghost writer and aint doing all the work he lose all his points like Dre, Diddy, Ye and Drake right? So how do you get all your points when your in a duo doing half the work or getting help? Should he get half the points?

Yo bruh, you're in every single 3000 thread hating on that ? (i can prove it if u don't believe me) and u just compared him to Dre, Diddy and Ye, you should probably call yourself an Andre 3000 hater and be done with it.
  • Stew
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Standing a ? who has never had a solo album next to a ? who has multiple classics is disrespectful. It's like saying a ? with world championship talent but no rings is as good as a ? who has climbed to the mountain top time and time again. We'll never know what would have happened with grant hill because he never got a chance to make it shake in his prime. Dre had chances and just didn't.

Just because you have the tools don't mean you know how to use em, or use them effectively as you would have if certain conditions weren't met. He's never had a classic without big boi's input. Scarface has made multiple group and solo classics, and has never had a wack official Scarface album in almost 30 years of recording.

Ya'll ? outta pocket. Dre dumb nice, but talent don't = substance. Every other rapper that's mentioned in the top 5 has at least one classic album.

Even Jeezy got a classic. The fact that this ? think he too good to rap for us, like he get a kick outta tellin us a solo or a reunion is comin just to see everybody get excited then disappear and hop on a remix to keep his name turnin.

? this dude.

Top 5 talent though.

Thank you for actually puttin out a reasonable argument first of all, that's a lost quality in The Reason. Your argument is legit.

The ring argument is flawed cause he has rings(5 mic album(s)), everybody don't have that, not even Jeezy smh.

"? this dude, top 5 talent though" is comedy.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're just talking rapping skills....no albums none of that ? ? Then he's in the debate no question. Once you bring albums into it & him doing the Love Below, he pretty much kept himself in that "GOAT group" box, but that's if we're talking just rap.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

Thats just my opinion.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He aint doing all the work himself as these ? is breaking it down for yall, if a ? has a ghost writer and aint doing all the work he lose all his points like Dre, Diddy, Ye and Drake right? So how do you get all your points when your in a duo doing half the work or getting help? Should he get half the points?

Yo bruh, you're in every single 3000 thread hating on that ? (i can prove it if u don't believe me) and u just compared him to Dre, Diddy and Ye, you should probably call yourself an Andre 3000 hater and be done with it.

You in every 3K thread D riding (I can prove it if you dont believe me) you should probably call yourself a stan.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay i see...he can't be considered the GOAT Rapper not because of his Talent...but because of a Technicality lol got it.

Well,
    Threads over guys.
    Black Thought gets the Crown :joy: smh y'all ? here brah
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    A dope verse and a half for 15 tracks aint as hard as 3 verses for 15 tracks, we talkin 2 different levels of pressure here. Concepts beat selection and general direction is all on you. I cant talk to you about walkin home in the dark dolo if you use the buddy system every night. It's not fair to the ones who have.

• JonnyRoccIT
    Okay i see...he can't be considered the GOAT Rapper not because of his Talent...but because of a Technicality lol got it.

Well,
    Threads over guys.

I think people forget that Black Thought debuted in 93 along with Nas, 3K, Biggie and other great artists of that era...

He literally outshines ANY artist he's on Jimmy Fallon with...that's Crazy. You can't say that about 3K, Nas, Jay, Biggie, or LL

His Relevancy today with NO solo album is ? amazing... (He on Fallon every night)
    No other artist can send the entire NBC Viewership into a Frenzy over a a few bars brah.

Lol ? has a Contract with Jimmy Fallon that's why...c'mon don't act like the ? in High Demand outchea.

Dre get seen at the Strip Club out here and ? act like they spotted a Rare MewTwo out that MF
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

Well,
    Threads over guys.

I think people forget that Black Thought debuted in 93 along with Nas, 3K, Biggie and other great artists of that era...

He literally outshines ANY artist he's on Jimmy Fallon with...that's Crazy. You can't say that about 3K, Nas, Jay, Biggie, or LL

His Relevancy today with NO solo album is ? amazing... (He on Fallon every night)
    No other artist can send the entire NBC Viewership into a Frenzy over a a few bars brah.

Lol ? has a Contract with Jimmy Fallon that's why...c'mon don't act like the ? in High Demand outchea.

Dre get seen at the Strip Club out here and ? act like they spotted a Rare MewTwo out that MF

That went way over your head.

No it didn't he's just playing dumb because that killed his argument for why 3K is the goat.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought @ Work >>>> any 3k verse
  • Stew

You in every 3K thread D riding (I can prove it if you dont believe me) you should probably call yourself a stan.

Prove it. As a matter of fact, find a post where I called him the GOAT and I'll give u my mod spot :joy:
  • Stew
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

Thats just my opinion.

Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)

And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

Harvard Freestyle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8DxO-66jrA

That ? took u a min huh? Lol

Word. Now listen to these

Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If we're talking all things hip hop music at its peak. From classic albums, to classic features, to classic battles, to classic stories, to classic lines, to longevity, catalog to versatility, talent, and integrity, impact. Sorry to break it to ? , but the answer always has to be Nasir Jones. Musically, his resume is out of this world.

He wrote illmatic at 17.... 3000 Hasn't dropped a hip hop solo album.....We can't have this discussion. As far as talent goes. I can't put anybody dead or alive over Nas. There are some I won't put him over, but nobody is clear cut better than Nas. NOBODY.
  • Lefty_
    Nas has made too much history on his own to have his stripes overlooked by a ? who has never had his own album cover.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    So after they "disqualify" him...now ppl wanna talk Skills. Smh Lol
  • Lefty_
    So after they "disqualify" him...now ppl wanna talk Skills. Smh Lol

Andre 3000 is not better than Nas skillwise, but the prerequisite to being in the top 5 is your discography, not you and ya mans discography.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats just my opinion.

2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)

Harvard Freestyle

Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia

Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.

I could have done the same thing and said, "any verse on Illadelph Halflife"
  • The Recipe

Prove it. As a matter of fact, find a post where I called him the GOAT and I'll give u my mod spot :joy:

I dont give no ? about a mod spot bruh. Im a mod in real life.
  • The Recipe

Thats just my opinion.

2. Web
    3. 75 Bars

Harvard Freestyle

Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia

Goes to show he dont really got nothing signature, just random lmfao