K. Michelle’s Music Pulled From U.S. Radio Stations?

MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
k-michelle-that-gape-juic-2016-101010-1.png

K. Michelle‘s relationship with radio seems to have taken a turn for the worst.

Bad news for the ‘Maybe I Should Call’ singer below…

Following her decision to confront music industry power player Angela Yee during an interview on her ‘Breakfast Club’ platform Michelle has learned of a report which claims she has been blacklisted by the U.S. media company Radio One.

Not to be mistaken for the British radio platform of the same name, One is said to have cut all ties with the singer after she allegedly failed to turn up to several promotional spots they’d lined up for her to fulfill.

titbn1ipwpux.png

However, a rep from the star’s label, Atlantic Records, has stepped forward to claim that the story is untrue citing reported spins of the singer’s music on the platform in several states as proof of this.

01amm6l6dor9.png

This is serious.

For one reason or another Michelle is yet to be embraced by Top 40 radio formats seeing her become extremely dependant on Urban platforms to push her music to the masses.

With this in mind let’s hope that the singer finds a way to reconcile with One and reclaim the access to its audience she seems to have lost.

Unfortunately, a number of R&B-leaning artists still take an unhealthy approach to Urban platforms, seemingly unaware or uninterested in how supportive these platforms are to them as they set their sights on what some might call “mainstream relevance.”

As one of her genre’s leading ladies, it’d be a shame if Michelle saw her relationship with one of these influential platforms crash and crumble before she reaches her full potential commercially.

Your thoughts?

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2016/04/michelle-faces-radio-blacklisting/

Comments

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? radio. We live in the Internet era.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We give the power over our music to the wrong people, but let that coke music thrive
  • MasterJayN100
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Good. She was tryin to turn up on my baby for tv, now her albums bout to go triple horse ? .

you think angela yee had something to do with it?
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Angela yee
    ? them cac owned radio stations and
    ? K. Michelles alarm clock

She need to be getting her ass up to work though. Its still ? up the whole concept of blacklisting someone. No one ? should have all that power
  • MasterJayN100
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    Man i cant call it. but this part got me bugging
    One fan in attendance revealed that she had decided to skip her chemotherapy treatment that morning for a chance to meet the singer

really... really.. we out here skipping Chemo for K Michelle??? people idolizing these celebrities. I swear its something i will never understand

these celebs dont give a ? about you anyway..only your money.i wish i would risk my health for these MFs with money.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One fan in attendance revealed that she had decided to skip her chemotherapy treatment that morning for a chance to meet the singer

really... really.. we out here skipping Chemo for K Michelle??? people idolizing these celebrities. I swear its something i will never understand

these celebs dont give a ? about you anyway..only your money.i wish i would risk my health for these MFs with money.

They are what we make'em
  • gns
    Stiff wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    ? Angela yee

She need to be getting her ass up to work though. Its still ? up the whole concept of blacklisting someone. No one ? should have all that power

Radio One is black owned

Prove it
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2016
    How do ? not know Radio1 is black owned?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that! Hate folks like that.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She seems like a "my ? don't stink" type bih
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ the thought of the chemo girl being like "my cancer might come back and ? me, but at least I'll have seen my queen thot K Michelle!!!"
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Good. She was tryin to turn up on my baby for tv, now her albums bout to go triple horse ? .

you think angela yee had something to do with it?

No. This is about a station in DC/MD. Angela Yee works in NYC
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her bed.....

So let her, her inflated ego and her inflated ass lay in it!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    ? Angela yee

Radio One is black owned

Prove it

lol
  • gns
    That chairperson dont look black
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good nobody wants to hear her loud ass mouth anyway
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her ? stinks through radio speakers