HipHopDX Breakdown - Andre 3000: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Is Andre 3000 the Greatest RAPPER of All Time.?

Not "Is Andre 3000 the Greatest Solo Hip Hop artist of all Time.?"

Even disregarding whether he has a solo album out or not we can also argue someone like Jay Electronica is the greatest rapper of all time too, no? Cos I've hardly heard anyone say Jay Elect wack.

Even if we do disregard him having a solo album or not I personally feel there's rappers better than him.

3k needs a personal body of music to claim GOAT by his fans. He's lyrically excellent in every ramifications but to be the best he needs a solo and not just impressive guest features...

I think we should take his features for what it is and judge him on everything he puts out because Even if he did...it won't be a full Hip Hop album because we all know Dre is very multi dimensional and experimental. Even Outkast albums were always mixed with Singing and many other Non-hip hop elements.

Which is why i wanted to focus on his Raps and Skills because we know he's capable of being the best and that's why he throws them occasional verses out to show ? he can ? on everybody, he's just not really interested in proving it.
    He just wants to do his own thing and make his Weird jammin ass experimenal music

Occasional verses dont mean you cant ? on everybody, classic bodies of work like Illmatic, Black Album, MATW, GKMC show that when you drop the album of the year thats how you ? on everybody thats irrefutable. If he is so experimental why are you argueing so hard for his GOAT status as a rapper if he aint rapping most of the time?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »

Even disregarding whether he has a solo album out or not we can also argue someone like Jay Electronica is the greatest rapper of all time too, no? Cos I've hardly heard anyone say Jay Elect wack.

Even if we do disregard him having a solo album or not I personally feel there's rappers better than him.

3k needs a personal body of music to claim GOAT by his fans. He's lyrically excellent in every ramifications but to be the best he needs a solo and not just impressive guest features...

I think we should take his features for what it is and judge him on everything he puts out because Even if he did...it won't be a full Hip Hop album because we all know Dre is very multi dimensional and experimental. Even Outkast albums were always mixed with Singing and many other Non-hip hop elements.

Which is why i wanted to focus on his Raps and Skills because we know he's capable of being the best and that's why he throws them occasional verses out to show ? he can ? on everybody, he's just not really interested in proving it.
    He just wants to do his own thing and make his Weird jammin ass experimenal music

Occasional verses dont mean you cant ? on everybody, classic bodies of work like Illmatic, Black Album, MATW, GKMC show that when you drop the album of the year thats how you ? on everybody thats irrefutable. If he is so experimental why are you argueing so hard for his GOAT status as a rapper if he aint rapping most of the time?

I mean...if we wanna be technical,
    Dre already won a GRAMMY for Album of the Year for two Solo projects Coupled together as One.
  • JonnyRoccIT

And actually he does rap Most of the time...i said he incorporates a lot of singing and other non hip hop elements into his music alot...not MOST of the time because if we went through his catalog and compared all the songs he rapped vs sung...it would be mostly Rapped period brah
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

And actually he does rap Most of the time...i said he incorporates a lot of singing and other non hip hop elements into his music alot...not MOST of the time because if we went through his catalog and compared all the songs he rapped vs sung...it would be mostly Rapped period brah

Execpt on his solo...

When it mattered most, he choose hit pop songs over hiphop respect, now y'all want to cry over it...

900x900px-LL-f7a0c378_image.gif
  • JonnyRoccIT
    achewon87 wrote: »

Execpt on his solo...

When it mattered most, he choose hit pop songs over hiphop respect, now y'all want to cry over it...

Lol or maybe he already PROVED he could rap and didn't have to consider another group member on what type of music to make...plz tell me you understand that concept
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then I'm not interested in labelling him the best in the rap game ever too if he can't be bothered to prove it..

• achewon87

Execpt on his solo...

Lol or maybe he already PROVED he could rap and didn't have to consider another group member on what type of music to make...plz tell me you understand that concept

Nope...

He proved nothing other than being 1 half of a legendary group (My 2nd,3rd or 4th goat group depending on the day)

Please tell me you understand that...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    edited January 2017

Then I'm not interested in labelling him the best in the rap game ever too if he can't be bothered to prove it..

You ain't gotta be...obviously there are people willing to label him that and able to look past the ? and look at talent...but hey like y'all said he's disqualified right.?
    ...So bet lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah

He up there though.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Nah

He up there though.

He CAN'T be up there...he doesn't have a Solo Album...he gotta be at least in the 30's lol
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

You ain't gotta be...obviously there are people willing to label him that and able to look past the ? and look at talent...but hey like y'all said he's disqualified right.?
    ...So bet lol

There's millions of rappers not even with a record deal that have enormous "talent".... we should make a case for them too
  • The Recipe
    If 3K is Goat, that means Big Boi is Co-Goat.
  • JonnyRoccIT

...So bet lol

There's millions of rappers not even with a record deal that have enormous "talent".... we should make a case for them too

Brah is Andre a unknown rapper w/ no extensive catalog or is he a Legendary rapper w/ Many Classics to his name alongside Big Boi.?

Okay then, so why is that a point RN.?
    ...let's not try to make it seem like we don't know his greatness and what he's capable of.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 3k will beat BT In a battle? Lol.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all got 3k's top five verses?
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2017
    Y'all got 3k's top five verses?
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

Thats just my opinion.

Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)

And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

Harvard Freestyle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8DxO-66jrA

Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

LMFAO
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    ? from ATL love they Andre

That's really weird.
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you being real with yourself. There's only two real options based on all the criteria listed throughout this thread. That starts a whole different level of discussion tho...
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    texas409 wrote: »
    real question though....why doesnt he have a solo album? I never thought about it til now

He does its just not what y'all wanted it to be lol which why this argument is dumb
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That love below ? was forgettable af that's why
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That love below ? was forgettable af that's why

Nah, Love Below was bad. And whats makes it worse imo, is the 3-4 verses he does spit is fire. Like dafuq we couldn't get 14 tracks of that.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Love Below was bad? In terms of what? Musically it was a great body of work. She Lives in My Lap, vibrate, She's Alive, Prototype.... Foh!
  • achewon87
    The Love Below was bad? In terms of what? Musically it was a great body of work. She Lives in My Lap, vibrate, She's Alive, Prototype.... Foh!

Rap music...

Discussing GOAT rapper not GOAT musician...

I liked that disc on that album tho...
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rap music...

Discussing GOAT rapper not GOAT musician...

I liked that disc on that album tho...

I don't get what is the discussion here. The Love Below was never intended to be a rap album so why is it "bad because it's not a rap album" is the argument I don't understand