Yall Think Wale Missed J. Cole's Entire Point For Calling Him Out On False Prophets?

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in The Reason

I got a homie, he a rapper and he wanna win bad
He want the fame, the acclaim, the respect that's been had
By all the legends, so every time I see him, he stressin'
Talkin' 'bout, ? don't ? with him, this ? is depressin'
And I know he so bitter he can't see his own blessings
? , ? , you too blind to see you got fans, ?
And a platform to make a classic rap song
To change a ? 's life, but you too anxious livin' life
Always worried 'bout the critics who ain't ever ? ' did it
I write what's in my heart, don't give a ? who ? ' with it

https://youtu.be/wvFDXV0VBg4

Comments

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't Cole the same ? a couple years ago begging for the Hov cosign though??
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really bro?
  • #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale too sensitive to be in the game. ? need to stop whining.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he be emotional to a fault but i gotta sayb this... how a Cole gonna tell him how to feel ? Cole getting the accolades nows so he cant criticize him from a place of privledge? Esp when they friends and Cole know the flack Wale gets?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale needs to just sit back and make music. All that emotional ? gets you nowhere. Youre a rapper not one of them broads on Love and Hip Hop. Focus
  • InverseCulture
    InverseCulture Members Posts: 3
    Options
    If the feels helps his process, then he can go wild with his emotions.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You talking about him trying to get signed??
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is who Wale apparently is. Dude clearly has no intentions on changing as a person bc his boy made a rap about him I guess. (Kanye shrug)
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    I write what's in my heart, don't give a ? who ? ' with it
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This is why I rip on Wale all the time. He's a claffy. He's so bitter he can't see his own blessings for real. One critic will say Wale alright and Whale will go into a ? tirade tantrum playing the victim. Big Sean was underrated for YEARS and didn't complain, he put his heart in the music and gave us Detroit then went platinum on the follow up. J.Cole putting him on blast on a track and he wanna go hang out with him for confirmation instead of stepping his game up.

That's not true at all. Big Sean always felt the need to lecture everyone on "how nice he was" and "how he killed everyone on features" but wasn't getting the proper respect. This ? went all the way up til DSP. When Cole's first album dropped & sold well he made a remark that was pretty salty.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With that said, that track with him and Wayne is wack. He's become the epitome of hit or miss. I hope ? works out for him but at this rate it's lookin bleek cause artistically he isn't really manifesting his true potential
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In this instance, yes. But as someone said, Wale gonna be Wale.

This how he is. I don't think his SM rants takes away from his music at all.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This is why I rip on Wale all the time. He's a claffy. He's so bitter he can't see his own blessings for real. One critic will say Wale alright and Whale will go into a ? tirade tantrum playing the victim. Big Sean was underrated for YEARS and didn't complain, he put his heart in the music and gave us Detroit then went platinum on the follow up. J.Cole putting him on blast on a track and he wanna go hang out with him for confirmation instead of stepping his game up.

Caption obvious ass sion wrong yet again. Big Sean swore his 2nd album was a classic and it was called Hall of Fame. The reason Sean changed in my opinion is he went through some real life ? with friends getting him in legal trouble, Naya Rivera playing games with him and then losing his Grandmother and he started to mature and write about real life ? .

Before that ? had Detriot but the first 2 albums had some corny ? mixed in with a few gems. But big Sean and Day Day kept trying to claim that he was top this or top that and he really didn't earn more respect until Dark Sky Paradise. He was never underrated he just never started truly being more serious on his ? till DSP.
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of you "outsiders" sure have strong opinions on another persons journey.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale don't want to be average..but unfortunately his music is...
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    A lot of you "outsiders" sure have strong opinions on another persons journey.

came in here to say this.

i've never been a wale fan and wont champion the dude, but he has a right to feel how he feels.

the ? actually WANTS to be the best...and thats admirable. when you want to be the best, you want people to recognize you as such. folks telling him to "just be happy/cool" with the success he's garnered so far are on some ? .

i thought false prophets was a cool track but i didnt feel like cole was really in a position to tell the ? to stop complaining. cole is able to do a LOT without doing a lot and he himself would fight for what he feels if he saw Wale-level success/accolades.

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    He didn't miss the point but the ? is who he is. He's emotional, it comes out in his music. There's nothing wrong with so long as he channels it into good music and not just twitter rants
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    after seeing Currensy release 12 projects in 12 months(even if some are EP's,minimum 6 songs),I don't ever want to

hear another rapper complaining about what he or she don't got.

12 projects in 12 months is a horrible artist strategy period Currensy should blame himself of that dumb ? even if it was all fire material. No matter how talented you are moderation of content is king.