HipHopDX Breakdown - Andre 3000: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Comments

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Love Below was bad? In terms of what? Musically it was a great body of work. She Lives in My Lap, vibrate, She's Alive, Prototype.... Foh!

Yeah I heard all that ? , like I said

FORGETTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Love Below was bad? In terms of what? Musically it was a great body of work. She Lives in My Lap, vibrate, She's Alive, Prototype.... Foh!

Yup.

Ceelo did it WAY better

Both Gnarls Barkley albums, Ladykiller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Love Below

BTW you named 4 ? tracks outta 20
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »

Rap music...

Discussing GOAT rapper not GOAT musician...

I liked that disc on that album tho...

I don't get what is the discussion here. The Love Below was never intended to be a rap album so why is it "bad because it's not a rap album" is the argument I don't understand

I'll explain it to you.

The premise of the thread is whether or not Andre 3K is the absolute greatest MC in the history of Hip Hop, going back to the days of when they used to rock in the parks in The Bronx. From Melle Mel,Grandmaster Caz and Kool Moe Dee to LL Cool J, Slick Rick, Rakim, KRS One, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Ice Cube, Treach, Redman, Snoop, Kurrupt ALL NINE MEMBERS OF WU TANG CLAN, Jay Z, Nas, Biggie, 2Pac, Eminem, Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Pharaoh Monch, Kanye West, Lupe, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole and ? it, I'll even throw Drake in the convo.

Now the problem is that "technically" Andre 3K doesn't have a solo album. I say "technically" because the solo album that he does have, if you count it as a solo album, to quote you, "was never intended to be a rap album".

This is problematic because all of the MCs I named above have solo albums that you can compare and contrast each other's work.

Even Black Thought, who is a member of a group has dozens of albums where he holds down the majority of the vocals with a few features here and there.

Hopefully this clears things up.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    If 3K is Goat, that means Big Boi is Co-Goat.

Naw, one clearly outshined the other in all respects on their tandem projects.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rap music...

I don't get what is the discussion here. The Love Below was never intended to be a rap album so why is it "bad because it's not a rap album" is the argument I don't understand

It's only a negative in terms of fans wanting him to be the GOAT rapper without a solo rap album. I already said that I like the disc, probably said this numerous times on this board lol...

We agree that it's not a rap album and according to your post is was never intended to be one and I am fine with all that...

And Andre is one of the best emcees to do it but I cannot put him above others who do have those solo albums...

The discussion is pretty much can 3 Stacks be the GOAT without a solo rap album...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

Rap music...

I'll explain it to you.

The premise of the thread is whether or not Andre 3K is the absolute greatest MC in the history of Hip Hop, going back to the days of when they used to rock in the parks in The Bronx. From Melle Mel,Grandmaster Caz and Kool Moe Dee to LL Cool J, Slick Rick, Rakim, KRS One, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Ice Cube, Treach, Redman, Snoop, Kurrupt ALL NINE MEMBERS OF WU TANG CLAN, Jay Z, Nas, Biggie, 2Pac, Eminem, Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Pharaoh Monch, Kanye West, Lupe, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole and ? it, I'll even throw Drake in the convo.

Now the problem is that "technically" Andre 3K doesn't have a solo album. I say "technically" because the solo album that he does have, if you count it as a solo album, to quote you, "was never intended to be a rap album".

This is problematic because all of the MCs I named above have solo albums that you can compare and contrast each other's work.

Even Black Thought, who is a member of a group has dozens of albums where he holds down the majority of the vocals with a few features here and there.

Foh with this bullshyt, ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    ? it Lauryn Hill is in the discussion for the goat based on The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill plus her work with the Fugees.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand wrote: »

Rap music...

I'll explain it to you.

Foh with this bullshyt, ? .

I don't like Drake either but I've heard people throw his name in the discussion.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ? it Lauryn Hill is in the discussion for the goat based on The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill plus her work with the Fugees.

In what discussion for goat what?
  • 5th Letter
    i ro ny wrote: »

The greatest of all time if Andre 3000 is in the conversation then why not her?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    10 seconds in

I'm going to finish the video but there's probably nothing he can say to sway my opinion with a naked face

The minute he started recording, his argument started against Stacks being the GOAT
  • R.D.
    Andre is rapping on half the album of Love Below btw

? act like he just straight made a singing/pop album

He raps on damn near every track

And it's one of the greatest albums ever made. If I'm being a ? , I say you're not even a music fan if you don't hear the genius in that album
  • Revolver Ocelot
    R.D. wrote: »

And it's one of the greatest albums ever made. If I'm being a ? , I say you're not even a music fan if you don't hear the genius in that album

No the ? he ain't.

Other than Hey Ya, the only songs I like is the ones w/ some rapping in it and that's Spread, Roses, and Happy Valentine's Day.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the "Love Below" but rofl at not a fan of music if you don't like it...

Foh with the hyperbole...
  • R.D.

No the ? he ain't.

Other than Hey Ya, the only songs I like is the ones w/ some rapping in it and that's Spread, Roses, and Happy Valentine's Day.

Day in the life, behold a lady
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
  •  i ro ny

she aint in that conversation.
  • 5th Letter

But should Andre be in the discussion? Because if he is then she should be too.
  •  i ro ny

nah, he aint in the conversation.
  • 5 Grand

Lauryn Hill is the best female MC imo.

I can't say that Andre is the best male MC.

Outkast is good and they have songs I like, but neither Andre nor Big Boi is in my top 10.

No shade but it is what it is.
  • Revolver Ocelot

No the ? he ain't.

Again 5 outta 20 tracks there's rapping on

FOH ?
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andre is a Goat lyricist BUT the absolute goat?

Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaacccchhhhh

He the greatest Co-star of a duo type of emcee...

His one "solo" ain't even a rap album..
  • R.D.

No the ? he ain't.

Again 5 outta 20 tracks there's rapping on

FOH ?

Cool still one of the greatest albums ever made :)
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Serious question: is 3k the greatest in the south?

Is he better than Big Boi, Scarface, T.I.,etc.?

-Scarface is better
    -3000 is right behind Face
    -Big Boi is a great MC but not a contender for GOAT southern MC
    -TI dont even belong in this conversation

bu8w4ppttvac.gif

If a ? with no solo albums is in the convo.
    Because TI isnt that good

FOH!

As a brooklyn ? I'm offended..T.I is dumb NICE with MULTIPLE classic albums,a original style,voice,good ear for beats,good singles etc...

Dre is nicer than tip in the lyrics department but he ain't got the overall complete package to be a absolute goat

• 5th Letter

nah, he aint in the conversation.

Then we're on the same page.