krazy Like That Glue: The Craig Mack Story

Options
lethal5
lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
Learn interesting things like...

*In the beginning, he clowned Puff for wearing a 3-piece suit at the Bad Boy office...which pretty much ? his career & relationship with Puff from the jump....and also costed him a feature on Ready to Die

*He was supposed to be the 2nd voice on Biggies Warning, b4 Biggie ended up handling double-duty himself

*He was mad stubborn, whereas Biggie took direction from Puff and took his ideas to higher heights. Macks unwillingness to take Puffs advice also ? his career

Pretty interesting watch...

https://youtu.be/1nGNBn5K9KY

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope documentary
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never knew he had that much back story before BadBoy and it's cool to see an emcee work from the bottom yo the top like that

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This also is a grand tale of what happens when you try to keep yourself while trying to navigate the world of entertainment

Some may say he handled his opportunities wrong but Im proud that he stayed true to himself
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope, I'll check this later...
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    It's a good watch.

Flava in ya ear was better than juicy.

Ahhh ? , let me grab the popcorn...
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as ? ...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

"Just...like...uni-blast!!..."...wtf...
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as ? ...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

Yeah, that fact was known that he was trying to get on with EPMD at first
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understand why forbash Craig and always talk down in comparion to BIG. U gotta look at it from the in the moment context. Back then Craig had hype and his own hit. Puff just aint push him no more cuz Big blew.... It was salaways a competitve rivalray between he 2 on Bad Boy.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course he thought he was nicer than BIG, he blew up first and big was getting shine on his smash record. I think big saw what happened with mack and figured he would be better off listening to puff and keeping puff happy since puff was letting BIG do his ? ? IMO. Lol at mack making fun of puff's suit...I kept imagining that hard knocks life scene where Dame clowning on clue. Puffy wasn't having it hahaha
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldn't have been an hour but it's wild they released his album 1 week after ready to die, that's setting him up for failure there lls
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a good watch.

At the time.. This was factual.. Juicy is a classic but it didn't run airwaves like Flava in your ear did back then..
  • lethal5
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's a good watch.

I never compared the two.

Juicy was a monster cause it had mad commercial appeal to it

But Flava in your ear was a straight b-boy classic

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    It's a good watch.

At the time.. This was factual.. Juicy is a classic but it didn't run airwaves like Flava in your ear did back then..

Yeah. I remember when Flava in ya ear dropped vividly. It was getting madd spins and then they dropped the remix smdh. Juicy couldn't compete with that. Big Poppa was the better and more stand out single for Big.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    It's a good watch.

I never compared the two.

Juicy was a monster cause it had mad commercial appeal to it

But Flava in your ear was a straight b-boy classic

C/S the bold. Anytime I hear the song or the beat I go right back to 94.
  • alliknowishate
    alliknowishate Members Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still trying to figure how juicy was a classic. ? was garbage to me. It must be a nyc thing
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ tricking him into doing "Flava in ya Ear"...

I don't think the whole Craig Mack as a Mack/? would have ever worked...

I wonder how many more dope beats he passed on?...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember reading a Lord Finesse interview. He said when Craig Mack got signed to Bad Boy he didn't buy a car. So he was riding the subway while Flavor in Your Ear was a big hit on the radio.

I think the fact that he didn't buy a car with his advance money messed his career up. There's only so much you can do without a car.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have been an hour but it's wild they released his album 1 week after ready to die, that's setting him up for failure there lls

What does "lls" mean? @BlackAX410 serious question.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

What does "lls" mean? @BlackAX410 serious question.

Laughing like ?
  • lethal5
    Options

Apparently he was saying "Uniblab"...a character that appeared on the Jetsons cartoon....thats how he explained it anyways.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Craig mack was nice but more abstract than big ..Plus he wasn't consistent with his hit making