Marvel is Teaming up With Square Enix to release some video games!

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
Teaser trailer has dropped this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZsRv5rPq8

? has GOAT potential!! Im a fan of a majority of Square Enix stuff especially a majority of the Final Fantasy series. I wonder how this game will play. Im thinking they will make some sort of Marvel Universe RPG game and for that im excited af. I would like to play as the marvel characters though, not as my own created character.

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a huge fan of either company.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it's more of crystal dynamic making the game and square enix publishing.

Crystal did make the new tomb raider and deus ex so they got a decent resume to pull something off.

I don't see square making anything since they take forever to make a game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many facts wrongs in so few posts.

Publisher: Square Enix
    Developers: Crystal Dynamics (Tomb Raider, NOT Deus Ex), and...
    Eidos Montreal (the actual developers of Deus Ex)

I think the collaboration makes alot of sense and could be really good, look at Kingdom Hearts. But they couldve kept this announcement until E3. 2018?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trailer makes it seem like it's on some X-Men Destiny ? , where you make your own hero.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trailer makes it seem like it's on some X-Men Destiny ? , where you make your own hero.

Might be similar to dc online, next gen version.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ethos wrote: »

And MMO?

It's an idea with potential. Years of revenue possibly. They could base it off the movie universe so it's familiar, yet fresh. We'll see.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

And MMO?

It's an idea with potential. Years of revenue possibly. They could base it off the movie universe so it's familiar, yet fresh. We'll see.

Please ? , no.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno about about an "MMO", I think they wouldve went with different devs for that, its possible...but the games will be a shared universe, similar/ based on the MCU, just with an original story. And no, there will no X-Men, F4, Deadpool, etc. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
  • ethos
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »

And MMO?

Ya, probably an MMO cuz if you creating your own. But idk, hopefully see something at e3 or marvels own show they put up every year
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its probably that first person avenger game that got scrapped they probably revived it and will be released on vr occulus etc.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

I really hope not. DC Universe is such a generic ass MMORPG. I do love the cut scenes with the comic art after defeating a boss or clearing out a mission though. Gameplay wise its very boring to me.
  • ethos
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

I really hope not. DC Universe is such a generic ass MMORPG. I do love the cut scenes with the comic art after defeating a boss or clearing out a mission though. Gameplay wise its very boring to me.

Played it for a few months back when it launched on ps3. Never went back. Got a few friends that asked me to but was like.. nah ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Played it for a few months back when it launched on ps3. Never went back. Got a few friends that asked me to but was like.. nah ? .

Agree. I even bought the subscription for one month to gain access to all the DLC content, but its just more of the same. Any city looks almost identicle, only thing in the game that changes are the easy waves of enemies you fight through to collect so many items of whatever or for the missions of "? so many of these".

Only things that are unique are the Instances, but i mean even then it plays out the same, fight your way through then fight the boss. Some of the boss fights are cool, but still all essentially the same fight.
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hopefully they pull off another Kingdom Hearts.
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    Hopefully they pull off another Kingdom Hearts.

Oh yeah, Disney owns Marvel.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah there are rumors the next kingdom Hearts game will have marvel characters. That's gonna be so ? dope. Or maybe a marvel world sora will travel to.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tired of these developers announcing games so soon. The ? is annoying. Nowadays we're basically following games for 3 or more years before they're released.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

my character was a melee based crime fighter in gotham. to this day I could never beat bane. why they made him a giant. that ? ? me off. I deleted it and haven't played in years. I'm not sure if i'll ever download it again. that ? might stay in the trash bin.