Yall Think Wale Missed J. Cole's Entire Point For Calling Him Out On False Prophets?

2»

Comments

• EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Whining again? Smdh...wale is a ?

This ? got stans tho..not fans..STANS!!!..If he feels so strongly about not getting his proper due then he needs to create something that will shake people up instead of spewing mediocre music and then whining like a lil hoe about props..? back in the day TOOK props...I never heard big or pac whine about getting props

He better count his blessings and ?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i ro ny wrote: »
    bbkg79 wrote: »
    A lot of you "outsiders" sure have strong opinions on another persons journey.

came in here to say this.

i've never been a wale fan and wont champion the dude, but he has a right to feel how he feels.

the ? actually WANTS to be the best...and thats admirable. when you want to be the best, you want people to recognize you as such. folks telling him to "just be happy/cool" with the success he's garnered so far are on some ? .

i thought false prophets was a cool track but i didnt feel like cole was really in a position to tell the ? to stop complaining. cole is able to do a LOT without doing a lot and he himself would fight for what he feels if he saw Wale-level success/accolades.

I like some of Wale's music and think the guy has hella talent but I agree with Cole in the sense that Wale looking for love from people who don't appreciate what he does and the talent he posses is silly.

Why give these people that much power over you that you're consistently complaining via social media or in interviews. Channel that ? into your music or other venues you have going. It's impossible to please everybody and doing so will only drive you insane
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

i've never been a wale fan and wont champion the dude, but he has a right to feel how he feels.

the ? actually WANTS to be the best...and thats admirable. when you want to be the best, you want people to recognize you as such. folks telling him to "just be happy/cool" with the success he's garnered so far are on some ? .

i thought false prophets was a cool track but i didnt feel like cole was really in a position to tell the ? to stop complaining. cole is able to do a LOT without doing a lot and he himself would fight for what he feels if he saw Wale-level success/accolades.

I like some of Wale's music and think the guy has hella talent but I agree with Cole in the sense that Wale looking for love from people who don't appreciate what he does and the talent he posses is silly.

Why give these people that much power over you that you're consistently complaining via social media or in interviews. Channel that ? into your music or other venues you have going. It's impossible to please everybody and doing so will only drive you insane
    This

Bruh, you made it to heights most ? ain't going ever see

Somebody said Sean did the same ? earlier but he ain't doing it now and people starting to notice and he been figuring it out

Cole/Dot ain't got the masses like that but they focused on their base and where the love was at and grew that base behind dope ass shows and good music

Stop putting out ? and talk to your people

I can't think of somebody off the top but Wale could benefit from a joint album right now

Maybe with one of these singing rap ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? a ? no Rap song can change it it's embedded in his DNA a life event ain't make him this way ain't no type of tragedy got him thinking like a how he is who he is
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big fan of Wale but he worried about the wrong ? . Put out good music, be consistent and recognition will come. Its like he never heard of UGK or a ton of other ? dope rappers that dropped dope ? but wasn't "found" until years later.

If you so ahead of the curve don't be mad when folks take awhile to catch up. That said, Wale's issue is he's on the court with Cole, Kendrick and them and they outscoring him. He just needs to grind.

I understand the need for positive reinforcement but this ain't how you get it. He coming off whiny and that ? turns people away.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    R.D. wrote: »

This

Somebody said Sean did the same ? earlier but he ain't doing it now and people starting to notice and he been figuring it out

Cole/Dot ain't got the masses like that but they focused on their base and where the love was at and grew that base behind dope ass shows and good music

I can't think of somebody off the top but Wale could benefit from a joint album right now

Cole and Kendrick are 2 of the most popular rappers out at the moment. Both could drop tomorrow w/ no warning and have a #1 album. Hell Cole practically did just that a month ago.
  • R.D.
    blackrain wrote: »

This

Cole and Kendrick are 2 of the most popular rappers out at the moment. Both could drop tomorrow w/ no warning and have a #1 album. Hell Cole practically did just that a month ago.

Wasn't the point

And that's their fanbase doing work, not the masses

they not dropping singles to generate interest cause they put in the work and got fanbases intact which was the point of the whole post

Focus on his fanbase and let it grow, y'all can be ?
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that this ? posted the color "maroon" and proceeded to rant on instagram.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Can't take this ? serious son always beefing with females
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »

This

Wasn't the point

And that's their fanbase doing work, not the masses

they not dropping singles to generate interest cause they put in the work and got fanbases intact which was the point of the whole post

Focus on his fanbase and let it grow, y'all can be ?

They both not selling out tours? Cole selling out the arenas like MSG on his own? Kendrick headlining festivals as the headlining act isn't having the masses?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

This

I mean, lets be real.... Big Sean's first single off DSP featured BOTH Drake & Kanye.

Wale never, ever has or will ever get THAT kinda look.
  • R.D.

This

I mean, lets be real.... Big Sean's first single off DSP featured BOTH Drake & Kanye.

Man he had Lady Gaga on his first single

Keep focusing on the blessing you ain't got, you miss the ones you do

Like somebody else said, he could have been Krit
  •  i ro ny

This

And it was "I'm bout to be a mega pop star" lady gaga too....right after her first album.

Man that song was some ? juice.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

This

And it was "I'm bout to be a mega pop star" lady gaga too....right after her first album.

Soo if the song was wack & universally panned.... What does it matter if gen had Gaga? Which to my understanding wasn't some organic collaboration, interscope forced that.

I don't even know what "he coulda been KRIT" even means.

What does Krit have going for him? Wale has a gold album & a few hits on his resume. My point wasn't so much big Sean got put on, it was that Sean didn't just realize what works for him. Part of the success of that album was due to the single & superstar features all working well together.
  •  i ro ny

This

Soo if the song was wack & universally panned.... What does it matter if gen had Gaga? Which to my understanding wasn't some organic collaboration, interscope forced that.

I don't even know what "he coulda been KRIT" even means.

What does Krit have going for him? Wale has a gold album & a few hits on his resume. My point wasn't so much big Sean got put on, it was that Sean didn't just realize what works for him. Part of the success of that album was due to the single & superstar features all working well together.

i was just adding onto the commentary.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-3 years ago Wales album was better that Coles 2nd one that came out at the same time... i dont know if it went gold or not but I know folk aint give it its proper sine cuz it was Wlae and he was with Ross....
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    2-3 years ago Wales album was better that Coles 2nd one that came out at the same time... i dont know if it went gold or not but I know folk aint give it its proper sine cuz it was Wlae and he was with Ross....

You talkin bout Born Sinner vs Ambition or another Whale lp?
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? wale soft ass
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »

Unknown fact only ? on the IC have attach the stigma with ross