Outkast vs The Roots

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Outkast
    ? highlighted the singles :joy:
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, ? is up with ? talkin bout Kast having 3 straight classics like Stankonia wasn't dope as ? !?

The first five albums all classic

Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik
    ATLiens
    Aquemini
    Stankonia
    Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

All straight classics

NOBODY else in Hip Hop has as many Classics as OutKast
    ...NOBODY.
    They may have a good number of Great albums, but not classics
    But they "Disqualified " lol smh

I like Outkast agree the first 3 were great but

Facts-and-opinions-2.jpg

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »
    ? highlighted the singles :joy:

Not like I didn't buy the ? album. Just so happened thats the ? I like off there.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roots
    P. Town wrote: »
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    I SWEAR NGAZ WILL FIND ANY REASON TO HATE ON KAST/3000

AINT A GROUP ALIVE, MADE, CONSTRUCTED THAT CAN ? WITH KAST AND YALL KNOW IT

It's called being from the South fam. If Kast was from Brooklyn there would be no arguments.

This is true. If they was from brooklyn yall southern cats wouldnt be putting him at #1
  • c. skillz
    c. skillz Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Outkast
    2 dope ass groups, but Outkast has alot more versatility. I can listen to Outkast any day, but I go to the Roots when I want that specific vibe.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    AZTG wrote: »

It's called being from the South fam. If Kast was from Brooklyn there would be no arguments.

This is true. If they was from brooklyn yall southern cats wouldnt be putting him at #1

If they was from BK they probably wouldn't be anywhere near as dope.
  • AZTG
    The Roots

Outkast would dope regardless of where they are from. And 3k is an amazing emcee. But damn southern cats dickride the ? out of him. It makes sense though. No hate in my observation.
  • Stew
    Outkast

Outkast would dope regardless of where they are from. And 3k is an amazing emcee. But damn southern cats dickride the ? out of him. It makes sense though. No hate in my observation.

This makes 0 sense.
  • AZTG
    The Roots

This makes 0 sense.

If northerners not putting 3k as their goat strictly cause they not from ny makes sense, then southerners putting 3k as their goat cause he from atlanta makes sense.
  • Stew
    edited February 2017
    Outkast

This makes 0 sense.

If northerners not putting 3k as their goat strictly cause they not from ny makes sense, then southerners putting 3k as their goat cause he from atlanta makes sense.

Who said this? The guy in that HipHopDx video ain't even from ATL.
  • AZTG
    The Roots

This makes 0 sense.

I aint watch the video. And no one had to say that. Im saying that. And all im saying is if yall gonna claim that only reason we not universally putting 3k as the goat is cause he not ny, then I the reverse has to he true too. Not even saying you said that, cause i dont remember if you did. I did see people say that all over this thread this.
  • Stew
    Outkast

This makes 0 sense.

I aint watch the video. And no one had to say that. Im saying that. And all im saying is if yall gonna claim that only reason we not universally putting 3k as the goat is cause he not ny, then I the reverse has to he true too. Not even saying you said that, cause i dont remember if you did. I did see people say that all over this thread this.

I didn't cause I don't think he is but east coast(north east) bias is a fact in the media in more things than just rap. Everybody not from that region knows this.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    This is easy....best thing about the roots is the picnic...certainly not the music

Lmaooooo yo you stay corny & lame as ? . Your consistency is admirable.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast

Northerners of that era weren't exactly tryna embrace new sounds. That's why I said they probably wouldn't have been as dope. You seriously believe Northernmobsterlistictimberlandmuzik would be anywhere near as funky as what we were blessed with?
  • AZTG
    The Roots

This makes 0 sense.

I didn't cause I don't think he is but east coast(north east) bias is a fact in the media in more things than just rap. Everybody not from that region knows this.

Im not saying people arent biased. Im saying people are biased. And southern cats are biased too.
  • Stew
    Outkast

This makes 0 sense.

Im not saying people arent biased. Im saying people are biased. And southern cats are biased too.

Bruh, u said cats naming 3000 being the goat is cause he's from ATL. Find me that post.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    Cain wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Outkast with a K, yeah them ? are hard
    harder than a ? trying to impress GAWD

"Do you really wanna know about some Gangsta ? ?" That was my ? on Stankonia. Also Dre's solo track "?" was crazy.

Dawg...NOBODY in the Roots or Jay could spot over this ? or produce anything like this brah.

https://youtu.be/sImWO29l0EI

OutKast is the ? GOATS

This ? wack tho. I still ? Outkast over Roots but this beat trash. A notch above Standardized Slaughter beatwise

? that ? is hard as ? , what you talkin bout?

It's not sir.......

Being that you only listen to Little Brother and Backpack music, I can't take anyone's opinion serious if their musical taste isn't well rounded.

My ? you listen ? ? anthems and think Gucci Mane is a lyricist. Your opinion on everything hiphop is ?

Lol sureee...all I'm saying is, you like a Certain type of music and that's fine.
    The ? you shared that you listen to seemed to be all Backpack and boom bap ? and not a Variety of things. Wasn't a versatile selection of music at all and I'm saying that you for sure will have a biased opinion on different types of music outside of your norm...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast

This makes 0 sense.

Let's not act like Northerners will just openly accept a Southerner as the GOAT rapper being that Hip Hop originated in New York...that's a Tough pill to swallow being that they put out artists such as Nas and Biggie and the fact that Most Southern music is Trash AF now. You also have to consider that OutKast may be the most Non-traditional, unorthodox Hip Hop act of all time.
    You think an NY ? just gon give a Kilt wearing/ football pads-no shirt wearing ? the World Heavyweight champion title.?!? Man hell nah. The GOAT gotta have Timberlands on "B"...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The Roots
    7/8 pages and nobody posted a Roots record. This is ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/3Ys9owWbBH8
    https://youtu.be/LTz5J0VksDc

https://youtu.be/hP9nrCYoOmY
    https://youtu.be/wfnuICiTlTA

Being real, I love Outkast but Speakerboxx/Love Below is basura and I can't say that about ANY Roots album.

Outkast is more popular and maybe a little more artistic but that doesn't mean "better."
  • AZTG
    The Roots

This makes 0 sense.

Let's not act like Northerners will just openly accept a Southerner as the GOAT rapper being that Hip Hop originated in New York...that's a Tough pill to swallow being that they put out artists such as Nas and Biggie and the fact that Most Southern music is Trash AF now. You also have to consider that OutKast may be the most Non-traditional, unorthodox Hip Hop act of all time.
    You think an NY ? just gon give a Kilt wearing/ football pads-no shirt wearing ? the World Heavyweight champion title.?!? Man hell nah. The GOAT gotta have Timberlands on "B"...

Thats funny cause the goat do be having timberlands on
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roots
    Outkast's legacy is well-deserved. I respect their catalog and what they mean to the south. With that said, The Roots are miles ahead of Outkast.

We can compare classics: let's put Southernplayalistic beside Illadelph Halflife; Atliens beside Things Fall Apart; and/or Aquemini beside How I Got Over. I think musically The Roots have more to offer as far as range and content and their catalog is richer. Black Thought is top 5, Andre and Big Boi are maybe Top 20.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Outkast
    bck145 wrote: »
    This is easy....best thing about the roots is the picnic...certainly not the music

Lmaooooo yo you stay corny & lame as ? . Your consistency is admirable.

Good contribution
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Outkast's legacy is well-deserved. I respect their catalog and what they mean to the south. With that said, The Roots are miles ahead of Outkast.

We can compare classics: let's put Southernplayalistic beside Illadelph Halflife; Atliens beside Things Fall Apart; and/or Aquemini beside How I Got Over. I think musically The Roots have more to offer as far as range and content and their catalog is richer. Black Thought is top 5, Andre and Big Boi are maybe Top 20.

Most ? can't even Name 3/4 Roots albums man...cmon get real brah
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast
    I've NEVER heard somebody put Black Thought in they top 5 until this past week.

...this ? gotta be an Inside Joke brah.
  • Stew
    Outkast
    JokerzWyld wrote: »

m58ocvcnnto2.gif