Are Liberals Really As Phony As They Seem, Or Do They Actually Care?

124»

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    (Nope) wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Go figure wrote: »
    If u pay your taxes u have a right to complain. If u voted for the lesser of two evils u basically are ok with some capacity of evil being done in office so long as it works in your favor.

If your candidate didnt win, then someone else's 'lesser of two evils' won.

Then u had a candidate like bernie. U may or may not have disagreed with his policies, but he more than likely isnt corrupt/evil.

So if u voted for Hillary's nomination only bc u didnt think bernie would stand a chance against Trump, u sold yourself out.

Get of your feelings man.

I voted for Bernie in the primary and I phone-banked for Bernie. What did you do? It's real easy to question the integrity of others when you play the side-lines.

This ? has real-life and not just philosophical consequences. Bernie knew that, which is why he asked his supporters to vote for Hillary.

You considered those consequences (or I assume you did) and decided that making what you considered to be a principled decision was more important than all of the people that would be affected by a GOP triumvirate headed by Trump.

So vote for a candidate you really don't like is the solution?

Where it pertains to my well-being and the well-being of vulnerable people I have direct contact with, yes!

I have zero correlation with you outside of this forum though.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If u pay your taxes u have a right to complain. If u voted for the lesser of two evils u basically are ok with some capacity of evil being done in office so long as it works in your favor.

Then u had a candidate like bernie. U may or may not have disagreed with his policies, but he more than likely isnt corrupt/evil.

So if u voted for Hillary's nomination only bc u didnt think bernie would stand a chance against Trump, u sold yourself out.

I voted for Bernie in the primary and I phone-banked for Bernie. What did you do? It's real easy to question the integrity of others when you play the side-lines.

This ? has real-life and not just philosophical consequences. Bernie knew that, which is why he asked his supporters to vote for Hillary.

You considered those consequences (or I assume you did) and decided that making what you considered to be a principled decision was more important than all of the people that would be affected by a GOP triumvirate headed by Trump.

U think i regret not voting. I feel the same today as i did election day. If anything yall tryna lay the guilt trip on ppl who dont feel it.

I just dont understand this "u have no right to complain"....first, i dont complain,, second, if i did who cares?

Yall throw that "u non voters n your fake moral high ground!" While u condescendingly demonize ppl who dont think like u as if your super righteous ass did something so noble by voting an evil who just wasnt as evil as the other guy.

I still wont care tomorrow, promise.

I never said you had no right to complain. You keep doing that man. This dialogue is not the previous dialogue you had with whoever that made you feel a particular way.

Nobody demonized you lil buddy, so pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

I did however ask you what you're doing to actuate change. Is there an issue that is important to you? One that neither candidate addressed adequately? What are you doing to champion that cause? How are you addressing that outside of the system?

I didn't like either of my choices, but I understand that politicians are a practical means to an end, so I made a choice.

The "no right to complain" came from manofmorehouse...mixed your posts up.

N i dont do ? but pay my taxes n give bums change for liquor

That about it

My vote went out the window with bernie n i didnt run to hillary like he asked us to bc i can think for myself
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting thread and interesting views on what a liberal is. social liberals tend to vote democrat. the liberal republican aka the Rockefeller republican aka the moderate republican tends to be less concerned about social liberalism but are still liberals.

martin once wrote:

"Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

I believe their intentions are good but they do not fully understand our frustration. they keep telling us to wait and it will get better. they keep wanting to march and protest. we been waiting and we have been marching and we been protesting. still we need their support so I don't see the reason to call them phony or not welcome them. modern day social white liberals tend to believe what the government will do to one they will do to all. so when u see them supporting black lives matter and protesting this muslim ban and marching with ? its real. its real because its something in their background that says I could be next.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where it pertains to my well-being and the well-being of vulnerable people I have direct contact with, yes!

Huh?

I just answered a question.

Did you mistake me cordially answering a question you asked, as answering something about you?

I'm aware you think all this terrible ? happens in a vacuum and none of it is interconnected, so there is nothing you can do.

It doesn't matter if we're talking Tamir Rice or children suffering food insecurity, Sandra Bland or Sudanese refugees. None of these are connected to you. I get it. They are singular incidents with no connections.

• (Nope)

U think i regret not voting. I feel the same today as i did election day. If anything yall tryna lay the guilt trip on ppl who dont feel it.

I just dont understand this "u have no right to complain"....first, i dont complain,, second, if i did who cares?

Yall throw that "u non voters n your fake moral high ground!" While u condescendingly demonize ppl who dont think like u as if your super righteous ass did something so noble by voting an evil who just wasnt as evil as the other guy.

I never said you had no right to complain. You keep doing that man. This dialogue is not the previous dialogue you had with whoever that made you feel a particular way.

I did however ask you what you're doing to actuate change. Is there an issue that is important to you? One that neither candidate addressed adequately? What are you doing to champion that cause? How are you addressing that outside of the system?

I didn't like either of my choices, but I understand that politicians are a practical means to an end, so I made a choice.

That about it

My vote went out the window with bernie n i didnt run to hillary like he asked us to bc i can think for myself

I get it.

I didn't vote for her because he suggested his constituents do so. I voted for her because I understood the importance of blocking Trump.

I'm not with the ? neo-liberal calculus, but Trump offered something much worse. I hope you're ready for that.

• 5th Letter

Huh?

Did you mistake me cordially answering a question you asked, as answering something about you?

I'm aware you think all this terrible ? happens in a vacuum and none of it is interconnected, so there is nothing you can do.

It doesn't matter if we're talking Tamir Rice or children suffering food insecurity, Sandra Bland or Sudanese refugees. None of these are connected to you. I get it. They are singular incidents with no connections.

You said this.

"Where it pertains to my well-being and the well-being of vulnerable people I have direct contact with, yes!" how does me not voting effects your life? Especially when the candidate that you wanted to be elected won my state anyway?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black people still waiting for a president to change their lives, the irony, fix yourself people will follow (not all)
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

That about it

I get it.

I didn't vote for her because he suggested his constituents do so. I voted for her because I understood the importance of blocking Trump.

I'm not with the ? neo-liberal calculus, but Trump offered something much worse. I hope you're ready for that.

I respect your decision to vote for an evil ? .

N im ready for that.
  • (Nope)

Huh?

You said this.

"Where it pertains to my well-being and the well-being of vulnerable people I have direct contact with, yes!" how does me not voting effects your life? Especially when the candidate that you wanted to be elected won my state anyway?

You said "so vote for a candidate you really don't like is the solution?"

I answered you my guy.

Forget how juvenile and myopic that question came off as. I answered it.

• 5th Letter

Huh?

You said this.

I answered you my guy.

Me. Not. Voting. Does. Not. Affect. Your. Life. Or. Anyone. Else's. So. ? . Outta. Here.
  • (Nope)

Huh?

You said this.

I answered you my guy.

Me. Not. Voting. Does. Not. Affect. Your. Life. Or. Anyone. Else's. So. ? . Outta. Here.

Are. You. Going. To. Cry?

• (Nope)
    If you don't want people to challenge your extremely limited point of view, then don't put it out there.
  • (Nope)
    None. Of. This. Affects. @Peace_79
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh?

You said this.

I answered you my guy.

? Jets fan smh

0x5jssbthe9p.gif
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Think about how many Black people get killed every day, or how many are underpaid, underemployed, smarter and more talented than their bosses yet languishing at a dead end. It may not be you but it's a lotta folks..

Still, these fake ass liberals only seem to care in an academic sense, but not really in real life. There is no outrage.

But let somebody snatch a chicks hat off (who happens to be religious), and everybody loses their ? ' mind. "This is America, we're better than that," they'll say. ? .

Which is why I think these protests are ? . The only reason they stand up for women, ? and religious minorities is because they don't actually have to risk anything in doing so. When it comes to Black people... *crickets*

When the guns get shooting 90% of the liberals will walk away and shut up. I'm being liberal saying 90% when it's really like 98% will leave. However, even in their only being willing to conveniently shout knowing they will face no retaliation or punishment still serves a minor purpose against injustice.

Also, all this marching they're doing comes on the heels of watching us BLACKS protest for the past 4 years and wanting to feel active also BUT not wanting to be alongside black Human right issues. They want equality as long as they are still privileged enough to not have to give up anything or really compete equally with people of color. So basically they want equality as long as they still get privileges.