What the WWE needs to improve....

KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
edited May 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
A lot of fans/casual watchers have been complaining about how WWE has gotten quite bland and unbearable to watch...and especially since the PG-era, I have lost much interest. What do you guys think WWE has to do to improve their current situation?? Here's 5 things I think would help:

1. Re-establish a Tag-team division - WWE really needs to make some decent tag teams and bring some prestige back to the tag division. I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but out of the last three tag title reigns, The Miz was in two of them. Also, they make no sense with the stables that they decide to build and disband. They got rid of Miz and Morrison, Cryme Tyme, the Colons, and others I can't think of right now so far this year.

2. Bring back the Cruiserweight championship - WWE needs to establish a Cruiserweight division to combat the X-division if TNA gets bigger. You have many stars who could be Cruiserweight champion and then shot to the stars. Evan Bourne for example could be a Cruiserweight champion. You could also use it to push newer talent, say, Justin Gabriel.

3. Stop holding people back - Matches would be way more exciting if WWE would let their talent use their full abilities. Santino?? Maryse?? Hello???

4. Merge the nonsense titles and turn them into T.V. title-esque titles or actually do something with them - before this past week, when was the last time that their were US/IC title defenses? If they're going to do that then they should merge these two titles much like they did with the tag titles into one belt and defend it across both brands on every show. Many title matches are held on PPV, so this would effectively have an impact on fan morale having a title match in every stadium to give the fans a show.

5. And finally...Get some decent storylines and rivalries going - I personally am getting tired of seeing Cena fight the same guys every week. It is always Cena vs. Orton, Cena vs. Edge, Cena vs. HHH. quit making Cena the champion and give some new guys a chance. WWE did a good thing making Sheamus the champion, but screwed it up making him feud with Cena. Cena is IMO bland and tasteless. He can come up with a few good jokes but overall, he is not a good wrestler. Edge vs. Orton is a good storyline, but on the Smackdown side of things, you have Swagger vs. Big Show. Big Show is a one way fighter, and Swagger was pushed way too early.

Questions, comments, concerns??

Comments

• Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Bring back the ? title. It was fun and spontaneous, also the outside interactions like on the streets, clubs, hotels, etc.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    have longer/entertaining matches..

back in ecw, it wasnt all bout weapons, ? had 30 min matches, simply showcasing their talents...

it started to get like dat on smackdown, when paul heyman was da storyline gm..it'd always be a match in da middle of da sho dat would steal da sho

featuring talented wrasslers such as edge, benoit, guerrero, angle, jericho, hell i even remember a match between matt hardy and ? ? ass rikishi that was top notch...

and they gotta get rid of dis pg ass ? ..let da wrasslers do them, thats y i respect ? like jericho, orton, and what not...

john cena is my ? , but dis corny white boy american hero ? gotta go...
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited May 2010
    also, get rid of some of this over da hill ass ? and push some new talent...

evan bourne=needs a push
    shelton benjamin=needed a push
    mvp=needs a push...

mark henry=how do dis ? still have a job...
    kane=? shoulda known it was a wrap when dey took dat belt off him after 24 hrs...
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    also, get rid of some of this over da hill ass ? and push some new talent...

evan bourne=needs a push
    shelton benjamin=needed a push
    mvp=needs a push...

mark henry=how do dis ? still have a job...
    kane=? shoulda known it was a wrap when dey took dat belt off him after 24 hrs...

too late for shelton benjamin, got them 'deavors like a week ago. but yes evan bourne needs a push. and please someone answer me this: how the ? is kofi kingston and john morrison not world champions yet? to me they are the most athletic and talented people in wwe but yet they have only gotten 1 title shot each if i can remember and it was for separate elimination chambers. and IMO kane is still around because he's a good worker and keeps his nose clean but he deserves at least one more title reign
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited May 2010
    just more fresh feuds for the World titles especially on Raw, and quit with the random tag teams and breaking up established ones for no reason.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    basically all they need to do it combine smackdown and raw again and add ? belt and any other belt to help keep things interesting after they separated the brands things just went down hill
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2010
    Word, Morrison and Kofi should've been in the main event spotlight a while ago (i'm not talking about that 1 month fued Kofi had either) and I dunno if he has any mic skills but Evan Bourne is just a waste at this point the way they're using him.
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2010
    Something that Cutler reminded me in the other thread when he mentioned Sheamus' character is how badly they need to change the face/heel concept.

The heel rarely gets over a face cleanly, especially at a PPV. I would love to see a monster heel that not only dominated on Raw/Smackdown and beat guys up every week; but who can also win cleanly at PPVs without being overcome by SuperCena or someone else stupid.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    Something that Cutler reminded me in the other thread when he mentioned Sheamus' character is how badly they need to change the face/heel concept.

The heel rarely gets over a face cleanly, especially at a PPV. I would love to see a monster heel that not only dominated on Raw/Smackdown and beat guys up every week; but who can also win cleanly at PPVs without being overcome by SuperCena or someone else stupid.

I agree with this. But if they not being fed to cena then it's HHH destroying their credibility
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    It aint so much the PG rating it's just the stupid ? . WWE was "PG" rated in 93-94 and those years was the ? . But when you have ? ' midgets running around doin crotch-chops and goin through a blackhole it's really insulting. Really raw has turned to ? Acme Acres wit all that stupid ? .

Now, elevate some people. Kofi, JoMo, Christian, Miz, should be in the Main Event

And I know some people aint gon like this but, Undertaker need to quit. He can no longer wrestle and it's showing. He just plods around the ring just going through the motions. LEAVE NOW!!

Something ground-breaking needs to happen to. Like a Cena heel turn or something. Everything is waayyyy to predictable now. Like last night, It wasnt any doubt in my mind that CM Punk was gonna lose. How about have Rey lose and join the SES for a month or so. Just to shake things up a bit. Have him win his "freedom" back at Summerslam.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    It aint so much the PG rating it's just the stupid ? . WWE was "PG" rated in 93-94 and those years was the ? . But when you have ? ' midgets running around doin crotch-chops and goin through a blackhole it's really insulting. Really raw has turned to ? Acme Acres wit all that stupid ? .

Now, elevate some people. Kofi, JoMo, Christian, Miz, should be in the Main Event

And I know some people aint gon like this but, Undertaker need to quit. He can no longer wrestle and it's showing. He just plods around the ring just going through the motions. LEAVE NOW!!

Something ground-breaking needs to happen to. Like a Cena heel turn or something. Everything is waayyyy to predictable now. Like last night, It wasnt any doubt in my mind that CM Punk was gonna lose. How about have Rey lose and join the SES for a month or so. Just to shake things up a bit. Have him win his "freedom" back at Summerslam.

That would be a good storyline
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited May 2010
    sad but true..

acme acres=dead on comparison
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking back at these threads I can say I'm happy with the WWE product

We suffered thru some mediocre programming from 2006-2012
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RawAce wrote: »
    Looking back at these threads I can say I'm happy with the WWE product

We suffered thru some mediocre programming from 2006-2012

Hell nah . Since the pg era ? been fked up
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to allow the wrestlers have more freedom lik b4.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Not so much storytelling, cause natural to WWE, but story building.

Back in 1997 Vince said he could turn Stone Cold Steve Austin vs The Rock into the biggest rivalry in the world. He did in a couple years. That was a challenge Vince put on the creative team.

Story building can make any two wrestlers an anticipated WrestleMania match. Any 2. With the right story, it's possible.

Take for instance next year's WrestleMania in New Orleans. You could make the main event Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns. 2 full time WWE Stars, why not? You could even build it like this...

Say Rollins was able to face HHH at WrestleMania this year. Let Rollins get his revenge in a very good 20 minute match or so. Then, Reigns appears and cost Rollins the match. Effectively turning Reigns heel.

A few months down the line, Reigns wins the WWE Universal Championship. He's in full heel mode with his cousins The Usos. Interfering in his matches to ensure the victory. Classic heel.

During this time, let Rollins keep trying to get his match with Reigns but unsuccessful until Summerslam.

Reigns vs Rollins main event Summerslam. They have a very good match with the stipulation if Rollins loses, he goes to the back of the line. Rollins comes very close to beating Reigns until the very last minute when an Uso interferes and Rollins loses. He got screwed and back of the line he goes.

The fans start anticipating a rematch.

Things for swimmingly for Reigns until January, keeps on cheating to win, Rollins climbing that ladder itching for that rematch with Reigns.

Come Royal Rumble, Reigns wins his title defense in very heel form and Rollins wins the Rumble. A well deserved Rumble win. Setting up a anticipated rematch at WrestleMania.

February let Rollins face both Usos at Fastlane with the stipulation being if he loses, he loses his WrestleMania match. He wins, of course.

You have successfully storylined and built a very anticipated WrestleMania Main Event between Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship.

But that's just my opinion.