‘We’ll Destroy His Career’: Adolf Trump Reportedly Threatens Action Against Bothersome State Senator

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy

http://www.mediaite.com/online/well-destroy-his-career-trump-reportedly-threatens-action-against-bothersome-state-senator/
While meeting with sheriffs from around the country today, President Donald Trump told a Texas sheriff that he’d be willing to “destroy” a state senator that was apparently not being accommodating, according to pool reports.

The president was speaking with Rockwall County Sheriff Harold Eavenson when Eavenson began complaining about a Texas lawmaker not working with him to get things done.

It is unclear who the senator is that was at the center of Eavenson’s complaints. The state senator who represents Rockwall County, Bob Hall, is a Republican, but it could honestly be anyone in the state. Per the Dallas News, “speculation immediately began to swirl” in the state’s capital.

Also during the meeting this morning, Trump railed against the media once again, calling the press a “very, very dishonest arm” while grumbling about negative coverage of him.

Watch video of Trump’s comments above.

UPDATE 12:24 PM ET: According to the Washington Post’s Radley Balko, it appears that it is indeed Hall.

Update:

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelly ann conway dennis leary looking ass
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    But how the sheriff sat there telling Trump like that was his big brother / OG and they was about to go put in work or some ? ?

? ass ? had his hands folded lookin all nervous and giddy like "and then he said, and then he said...."

Then wouldn't even say the senator's name. ? coward.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stringer and Copper need a Trump sub-forum so they can obsess over his every move.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump is a true OG.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But he never destroyed Cosby's career?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but isnt that politics PERIOD!!?

oh right!
    they suppose to not talk about it and jus do it..
    or say one thing while doin the other..

#alternativeoutrage
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Also buried in this.... he was offering to issue an executive order to allow cops more power related to asset forfeiture (aka cops straight-up stealing money from people).

This guy consistently chooses the most evil side of every issue he's faced with.

Where were u, when he was campaigning???

Y'all act as if he was promising bunnies, roses, and unicorns for everyone... no...the man is staying true to all his promises.

At this point, it seems as if the ppl who are getting kicked out the country are the actual winners..it's the ones who staying that should be afraid... im about to get me a one way ticket to Ghanna.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »

They act like goons from those old 80 cartoons that follow the main villian around and call him boss

I thought i was the only one who picked that up.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

oh right!

#alternativeoutrage

Good post especially the bold!
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭
    "This just in Donald trump ate a philly cheese steak with no cheese"

"Are you ? serious?! Trumps gonna hogtie everybody's dog and make cheese illegal"

#ALTERNATIVEOUTRAGE
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm convinced this dudes days are numbered...
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Trump is annoying, But that seemed more like a joke.

edit: You never know with Trump tho... all his jokes, I'm sure have more than an ounce of truth to them.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh right!

#alternativeoutrage

There is a difference between fighting another politician's efforts and trying to destroy another politician's career. I'm not saying the latter doesn't happen, but let's not act like it's commonplace for one politician to make moves to try and take a rival out. And it damn sure is not a regular thing for the President to make moves against state senators. I know some of ya'll just don't give a ? , but the ? Trump is doing is not politics as normal. A lot of the people in his own party are wary of him.
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2017

oh right!

#alternativeoutrage

There is a difference between fighting another politician's efforts and trying to destroy another politician's career. I'm not saying the latter doesn't happen, but let's not act like it's commonplace for one politician to make moves to try and take a rival out. And it damn sure is not a regular thing for the President to make moves against state senators. I know some of ya'll just don't give a ? , but the ? Trump is doing is not politics as normal. A lot of the people in his own party are wary of him.

maybe thats what it is wit me..

cause all the ? look the same to me..
    it jus sounds different..

but i always looked at actions anyway..'
    now FOR ONCE the words are actually matching up. lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh right!

#alternativeoutrage

maybe thats what it is wit me..

cause all the ? look the same to me..
    it jus sounds different..

but i always looked at actions anyway..'
    now FOR ONCE the words are actually matching up. lol

Yeah, dude has been a man of his word. That's true. But dude is more dangerous than the typical politician. He worse even than other dumb politicians like GWB.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man of his word?

he's giving handouts to goldman sachs, making a billionaire with no experience at anything secretary of education, not locking up hilary clinton, not replacing the aca with a better healthcare system, making the ceo of exxon secretary of state, making taxpayers pay billions for his stupid ? wall - these are all things in direct contrast with his campaign.

he's doing what many expected he would do but not what he said he would do by any means.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/konni-burton-says-not-deterred-by-trump-offer-to-destroy-career
    TX State Senator Says She Won't Be 'Deterred' By Trump's 'Destroy' Threat

Texas state Sen. Konni Burton (R) said on Wednesday that she "will not be discouraged nor deterred" by President Donald Trump's offer to "destroy" the career of an unnamed Texas state senator over legislation a sheriff disagreed with.

"I will not be discouraged nor deterred. The moment for reform of our system of asset forfeiture has arrived," Burton wrote in a statement obtained by TPM Wednesday.

She said she has "never met with" Rockwall County Sheriff Harold Eavenson, who complained about the legislation in a listening session at the White House on Tuesday, but that she takes "exception to his comments."

Eavenson referred to the state senator, whom the sheriff declined to identify, as "him" and "he" in his remarks to Trump on Tuesday.

"State senator in Texas, he was talking about introducing legislation to require conviction before we could receive that forfeiture money," he said. "I told him that the cartel would build a monument to him in Mexico if he could get that legislation passed."

"Who's the state senator? Do you want to give his name? We'll destroy his career," Trump replied.

Eavenson later told the Dallas Morning News that he did not take Trump's offer literally.
  • CapitalB
    man of his word?

he's giving handouts to goldman sachs, making a billionaire with no experience at anything secretary of education, not locking up hilary clinton, not replacing the aca with a better healthcare system, making the ceo of exxon secretary of state, making taxpayers pay billions for his stupid ? wall - these are all things in direct contrast with his campaign.

he's doing what many expected he would do but not what he said he would do by any means.

so ur sayin he's a fast learner!? lol

didnt Obama campaign about bein tough on banks and put them ? in his cabinet!?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man of his word?

so ur sayin he's a fast learner!? lol

didnt Obama campaign about bein tough on banks and put them ? in his cabinet!?

Yup

But Trump flipped a law and made it easier for banks to ? over ppl