northside7 wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    It's a good watch.

Flava in ya ear was better than juicy.

I never compared the two.

Juicy was a monster cause it had mad commercial appeal to it

But Flava in your ear was a straight b-boy classic

C/S the bold. Anytime I hear the song or the beat I go right back to 94.

Me too, especially since me & my brother took an unplanned, last minute trip to NYC that summer to do some back to school shopping.

I remember listening to Hot97 (back when it had a good reputation and was hiphops premier radio stn) on my bro's car stereo.
    Flava in your Ear was a monster, and was everywhere that summer.

To this day, I still got an actual cassette mixtape (Dj Showtime: Mortal Combat), that i bought when i was there, from a street vendor in Harlem.

*Flava in ya ear is on that mixtape, but Dj Showtime did a horrible job cuttin it up though. It sounded like an amateur was scratching. Everybody I played it for was like "wtf?", when it got to that part of the mixtape.

The good ole days

I first heard it in 94 when this cat from Queens went home on leave and brought it back on this DJ Silva Surfa mixtape, but dude was cutting that ? up something wicked. Everybody on the boat dubbed that tape
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good watch.

Me too, especially since me & my brother took an unplanned, last minute trip to NYC that summer to do some back to school shopping.

I remember listening to Hot97 (back when it had a good reputation and was hiphops premier radio stn) on my bro's car stereo.

To this day, I still got an actual cassette mixtape (Dj Showtime: Mortal Combat), that i bought when i was there, from a street vendor in Harlem.

*Flava in ya ear is on that mixtape, but Dj Showtime did a horrible job cuttin it up though. It sounded like an amateur was scratching. Everybody I played it for was like "wtf?", when it got to that part of the mixtape.

The good ole days

I first heard it in 94 when this cat from Queens went home on leave and brought it back on this DJ Silva Surfa mixtape, but dude was cutting that ? up something wicked. Everybody on the boat dubbed that tape

'94 was a dope year
  • lethal5
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as ? ...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

"Just...like...uni-blast!!..."...wtf...

Apparently he was saying "Uniblab"...a character that appeared on the Jetsons cartoon....thats how he explained it anyways.

..it makes sense, since his boy is on the intro saying "Kick that old robotic, futuristic George Jetson ? "...."Just- like-UniBlab"

" Just-Like-Uniblab"
    https://youtu.be/EnsVmPHbQT0
  • lethal5
    Co-Sign

I think the whole Boot Camp Click movement was popping off in '94 too
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co-Sign

I think the whole Boot Camp Click movement was popping off in '94 too
    Yep, they dropped in 93-94, countless joints back then. And think, these cats were my age at the time and dropping dope ? as compared to what young people are dropping nowadays.

• lethal5
    Just finished watchin an easy moe bee interview, he said flava in your ear stayed on the top of the charts for 16 weeks
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished watchin an easy moe bee interview, he said flava in your ear stayed on the top of the charts for 16 weeks

I actually liked the original better than the remix
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original one more chance might be better than Juicy but foh with the remix, might of been bigger but not better
  • lethal5
    It's a good watch.

The good ole days

'94 was a dope year

Yes suh it was, I remember it to, I turned 21 that year
    Illmatic
    Jeru the Damaja
    OC Word Life
    Ready To Die
    Out Kast first album
    Common's Resurrection Album
    Pete Rock and CL Main Ingrediant
    Organized Konfusion Stress Album
    Digable Planets
    GangStarr Hard to Earn
    GraveDiggas 6ft Deep
    Warren G
    ? Tical album
    Dare Iz A Darkside
    Beastie Boys
    8Ball & MJG
    Brand Nubian,
    I can go on and on. All classics

Notice how much different styles and variety you had. The league was definitely better back then.
  • lethal5
    Does this mean Craig Macks showing up on drink champs?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still trying to figure how juicy was a classic. ? was garbage to me. It must be a nyc thing

I bet you know all the words
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have been an hour but it's wild they released his album 1 week after ready to die, that's setting him up for failure there lls

What does "lls" mean? @BlackAX410 serious question.

lls
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I THOUGHT HE WAS NICE...
    HE WAS LIKE A ? ERICK SERMON/REDMAN...
  • lethal5
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as ? ...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

"Just...like...uni-blast!!..."...wtf...

Yeah, that fact was known that he was trying to get on with EPMD at first

Yup, even Craig's dj "4-5" was EPMD's dj on there first album, but he went by the name Dj K La Boss