A racist saltine backup MLB catcher tweets protesters should be treated 'like animals'...

2»

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    See how easy that was?

If only this would happen to murdering ass cops then ? wouldn't be tearing Charlotte up right now.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    They should because they are not protesting they are rioting big difference.

Throwing rocks on the highway at passing cars how do u know the people arent driving the cars black or old people its night its hard to see ? .

Breaking windows of shop owners that have nothing to do with what happened. Stealing ? . Trying to set fire to people. Shooting and killing other "protesters". I could go on.

Blm are thugs nothing more nothing less

Down vote me flag me i dont care blm arent helping to stop the rascism in this country they are adding to it

How would you know what racism looks like when you can't even spell it correctly?

Ig'nant muhfucka.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of racist whites living amongst blacks here. So he ain't saying nothing. ? him.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

Not much of a suspension only 2 weeks left for the regular season and Seattle is in 3rd place.

lmao you beat me to it, ppl in here was a lil too happy at that news lol

that said, i hope this ? -ass cac really needed those 30 stacks
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True colors come out. Nothing is shocking when dealing with the devil let em keep exposing themselves.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

Well damn, they distanced themselves from his beliefs with the quickness.

Guess he wasn't enough of an assest to talk that ? .
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ROmp. I like that " Wasn't enough of an asset.". Thought his ass was safe. I hope he looses everything! House, wife, car and commits suicide! They weak like that when the bottom falls out.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @ROmp. I like that " Wasn't enough of an asset.". Thought his ass was safe. I hope he looses everything! House, wife, car and commits suicide! They weak like that when the bottom falls out.

He thought that white privilege would protect him
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    1CK1S wrote: »

he protected his tweets w/ a quickness

Man his whole look screams racist
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

Come on now.. He said he's from da streets of Baltimore.. He can't be racist...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

He thought that white privilege would protect him

Your post just made me realize something. This CAC complexion did bring him protection and white privilege wasn't a muthafucka this time.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kai wrote: »

Throwing rocks on the highway at passing cars how do u know the people arent driving the cars black or old people its night its hard to see ? .

Breaking windows of shop owners that have nothing to do with what happened. Stealing ? . Trying to set fire to people. Shooting and killing other "protesters". I could go on.

Down vote me flag me i dont care blm arent helping to stop the rascism in this country they are adding to it

How about I just ban you instead? Stormfront is thata way, I'm sure you'll receive much more support for your asinine positions. Good bye, you won't be missed

You should delete all his comments too.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on now.. He said from da streets of Baltimore.. He can't be racist...

He's from the docks over by the Greek and them.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R0mp wrote: »

Well damn, they distanced themselves from his beliefs with the quickness.

Guess he wasn't enough of an assest to talk that ? .

Smh, do better, self.

• kid_khameleon
    kid_khameleon Members Posts: 337 ✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    You can tell by his face that he's a racist.

I feel the same way about Rex Ryan
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    @ROmp. I like that " Wasn't enough of an asset.". .thought his ass was safe. I hope he looses everything! House, wife, car and commits suicide! They weak like that when the bottom falls out.

#bars
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/in-first-interview-since-insensitive-tweets-steve-clevenger-says-hes-not-racist-234530546.html
    In first interview since insensitive tweets, Steve Clevenger says he's not racist

Former major league catcher Steve Clevenger, whose incendiary and insensitive tweets during the September protests in Charlotte led to a suspension and accusations of racism, is hopeful his remorse and attempts to educate himself on the complexities of cultural issues can help earn him entrée back into organized baseball as spring training begins without him.

“My words were wrong. I regret every day that I wrote it, and I wish I could take it back,” Clevenger told Yahoo Sports in his first interview since the tweets. “They were harsh. They were mean. They angered a lot of people. And I’m sorry for it. I can only ask for forgiveness.”

As the protests that followed a number of police shootings of black men led to conflicts between law enforcement and demonstrators on Sept. 22, Clevenger sent a pair of tweets before going to a doctor’s appointment for the broken hand that had sidelined him for the second half of the season with the Seattle Mariners.

The first tweet read: “[Black Lives Matter] is pathetic once again! Obama you are pathetic once again! Everyone involved should be locked behind bars like animals.” The second: “Black people beating whites when a thug got shot holding a gun by a black officer haha s*** cracks me up! Keep kneeling for the Anthem!”

When the 30-year-old Clevenger left the doctor’s office, he realized the tweets had gone viral. Clevenger said Jeff Kingston, the Mariners’ assistant general manager, reached out and asked him to delete the tweets. They were screengrabbed before he did so, and within 24 hours the Mariners – who had traded eventual American League home run champion Mark Trumbo for Clevenger, a backup catcher – had suspended him for the remainder of the season. On Nov. 2, he was removed from the Mariners’ 40-man roster and chose free agency.

While a handful teams have inquired about Clevenger’s status this offseason, none has offered him so much as a minor league contract.

“I try not to think about it too much,” Clevenger said. “I try to hold out hope that a couple lines on Twitter won’t end my career. I’m trying to think positive. I want people to know who I really am as a person. I want an opportunity to show people my tweets aren’t who I am or who I want to be.

“I’ve spent all offseason trying to become a better person. Learn different cultures. The history of the United States.”

Throughout the winter, Clevenger engaged with a number of black people inside and outside the game to better understand their place within it as well as society. Between conversations about racial inequality and suggestions of documentaries to watch, including “Slavery by Another Name” and Ava DuVernay’s “13th, ” Clevenger said he gained a clearer perspective on why his tweets were wrong.

“I see how people could be hurt,” he said. “I see how people can take it as being racist. I don’t have hatred in my body because of race or religion or gender. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely wouldn’t have posted those tweets. That’s not the person I am.

“I come from a struggling family. I understand people’s pain when they come to that. I grew up around it. I had friends who didn’t have much of anything, but they’re my friends. I don’t judge people on how much money they have or their race or their gender or what religion they practice. I don’t hate people because of that type of thing.”

Clevenger said he has studied the Black Lives Matter movement, and while he disagreed with some of President Obama’s policies, “I respected Obama as our president.” Clevenger is particularly regretful over the use of the word thug, a loaded phrase whose connotation he said he did not realize. “At the time, I didn’t,” Clevenger said. “I wasn’t thinking when I wrote it. Now I know better. Not everybody is a thug.” Clevenger’s feelings on kneeling for the national anthem, as Colin Kaepernick and others were doing at the time, remains the same: “He’s free to exercise his rights. I don’t hold it against him. I’m just not for it. But he has his right to kneel for the anthem.”

Clevenger, who said he did not vote in November and that he is “not political,” said he respects the rights of demonstrators who have shown up in droves across the country to protest President Trump.

“I’m all for people protesting,” Clevenger said. “I’m all for people exerting their rights in the United States to demonstrate peacefully. I don’t agree with violent protests, attacking people, burning things down. I can’t condone that. That’s not who I am and not what I believe in.”

Whether major league teams will believe Clevenger and give him a second chance is the question he cannot answer yet. He spent his offseason in Marianna, Fla., staying in shape should a team call him. If he does not hear from an affiliated organization, Clevenger said he would be willing to play independent baseball in hopes of working himself back into the good graces of major league teams.

His message for those who doubt his intentions is simple.

“I’m not a racist,” Clevenger said. “I wasn’t raised to be a racist. My family isn’t racist. Nobody I’m involved with is racist. I don’t condone it. I don’t agree with hating people. That’s not me. That’s not who I am. That’s not something I’m OK with supporting.

“I’m hoping that I can get an opportunity to play ball again and be part of a solution. If a team asks me to help out, I’ll volunteer to do whatever they want. To hear people’s voices that can’t be heard. If I can get the opportunity to play in your organization, if you get to know me, you’d get to know somebody really good. I don’t have hatred in me. I have a passion to play baseball. That’s my goal in life. And if you give me the opportunity to show you my tweets don’t define who I am, you might be surprised.”

Damn.. He's desperate to get another one of those big MLB checks...
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why ban some one who made a point about throwing rocks...i disagree bout blm being thugs...but wtf yall want a echo chamber ? can't view ? different that aint g that aint me....o ? basballl
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a racist will always be a racist rich or poor
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Self ether the best ether. Out the league and will be selling insurance by the end of the year because of 2 tweets.

gwxyazvd1394.gif

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a lot of racism in sports. they say black athletes and white athletes don't ? with each other heavy and the whites are racist. look at how they was bullying that dude that played for the dolphins a couple of years ago. the only friendship in sports I could recall is larry byrd and magic Johnson or john Stockton and carl Malone.